Ordered but don't need - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-20-2015, 08:34 AM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
I just got my 19 home, so it's a bit early for me.

I passed on the alloy wheels because the cost of options was spiraling out of control and something had to give. I can add them later if I choose.

I view the outdoor shower as a dog wash. I may use it myself at some point; but my Newf has never seen anything disgusting that she didn't want to roll in.

I'm 100% sure that I have twice as many lights and 12v outlets as I need. It was hard to predict how we are going to use them and it seemed better to go overboard.

I deleted stereo and TV. We weren't sure what we wanted or where we wanted it. I had a couple of walls reinforced to accommodate whatever we decide.
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:24 PM   #42

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA, 2014- RAM HEMI 8 spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
As long as people are commenting on options, what about aluminum wheels? Why would I need them? Or, why would I want them?
I bought the aluminum rims for one reason only, they look better in my opinion. My purchase of the 5.0 TA was a one time only, so I decided not to cut myself short on things I might enjoy or only use occasionally...we only live once!
Scuba55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:55 PM   #43

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Scuba55, we must have been born in the same moon.....or something like that. Yes, this is a one time deal for us too. So far, we are gorging ourselves on the options - sheet is due June 1. All of the insights on the Forum have been enlightening and helpful. Some options I will delete, keep most, and add a couple others. I like the 'rust' argument. I am sure I can justify the aluminum wheels with that excuse! Thanks.
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:09 PM   #44

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Out of curiosity are anyone's white rims rusting? They did on my old Starcraft but the ones used by ETI look to be better quality. They were showing rust in their 3rd year.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:18 PM   #45
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Out of curiosity are anyone's white rims rusting? They did on my old Starcraft but the ones used by ETI look to be better quality. They were showing rust in their 3rd year.
Mine aren't rusting. But Ten Forward is only 8 months old. I do keep them waxed. Easy enough to do. Using the chamois on all the chrome bling on my tug is tougher.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #46

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
We use the external shower as much as we can....just wish it we on the door side (would Reace do that?) Gone back& forth on the Quick Connect and for $150 its all good. We do carry a different hose for when we want to put a tank on the picnic table to run the Campchef oven.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #47

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
We use the external shower as much as we can....just wish it we on the door side (would Reace do that?) Gone back& forth on the Quick Connect and for $150 its all good. We do carry a different hose for when we want to put a tank on the picnic table to run the Campchef oven.
You would think the shower would be better on the door side but then if you think about getting a lot of water on that side, maybe not a good idea.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #48

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Am thinking of the passenger rear side near the battery compartment on the 21. One would have more privacy in most situations.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:30 PM   #49

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Yes, that might work. We asked about adding a shower at an RV place and they said they thought the structure would not be sufficient without reinforcement. We never asked ETI.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:38 PM   #50

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
We had Escape put the shower on the passenger side. They had no issues doing this. We use it for dish washing more than anything else. I would reconsider and likely put it on the driver side if we wanted to use it for showering.

2013 Escape 19 ("The Dog House") , 2018 Ford F150
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:41 AM   #51

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21 - Audi Q7
As to the screen room — I could see the advantages but was not sure it would really be useful to us. Reace said it would be no trouble to add it later if we wanted it. We'll pick up our 21 in a week or so and will see how it goes. We're looking forward to the adventure.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:03 AM   #52

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Is it difficult to add an outside shower to a 17b after market anyone added one later? Is it expensive? I think it would come in handy to wash off the dogs
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:09 AM   #53

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
Is it difficult to add an outside shower to a 17b after market anyone added one later? Is it expensive? I think it would come in handy to wash off the dogs
If you can access the hot and cold water lines, are abe to do simple plumbing or know someone who can, and are willing to cut a hole in the side of your trailer, then it can be done. Because of access to water lines, you may not be able to install it exactly where you want it.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:14 AM   #54

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
You would think the shower would be better on the door side but then if you think about getting a lot of water on that side, maybe not a good idea.
You get more water on the door side when it rains than when you use the outdoor shower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Yes, that might work. We asked about adding a shower at an RV place and they said they thought the structure would not be sufficient without reinforcement. We never asked ETI.
The outside shower casing becomes part of the structure. This sounds like an excuse to me, probably because they didn't want to do the job would be my guess.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:09 AM   #55

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Adding the curb side shower set up would be relatively easy with both the 19 and 21 foot models as the sink is right there next to the door and the hoses are easily available. Great for washing outside.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:29 AM   #56
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
We use a "Y" fitting at the post (when hooked up) with a 10 ft hose for dog washing at the rear of the trailer instead of a puddle on the door side. Had an outside shower on a Casita and rarely used it, so less winterizing needed now.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:31 AM   #57

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
Quote:
I'd make a day trip to Chillawack from Olympia & let Reace do it....
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #58

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We didn't install a stereo and don't miss it (with the iPod + mini-speakers and a good portable radio, we're set). We had a satellite TV antenna added rather than a Jack antenna/TV-ready option and regret it. The satellite added extra weight (reinforced roof) and it's useless if you're anywhere even close to a tree. (Most improved RV campgrounds have cable TV which we can't utilize because we didn't get the TV-Ready option.) Other options we're glad we have: outdoor shower (dogs), awning (bugs), front storage box, larger refrigerator, and solar (a big yes on that one). We did add the bike rack but that's more of a resale thing.
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:51 AM   #59

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
The whole fitting is $43 at Camping World. Hook up with pex tube is easy and because the tube is flexible it can run under the trailer and up to a suitable location. Or out though the side wall if you interior piping is there.

Should be well within the range of a home DIY'er.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:25 PM   #60

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21
Regarding "TV ready" - isn't this just running some TV cable so that you can hook up to a campgrounds cable? If so, why couldn't you (if you weren't "TV ready") simply take a length of cable with you and run it through the window. It wouldn't be as neat and pretty, but if that's all it is it would work and then plug your TV into an electrical outlet and you're set... or am I completely missing something?
JaneM. is offline   Reply With Quote