Ordered but don't need - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2015, 01:41 AM   #51

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21 - Audi Q7
As to the screen room — I could see the advantages but was not sure it would really be useful to us. Reace said it would be no trouble to add it later if we wanted it. We'll pick up our 21 in a week or so and will see how it goes. We're looking forward to the adventure.

Old 03-21-2015, 04:03 AM   #52

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Is it difficult to add an outside shower to a 17b after market anyone added one later? Is it expensive? I think it would come in handy to wash off the dogs

Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:09 AM   #53

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
Is it difficult to add an outside shower to a 17b after market anyone added one later? Is it expensive? I think it would come in handy to wash off the dogs
If you can access the hot and cold water lines, are abe to do simple plumbing or know someone who can, and are willing to cut a hole in the side of your trailer, then it can be done. Because of access to water lines, you may not be able to install it exactly where you want it.
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 07:14 AM   #54

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
You would think the shower would be better on the door side but then if you think about getting a lot of water on that side, maybe not a good idea.
You get more water on the door side when it rains than when you use the outdoor shower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Yes, that might work. We asked about adding a shower at an RV place and they said they thought the structure would not be sufficient without reinforcement. We never asked ETI.
The outside shower casing becomes part of the structure. This sounds like an excuse to me, probably because they didn't want to do the job would be my guess.
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:09 AM   #55
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Adding the curb side shower set up would be relatively easy with both the 19 and 21 foot models as the sink is right there next to the door and the hoses are easily available. Great for washing outside.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:29 AM   #56
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
We use a "Y" fitting at the post (when hooked up) with a 10 ft hose for dog washing at the rear of the trailer instead of a puddle on the door side. Had an outside shower on a Casita and rarely used it, so less winterizing needed now.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:31 AM   #57

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
Quote:
I'd make a day trip to Chillawack from Olympia & let Reace do it....
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:06 PM   #58

Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
We didn't install a stereo and don't miss it (with the iPod + mini-speakers and a good portable radio, we're set). We had a satellite TV antenna added rather than a Jack antenna/TV-ready option and regret it. The satellite added extra weight (reinforced roof) and it's useless if you're anywhere even close to a tree. (Most improved RV campgrounds have cable TV which we can't utilize because we didn't get the TV-Ready option.) Other options we're glad we have: outdoor shower (dogs), awning (bugs), front storage box, larger refrigerator, and solar (a big yes on that one). We did add the bike rack but that's more of a resale thing.
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:51 PM   #59

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
The whole fitting is $43 at Camping World. Hook up with pex tube is easy and because the tube is flexible it can run under the trailer and up to a suitable location. Or out though the side wall if you interior piping is there.

Should be well within the range of a home DIY'er.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:25 PM   #60

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21 (May 25, 2016)
Regarding "TV ready" - isn't this just running some TV cable so that you can hook up to a campgrounds cable? If so, why couldn't you (if you weren't "TV ready") simply take a length of cable with you and run it through the window. It wouldn't be as neat and pretty, but if that's all it is it would work and then plug your TV into an electrical outlet and you're set... or am I completely missing something?

JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote