Our 21' Escape Trailer purchase issues - Page 17 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2019, 03:03 PM   #321

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
It's an engaging, interesting, popular, wide ranging, fun thread. When members tire of that it will find it's own proper resting place without any help from a moderator. Never stop having fun.
Old 07-26-2019, 04:36 PM   #322

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 ta
Sorry you found your experience disappointing. Please do not get discouraged. Our Escape was our 4th trailer, & our journey home was not without challenges. Some were our fault, and really dumb when we realized what we were doing wrong. Others were annoying glitches that thankfully were easily fixed with phone calls to ETI. Be easy on yourself, maintain your sense of humor. There is a learning curve, and we have deviated from the curve many times. Best scenario: problems will be resolved & you will love your Escape as much as we love ours. Optional scenario: you will decide this is not for you, and you can sell the Escape & recoup your money. Best of luck and hope to see you on the road.
EllieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:07 PM   #323

Trailer: Escape 2019 21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4zvu View Post
Took delivery on our 21' in June; during the orientation, expected Reece or the Carl (new manger) to say "hello" but didn't even see them...Someone at higher management should greet and personally thank customers for their business; Simple business ethics.
The only person I had contact with in person was the Escape contract delivery man in Sumas with my 21'. This was the 2nd. Escape that I had ever seen. The purchase was made by research and reputation. After a 10 min. inspection and hookup in very bad Jan. weather, he shook my hand and paw of my travel buddy and wished us safe travel. All other communication with the company was done by phone very professionally. A couple of issues later were solved by phone immediately. When you find a better camper built by a better company at a better price point let us know. I will buy one and they won't have to thank me.
vmomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:48 PM   #324

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Wow, we feel special after reading this. Reace, personally did our orientation. I think mostly because we were picking up Thanksgiving week and they didn't have coverage so he got called into service.
Or maybe we can speculate that our trailer was a special edition and took priority. (This could cause 5 more pages of conspiracy theories)
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:51 PM   #325

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Wow, we feel special after reading this. Reace, personally did our orientation. I think mostly because we were picking up Thanksgiving week and they didn't have coverage so he got called into service.
Or maybe we can speculate that our trailer was a special edition and took priority. (This could cause 5 more pages of conspiracy theories)
It could be that many reported that you just might need the extra help.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 07:22 PM   #326
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I've only purchased one ETI built trailer. But I bet I've know Reace and Tammy longer than 99% of the people on this forum. I've CAMPED with them and was part of the FiberglassRV thread where Reace asked "what would you want?" Back in the very early days of ETI. Yes, when I picked up Ten Forward Tammy met me in the parking lot (and told me to quit crying), but my orientation and delivery wasn't done by either Reace OR Tammy. Laudy... expectations much?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 03:31 PM   #327
LJY

Trailer: 2017 Escape
I have a '17 Escape 21 for sale for those who wants to avoid any potential new issues.

The major issue we had when buying new was that the Andersen weight-distribution hitch was not set up at proper height by them when we picked up... but Reace personally helped me redo the receiver height at the rally.
LJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:09 PM   #328

Trailer: ready to purchase
do you know which marine switch you used to replace the battery toggle switch? Unfortunately I had a suitcase mash into mine and the switch is no longer working.
messengerphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:28 PM   #329

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Check out Blue Sea mini marine switches. Strong and would be very hard to damage or be turned off or on accidentally.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, escape 21, issues, problems, purchase