Off-build sheet options - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2017, 07:06 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Off-build sheet options

Hey all
Hoping to get some ideas on options that you have included on the build sheet that are not listed on the standard build sheet. For example toilet water shut off valve, enclosing upper cabinets that are typically open, larger gauge wiring, etc.

Don't want to kick myself for not adding something later. I know some things can be added after the fact, but thinking it would be easier to get done during the initial build. Apologies if this has been covered
Thanks
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:38 PM   #2

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
We got the extended cabinet above the drawer stack above the furnace vent.

Wanted a full wrap on the dinette cushions, but even though it was confirmed in emails, we didn't get it since it wasn't transferred over to the build sheet

Got the toilet shut-off value

Extra cabinet door added to the bed area (on the 21)

Extra light switch next to the standard switch for the outdoor porch light. It turns on the light in the middle of the trailer, which is handy for when you first come in, especially if it's darker out.

Had them leave off the graphics and got a bit of credit for that

As well as for not getting the stock blinds and valences. We added double cell blackout shades that cost far more than our credit was, but has been well worth it (we ordered and installed them ourselves; they won't do that for ya).

Stove top turned but I think the way it's turned is standard now

Not sure if these are on the build sheet or not as I stopped looking at them after ours was finalized and I really don't remember what was an on or off-list option at this point in time.

We also got heat tape installed (on exposed pipes) but Reace said after ours and another one they weren't doing it any longer. Not sure if that's still the case, but probably is. The heated tank pads is probably still offered.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:41 PM   #3

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
PS, have fun figuring it all out! It helps to read a ton of posts to see what all everyone got and keep notes of stuff that interests you. Look at the photos of the build progress of trailers as that might give you some ideas.

And yeah, be prepared to read lots of posts. And be prepared for ETI to tell ya they don't do something or another any longer as they figure it'll slow down their production time too much.

Like that round table that I think Marry (forgive me if I've misremembered) has. Lovely table. But one you have to make yourself now as ETI doesn't.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
There are threads on the subject. Escape, however, will likely be less amenable to doing items off of the list than before. Depends entirely on what you want. Just have to ask.

Extra outlets should not be a problem and can possibly be added on the exterior, also. We added exterior lights. Switches inside.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
PS, have fun figuring it all out! It helps to read a ton of posts to see what all everyone got and keep notes of stuff that interests you. Look at the photos of the build progress of trailers as that might give you some ideas.

And yeah, be prepared to read lots of posts. And be prepared for ETI to tell ya they don't do something or another any longer as they figure it'll slow down their production time too much.

Like that round table that I think Marry (forgive me if I've misremembered) has. Lovely table. But one you have to make yourself now as ETI doesn't.
I've read so much already, and good chance i've learned some of it from your posts. We've added the toilet shut off valve. So far, the only other thing we are requesting is an earlier delivery date. Guess we just have to wait our turn. Thanks for the list.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #6

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Here's another thread on the subject.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...list-4384.html
Just keep in mind it's a few years old and some things have changed.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
There are threads on the subject. Escape, however, will likely be less amenable to doing items off of the list than before. Depends entirely on what you want. Just have to ask.

Extra outlets should not be a problem and can possibly be added on the exterior, also. We added exterior lights. Switches inside.
Can find endless build threads, which are super helpful. Wasn't sure if there was a thread dedicated to off-spec sheet items.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrules View Post
Here's another thread on the subject.
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...list-4384.html
Just keep in mind it's a few years old and some things have changed.
Beauty, thanks, will take a look.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:20 PM   #9

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
We asked ETI to put an amber lens on the outside light on the passenger side (near entry door). No charge. Still plenty of light but not as stark or glaring at night. Some claim it also helps keep bugs away from the entry door at night. We can't say one way or the other yet.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:25 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Amber lenses are available quite a few places for anyone who wants to add that themselves. We think it does help. It is also how we tell our Escape when looking for it at night.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #11

Aha! never thought about the amber light covers, and i really do need all the help i can get to keep the bugs away. If it keeps one mosquito away, then its worth it. lol. The always gravitate to me. Come to thing about it, our last trailer had an amber over the door.
Gonna ask.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:01 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
12v outlets outside above the wheels - great for running 12v inflators. Flush mount cooktop and reversing sink/cooktop - we love this one. Switching microwave cabinet and closet on 21' and adding a buily in mirror to closet door - love it. Add portable solar panel jack tied into roof top pannel solar controller. Cabinet under cooktop built to convection microwave specs.

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:01 PM   #13

Trailer: 2017 19'
just FYI - when we signed off our build sheet in May they no longer offer credit for the "no graphics" option. (We still choose to do so anyway)
caddoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #14

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by caddoster View Post
just FYI - when we signed off our build sheet in May they no longer offer credit for the "no graphics" option. (We still choose to do so anyway)
Ha ha- next there will be a charge to delete!
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:08 PM   #15

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I had the amber porch light cover. If it has any effect on mosquitoes, it would be because it's so dim they can't see the door. I know I couldn't see the lock, or the step. I switched back to white.
If you normally attract mosquitoes, they'll rely on you to lead them to the trailer.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:18 PM   #16
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I had the amber porch light cover. If it has any effect on mosquitoes, it would be because it's so dim they can't see the door. I know I couldn't see the lock, or the step. I switched back to white.
If you normally attract mosquitoes, they'll rely on you to lead them to the trailer.
Haven't noticed any effect on mosquitos, but it does help with moths and other flying critters that are attracted to light.

Now my LED strip under the awning is another matter. Mosquitos seem to cluster on it from miles around unless I change the color to Orange or Red.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2017, 11:20 PM   #17

Trailer: 17b - 2017 model
- change vinyl on underside of cushions to fabric
- delete range hood above the stove
- delete sink in the bathroom
- install toilet paper dispenser at orientation
- add wires for battery monitor (or anything really)
- dual solar panels
- connect wireless backup camera to the vehicle backup lights instead of the running lights
- install customer supplied wheels/tires
- custom table dimensions (you can also add a filler strip which they aren't doing anymore by default)
- custom sized counter extensions
- filler strip cushion for the dinette. You can use the 12" filler strip as a seat and order this extra cushion to have something comfortable to sit on. Similar to a U-shaped dinette, but more configurable.
- install Horst Miracle probes on the black/gray water tanks
- customer provided table base on front dinette
- customer provided table base on rear dinette
- manual awning
- reinforced walls for hanging heavy things [ask for a diagram of what walls they can reinforce]
- vents on the cabinets to reduce condensation
- delete graphics
- install Umbra mini-hooks (or other hanging hardware) at orientation -> they allowed me to put Organized Obie mesh pockets on my build sheet
- customer supplied battery cutoff switch (BEP makes some good marine ones)
- upgrade the 12 volt outlet wires to AWG 10
- bumper mounted reversing lights [I don't know if they still do this]. They're too bright to be legal anyways, so you'd need to put them on a switch for "off road" locations
- custom cushions sizes [you can add more gap around the cushions, but I think they're great the way they are]
- change belly band to white
- customer provided blinds
- delete the rock guard window [perhaps other windows as well]
- customer supplied scissor jacks [I'm guessing this one might be ok]
- It might be possible to have ETI add a customer supplied electrical wall heater
- delete the electrical fan in the bathroom
- customer supplied shower head [some people like the Body Spa Oxygenics shower head. I don't like it because I think it's too big for me]
- toilet shutoff valve
- soft start for the air conditioner [for using with 2000 watt generators]
- amber exterior lights
- enclose the front storage shelf to have a front storage cabinet with doors (on the 17b)
- full height closet instead of the wardrobe (on the 17b)
- customer supplied range, stove, or oven
- turn stove 90 degrees
- customer supplied sink and/or faucet

I don't necessarily endorse any of these. It's just a list I made.
paulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:58 AM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Delete wardrobe and extend front dinette seat (17B only)
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:42 AM   #19

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
Two options I wish I had. Black out shades. Demand hot water heater.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:00 AM   #20

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by yardsale View Post
Two options I wish I had. Black out shades. Demand hot water heater.
Neither of these are offered options, I think the question was referring to those options than can be installed?
To me, the most useful option and one of the cheapest is the "E-Z- Winterizing" option. You can wintertime your Escape single handedly in about 5 minutes an use the same set up to utilize the toilet after winterizing in extreme cold. Because of the ease of use you will be tempted to winterize several times and use your trailer more in the off seasons.