Options that are not on the list - Page 16 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-19-2016, 10:37 PM   #151
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
If I was that close to ETI I'd have a favorite lunch place for some poutine and go up at least once a month for lunch and eye candy, plus Tim's famous coffee and sweets.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:55 PM   #152
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm happy with the sink I have. Not the typical bar sink, but one I purchased at Lowes and had ETI put in for me. It's not an undermount (dang), but bigger than the standard sink. Since Ten Forward was being built for me and my coffee cup is much bigger than most... this works for me

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:01 PM   #153

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
If I was that close to ETI I'd have a favorite lunch place for some poutine and go up at least once a month for lunch and eye candy, plus Tim's famous coffee and sweets.
Yeah, but I can't have gluten, garlic, onions, honey, HFCS and a huge wad of other stuff, so I usually pack my own. I know, bummer, huh? But, it's better than getting sick all the time. But I know what you mean.

AND if/when I go across again and state why I'm going up for the day, I'm not telling 'em "we're getting a trailer" and not have my husband with me when I make that statement. Both directions they wanted to know where he was and why he wasn't with me. So stupid. Um, he's at work earning the money to pay for the fricking thing. Jeez.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:18 PM   #154

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I have installed undermount sinks in laminate counterparts a couple times before. Around the sink opening, I replaced the substrate with a band of about 3" of Corian. The routered out the hose as you normally do, and then undermount the sink. You do need to use Corian that works colourwise with the laminate.

I bought an undermount sink for my 5.0, but plan on surface mounting it. The thin 1" flange should closely match the flange on the drop-in Dickinson stove, and look great. That is today's plan anyway, and both the sink and stove are my (or Escapes) hands.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 02:48 AM   #155

Trailer: 2015 Artic Fox 29-5T Fifthwheel
Thanks Jim!
Rosalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:22 PM   #156

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Heat Strip on a/c

Hey, I just found out about this option earlier in the week and had it added to our build sheet for the 2017 21' trailer. It'll cost an additional $125.

Someone mentioned it to me in an email, so I inquired about it. I was told it enables you to use your a/c as a heater instead of your furnace. They had one on their Casita and really liked it. So, if you're hooked up to shore power, why not save on the propane for the furnace?

Heck if I know what it looks like, where it goes or anything like that. It just sounded like a good idea and ETI must be used to doing it as they didn't question me about it at all.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:30 PM   #157
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Hey, I just found out about this option earlier in the week and had it added to our build sheet for the 2017 21' trailer. It'll cost an additional $125.

Someone mentioned it to me in an email, so I inquired about it. I was told it enables you to use your a/c as a heater instead of your furnace. They had one on their Casita and really liked it. So, if you're hooked up to shore power, why not save on the propane for the furnace?

Heck if I know what it looks like, where it goes or anything like that. It just sounded like a good idea and ETI must be used to doing it as they didn't question me about it at all.
It's internal to the A/C inner shroud. Had one on my Casita. I thought it was too noisy as it uses the A/C fan to move air. Much prefer the small ceramic countertop heater instead.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:16 PM   #158
Site Team

Yes, the little electric heater installed under the bed will do the same and a lot more quiet.http://smile.amazon.com/Broan-174-15...ric+wall+hater
Old 04-01-2016, 06:24 PM   #159

Trailer: 21 on Feb 28, 2017 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, the little electric heater installed under the bed will do the same and a lot more quiet.http://smile.amazon.com/Broan-174-15...ric+wall+hater
Jim,

Did you install that one yourself in your old 21? I believe Skiman had that same heater in his 21.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:27 PM   #160
Site Team

Yes, Skiman copied mine....