Options that are not on the list - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-19-2016, 09:00 AM   #141

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
My secret option list is now up to 24 items, but it may change after next week.
Hi: cpaharley2008... I wouldn't bet the farm on it!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:36 AM   #142

Trailer: 2016 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
Hi Jim, do you have any pictures of your flush mount sink and stove? I would really be interested in having more counter use.
Thanks,
Ros
Hi,

Just an FYI.....on the flush mount sink, as of 2 months ago ETI would not install, as part of the build, one of these for you, at least in the 21. Not sure why, but that was the official word.

Thanks.
Bill_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:33 PM   #143

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
My secret option list is now up to 24 items, but it may change after next week.

Jim once you finalize your build sheet (after the forthcoming big reveal, of course) would you be willing to post it here ?

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #144

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
Jim once you finalize your build sheet (after the forthcoming big reveal, of course) would you be willing to post it here ?

Yes, of course I will...
Old 03-19-2016, 07:00 PM   #145

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Hopefully it will be in its own thread.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:26 PM   #146

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Build sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra L View Post
Hopefully it will be in its own thread.
Check that, Hopefully it will be its own hawser.
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:32 PM   #147

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_75 View Post
Hi,

Just an FYI.....on the flush mount sink, as of 2 months ago ETI would not install, as part of the build, one of these for you, at least in the 21. Not sure why, but that was the official word.

Thanks.
Same with an undermount sink (not sure if that's the same as a flush mounted sink). I would have preferred that, but was told "nope" (or words to that effect).
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:56 PM   #148
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Same with an undermount sink (not sure if that's the same as a flush mounted sink). I would have preferred that, but was told "nope" (or words to that effect).
Yep, under mount sinks require a solid surface.. think granite or "Corian." Doesn't work with Formica (which has seams around the bowl and possible leakers, etc.)

I asked too. But, doesn't prevent you from making the MOD. Wanna go first?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:15 PM   #149

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yep, under mount sinks require a solid surface.. think granite or "Corian." Doesn't work with Formica (which has seams around the bowl and possible leakers, etc.)

There is actually now a reliable method that works for under mounted sinks on laminate - the sink is bonded directly to the laminate itself and then also mechanically reinforced with wood on the under edges. It takes a special sink that has edges that will bond correctly. We got it with our new countertops. But, our installer said it had to be done at the place he got his laminate orders from, so I am assuming that it takes some specialized equipment to do it, not something that ETI would want to deal with.

http://www.formica.com/en/us/homeown...dermount-sinks

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:31 PM   #150

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoer View Post
There is actually now a reliable method that works for under mounted sinks on laminate - the sink is bonded directly to the laminate itself and then also mechanically reinforced with wood on the under edges. It takes a special sink that has edges that will bond correctly. We got it with our new countertops. But, our installer said it had to be done at the place he got his laminate orders from, so I am assuming that it takes some specialized equipment to do it, not something that ETI would want to deal with.
Donna, I'll let you go first! I found another sink that I liked even better than the undermount I first asked about. I'm in love with it - least how it looks on a website and a larger one that I saw in person at Pioneer.

I'm thinking of sneaking across the border (with my passport in hand, of course) when a certain 5.0TA get delivered to someone from Maine, as he's getting the same sink I am. But, I know where he got the idea from! I really wanna see how it looks in the trailer and since they're getting the same countertop (reached independently on that decision) .....

Ours is much farther down the queue, so darn it - he'd better give me a good report on it and send me photos! It's already at Pioneer so I can't change my mind.

December (or September, fingers crossed) won't be here SOON ENOUGH!!!!

OMG, I just realized I could take another factory tour and maybe see his trailer towards the end of the production phase and then I can see the sink in place. OMG!
Old 03-19-2016, 09:37 PM   #151

If I was that close to ETI I'd have a favorite lunch place for some poutine and go up at least once a month for lunch and eye candy, plus Tim's famous coffee and sweets.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:55 PM   #152
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm happy with the sink I have. Not the typical bar sink, but one I purchased at Lowes and had ETI put in for me. It's not an undermount (dang), but bigger than the standard sink. Since Ten Forward was being built for me and my coffee cup is much bigger than most... this works for me
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:01 PM   #153

Quote:
If I was that close to ETI I'd have a favorite lunch place for some poutine and go up at least once a month for lunch and eye candy, plus Tim's famous coffee and sweets.
Yeah, but I can't have gluten, garlic, onions, honey, HFCS and a huge wad of other stuff, so I usually pack my own. I know, bummer, huh? But, it's better than getting sick all the time. But I know what you mean.

AND if/when I go across again and state why I'm going up for the day, I'm not telling 'em "we're getting a trailer" and not have my husband with me when I make that statement. Both directions they wanted to know where he was and why he wasn't with me. So stupid. Um, he's at work earning the money to pay for the fricking thing. Jeez.
Old 03-19-2016, 10:18 PM   #154

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I have installed undermount sinks in laminate counterparts a couple times before. Around the sink opening, I replaced the substrate with a band of about 3" of Corian. The routered out the hose as you normally do, and then undermount the sink. You do need to use Corian that works colourwise with the laminate.

I bought an undermount sink for my 5.0, but plan on surface mounting it. The thin 1" flange should closely match the flange on the drop-in Dickinson stove, and look great. That is today's plan anyway, and both the sink and stove are my (or Escapes) hands.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 01:48 AM   #155

Trailer: 2015 Artic Fox 29-5T Fifthwheel
Thanks Jim!
Rosalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 04:22 PM   #156

Heat Strip on a/c

Hey, I just found out about this option earlier in the week and had it added to our build sheet for the 2017 21' trailer. It'll cost an additional $125.

Someone mentioned it to me in an email, so I inquired about it. I was told it enables you to use your a/c as a heater instead of your furnace. They had one on their Casita and really liked it. So, if you're hooked up to shore power, why not save on the propane for the furnace?

Heck if I know what it looks like, where it goes or anything like that. It just sounded like a good idea and ETI must be used to doing it as they didn't question me about it at all.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:30 PM   #157
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Hey, I just found out about this option earlier in the week and had it added to our build sheet for the 2017 21' trailer. It'll cost an additional $125.

Someone mentioned it to me in an email, so I inquired about it. I was told it enables you to use your a/c as a heater instead of your furnace. They had one on their Casita and really liked it. So, if you're hooked up to shore power, why not save on the propane for the furnace?

Heck if I know what it looks like, where it goes or anything like that. It just sounded like a good idea and ETI must be used to doing it as they didn't question me about it at all.
It's internal to the A/C inner shroud. Had one on my Casita. I thought it was too noisy as it uses the A/C fan to move air. Much prefer the small ceramic countertop heater instead.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:16 PM   #158

Yes, the little electric heater installed under the bed will do the same and a lot more quiet.http://smile.amazon.com/Broan-174-15...ric+wall+hater
Old 04-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #159

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Yes, the little electric heater installed under the bed will do the same and a lot more quiet.http://smile.amazon.com/Broan-174-15...ric+wall+hater
Jim,

Did you install that one yourself in your old 21? I believe Skiman had that same heater in his 21.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:27 PM   #160

Yes, Skiman copied mine....