No table option - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #1

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
No table option

My build sheet is due in a few weeks and I'm definitely going with the U-dinette. I am strongly considering a no table option than just purchasing a small classy table that I can use as necessary inside or out . This would eliminate the leg holders in the floor. Along with that thought I would also have the drop down tables on either side. There are only two of us and a dog. Has anyone gone this route or wish they had? Any thoughts on a cool folding table to enhance the interior look?
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
I also have a 19' on order with a U Shaped lounge/dinette in the back. Pick up is in Feb. I had debated back and forth about the table. My main request was to NOT have the table hardware screwed to the floor. I finally decided to keep the table and not have the hardware installed. I'm getting foldable legs for the table, so it can be used indoors if needed and also outdoors. I also ordered two flip up tables on each side of the U lounge, for when it's just us travelling with no kids and creates more floor space for the dogs!
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:04 AM   #3

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
We're getting a u-shaped dinette in our 21, as well as the two flip up tables at the wall ends. We're not getting the table installed, although it will be provided to us if we want to do so at a later date.

I know it's not fancy, but this is what I got from Amazon. I've already used it at home and at a holiday bazaar I vended at. It worked great and easily folded up and down. I tested it out with our couch at home, in an area the same as what we'll have in the trailer. There was still room to wiggle around the side of the tray so I could get up and down without putting it away.

However, we'll see later next month how it really works in The Trailer. If not, I'll search around for something else. I plan to use it when I want to do some crafting in The Trailer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #4

Trailer: SOLD 2016 Classic 21ft - SOLD 2016 Ram 1500 tug - ORDERED Van Replacement
Hi, we just took delivery of a 21ft with U shape. We deleted the table for same reason you mentioned. Don't want two ant hills to stub my toes. Feel free to send alternative table layout for consideration. When you delete table, you get the table top to use as bedding support and all the hardware, 2 tubes, cones and slider that goes under table.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:21 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 19' 5/02/17
So no discount by not getting table?
bsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
When you delete table, you get the table top to use as bedding support and all the hardware, 2 tubes, cones and slider that goes under table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoke View Post
Just in case, later, you discover why some people have tables in their trailers.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:25 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Lagun Adjustable Swivelling Cockpit Table Mounting System

I'm thinking about using this table system and mounting it on the front passenger corner area of the U shape dinette. Maybe the table can also be used as additional counter space while cooking or preparing food. It can then swing back into the dinette for use while eating. Still pondering though as I have until July 2017.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:35 AM   #8

Lifetime Kids Table with 4 Lime Chairs

The local Costco also has this table only (without chairs) and the table top is light weight. I am thinking about removing the legs and mounting it to the Lagun tabletop.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #9

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmoke View Post
I don't know if you don't get a table at all - that's something that ETI could answer. You get a discount for not getting some items, but not everything.

I think most folks that aren't installing the table are still getting it and they're stashing it away somewhere (ours will go in the attic). Things happen and you might need to sell your trailer later on and the next person may want that table. That's especially important if you're getting custom countertops as the new owner may not be able to get a match if it's been discontinued.

We also ordered two filler boards to use when the dinette is converted to a bed. I figure one can be used while lounging as that back bench is rather narrow for my big butt, plus cats. One filler board gives you (and your cats or dogs) lots more room for lounging. Heck, someone could sleep there with just the one board, if need be.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:54 AM   #10

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
We also have a 19' on order and considering the u-shaped dinette. Space and table configuration is a concern. We like the Springfield pedestal and configuration rbryan4 has implemented. Here are some pictures: http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...mods-5691.html

It does require the pedestal be permanently mounted. I believe ETI will install it if you deliver it to them.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:59 AM   #11

There is no credit if one doesn't want the table. You still get the table top with the hardware uninstalled.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:05 PM   #12

I was informed there is a $75.00 CDN credit for not getting a table.

No credit for not getting a bathroom sink and no credit for not getting a range hood. They do install an additional light if no range hood.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
I was informed there is a $75.00 CDN credit for not getting a table.

No credit for not getting a bathroom sink and no credit for not getting a range hood. They do install an additional light if no range hood.
Interesting....I wasn't informed of that. Only that one still gets the table and it's up to them if they want to use/install. I knew about the "no credit" for the bathroom sink, since we're not getting one of those.

Oh well...the table will come in handy when it's needed.
Old 11-14-2016, 12:21 PM   #14

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
My plan is to get U dinette option and as others have chosen. Not have table or hardware installed, but use the table provided by ETI mounted on Lagun pedestal mount.

Table top can be removed from Lagun mount and still used to make bed if needed for company.

I like the option of clean floor and removable mount.

This is link to part one of two Lagun installation videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
Lagun Adjustable Swivelling Cockpit Table Mounting System

I'm thinking about using this table system and mounting it on the front passenger corner area of the U shape dinette. Maybe the table can also be used as additional counter space while cooking or preparing food. It can then swing back into the dinette for use while eating. Still pondering though as I have until July 2017.
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzam29 View Post
Interesting....I wasn't informed of that. Only that one still gets the table and it's up to them if they want to use/install. I knew about the "no credit" for the bathroom sink, since we're not getting one of those.

Oh well...the table will come in handy when it's needed.
It was in an email where I was planning to pay for the additional 12 or 18 inch filler board (or both) with the pad and not get a table.
Old 11-14-2016, 01:13 PM   #16

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Reese suggested and provided (almost) flush-to-the-floor table supports in our 19'. Not sure of the brand he used, but they were similar to these: https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...Qwg8IHg&adurl=. When we submit our build sheet for our 5.0 in January, it's likely we won't have any supports for the table top. Will likely have two small flip-up's large enough to hold a beer and small bowl of chips on either side instead. We rarely ever took our table top with us.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:02 PM   #17

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
We are not installing the table on our new U shape dinette build. Having it shipped with the trailer.

We removed the table on our old camper over the past year and just used a small fold up table. It gave us so much more room.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:45 PM   #18

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Will likely have two small flip-up's large enough to hold a beer and small bowl of chips on either side instead.
Looks like you've thought of everything!!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:41 PM   #19

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
Looks like you've thought of everything!!
Thanks, but to be honest, I haven't had an original thought in about 40 years. But I do pay attention when experienced folks post on this Forum
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:43 PM   #20

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA (July 19, 2017)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
My plan is to get U dinette option and as others have chosen. Not have table or hardware installed, but use the table provided by ETI mounted on Lagun pedestal mount.

Table top can be removed from Lagun mount and still used to make bed if needed for company.

I like the option of clean floor and removable mount.

This is link to part one of two Lagun installation videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baca56
There seems to some folks that have the u shaped dinette and are not completely satisfied with the table. We have a 21 on order and have been searching for a different solution for the table. We found the Lagun table system. Any thoughts, Kevin

https://youtu.be/GriVnVrjLYw

Hi Kent- we checked out the Lagun table pedestal and even purchased one thinking we could use it with our 5.0 with a U-shaped dinette (scheduled for Aug. 2017). I just got an email from ETI saying that the rear fiberglass and dinette won't support this type of mount. I sent a reply with an attachment (showing the Lagun table mount) just to make sure we were talking about the same product. It seems like these mounts are made for boats and RVs, so I don't quite get the issue. I would have thought that ETI could make this work with a custom support of some kind built into the back of the dinette.
Anyhow, did you ever order/install the Lagun pedestal mount on your trailer dinette?
Thanks,
John
P.S. here's the quote from the ETI email:
"I have had customers who have asked if they can install the Lagun Pedestal. After speaking with the production manager we have determined this particular pedestal will not work as it puts too much pressure on the rear of the trailer’s fiberglass shell. You risk damaging the dinette and/or the trailer by using one."
LatLongJohn is offline   Reply With Quote