Our 21' Escape Trailer purchase issues - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #1

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer
Exclamation Our 21' Escape Trailer purchase issues

This is my experience purchasing my Escape Trailer.

Upon my retirement I started searching for a travel trailer. I found Escape on the internet saw the pictures but knew no one who owned an Escape so we could see it in person. I sold my wife on the idea so I started reading the escape forum, and learned about the trailer.

At this point I start talking to the wife about my intent of purchasing an Escape although there were none to show her in person. The fact of sending all the money for a trailer you don’t have in possession, or a company I knew little about its a little nerve wracking. Upon deciding on the Escape I started the process of the purchase.

My first dealing with Linda at Escape was nice. Linda is business polite (If that’s a term) like everyone else had been during my dealing with Escape. The initial paperwork contract etc was all done online through the internet but it was official. I also noted that most of the contract was to protect Escapes interest in the deal. So I sent my deposit.

Several weeks later the Canadian dollar went down to its lowest in quite some time. I wanted to take advantage of this huge opportunity the problem was escape trailers were on vacation. I cannot believe a company that knows that most payments are wire payments, and a lot of people watch the dollar value before making a move someone should have been in work given the situation. I sent numerous emails that I wanted to pay but heard nothing. When escape came back to work I called accounting and spoke to them about the situation they told me they did not get the email. Really. Its funny because then she says I am going to send some test emails and I GOT EVERY ONE….plus I never had any problem conversing with Linda via email.

I sent in almost all of the payment so the trailer was paid all but 300.00. I then received the bill of sale indicating the trailer was paid all but 300.00.

Next was the planning stage having never seen an Escape trailer or camped in more than 25 years we really did not know where to start. The forum helped a lot but some people are much friendlier with the Escape people so sometimes the truth on topics really don’t come out because of this friendship and some of these people post a lot. So at first I believed a lot but now I know these players I tend to not read their posts.

Linda our salesperson was not as helpful for somebody like us. She offered no suggestions but did answer our questions, but the problem was the customization that Escape is known for she was not sure on a lot of things and had to go and ask.

One in point was a super holiday deal I lost out on the RV65 WeBoost connect. I wanted to purchase this the first day of the sale so I emailed Linda with the info and the point was to have escape put a coax connection outside the trailer. By the time she got back to me the sale was over so I lost out on the savings and yes escape put the coax connection on (although I have not used it to test it).

During this time I had minimal contact with her since our sale was easy we did not need to be sold on the trailer just need help on putting the deal together. After our planned trailer was about to be built Linda calls me about the trailer issues that were addresses and decided on but somehow Linda was unclear on our final decisions which in my mind made me think if there is going to be an issue.

So as the time approaches we are preparing for what was a 7000 mile trip to BC from Massachusetts. We spoke to Linda about the trip and whether we stay in Canada or the US after the purchase. She stated that some do and others don’t so we decided to stay on the US side since I am allowed to carry a firearm in the US.

At the same time I am in contacts with my Lawyer while he is planning a trust for our estate. I send him the bill of sale from escape with all the trailers info and then a week or so I got to the insurance company with the escape paperwork to get the trailer insured and registered.

The day before I go to the registry I see that the bill of sale provided by escape has a 300.00 balance I know I can’t go to our registry with a bill of sale owing a balance so I call escape and pay the actual 50.00 balance and escape sends me out another bill of sale showing a paid zero balance.

I then take the documents wait two hours at our registry when I get to the window she takes the documents and determines that the VIN numbers on the bill of sales and all my prepared and signed documents are wrong. This turned into a three and a half hour ordeal because of Escapes mistake not to mention the lawyer for my estate planning had to redo his documents not sure what this costed me since all I got was one final bill from him The insurance had to cancel and open a new policy on the trailer.

A short time goes by still have not gotten any phone calls from escape but I do get an apology email from Karl Kenny which was short and sweet and ended with Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make amends. What do you say to this?

The big day comes and we leave Massachusetts with my brand new GMC Sierra 1500 Denali what a truck, and ride (it should it costed enough) heading to Chilliwack, BC 1500 miles into this trip I get a call from accounting while we are on the road she says this is escape trailers calling has anyone contact you about the vin number to your trailer. In my mind I am going WTF is wrong now and my voice might have shown it. In the end she offered me a free hotel night in BC the night before my orientation. Why she would ever start the conversation I don’t know. Well at this same time while talking to her there was an accident and detour that I needed to pay attention to so I told her that and I may of said I will call you tomorrow.

Well sorry anyone who has driven this type of distance understands but I forgot to call her the next day I was driving but she never tried to call us again. So thinking that she may of rented us this room I call escape to find that she had taken the day off and one person new about the room situation but just told me she was not in today so in the end I felt funny that I had just called escape begging for a room.

OK so after all the planning it was the day we drive cross the boarder and arrive in Escapes lot Massachusetts plates and all. No friendly workers to be found here we saw many employees going into work but no waves or friendliness shown. They know why we’re here. They look at us they look at the plate we look like we drove a long way. We go inside in awe of our first viewing of an Escape trailer as well as ours. The wife’s pretty surprised (remember this was my idea not hers) so she was filled with doubt and anticipation.

Everyone we met was business polite we see Linda for a short time, and then we go through the orientation process our hitch installed by Trevor at some point we went into their showroom area killing time. Since we watched the videos we now see the owner of the company Reece out on the showroom floor my wife says he’s the man in the videos. I said yes he probably will come and say hi. In my mind figuring we had just spent $49,900.00 CAD on his trailer. Well I walked by him several times no so much as a head nod pretty disappointing. I have purchased cars from less desirable salesman and they come and shake your hand and Thank you for the purchase. This is supposed to be some family type business not seeing it.

The gentleman Trevor was a real nice guy he installed our hitch. He is a credit to they’re business because out of our whole time there he was the nicest.

After four hours there we are explaining to the woman at the desk were we were from and our trip back camping, boon docking, etc we leave I say this because we were using the trailer we were not going directly home we were first time campers made it known to anyone there who cared to listen.

We pick up the trailer everything is gone over one thing is there is no propane in the tanks and no one tells us. OK my fault when your building this trailer there is an option for toilet paper, sewer slinky etc. I ordered this at first but then through the use of the forums I found better products and eventually go for them. In the end I found I did not need Escapes kit they offer so I declined it.

The fact is someone should have reminded us there is no propane included since I opted out of the kit. Really no propane warning, new campers, staff knows we are camping as soon as we drive away. If asked we would have paid any price to have the propane tanks filled. I signed so many documents why not a no propane warning. Sorry I bought many cars always came with gas.

So now we get to our first escape camping experience sleeping with wife middle of night it’s cold we go to turn heat on no heat won’t come on. Great start to my retirement and the wife first impression. Morning comes and we use kitchen sink numerous times. At some point we open cabinet and find water in bottom of cabinet sink plumbing leaking. The wife is so very happy to clean up the water.

I am now tasked to make my first call to escape. Only being in Washington escape sent Dustin over. Dustin is a polite guy he gave us a time and came to our site. The issue was no sightseeing day in campground waiting for service as well the start of talks/disagreements about the purchase. Dustin determined our issue no propane as well as fixed the plumbing.

OK the first is no propane 97% my fault but really a big 3% is Escapes. As for the plumbing I watched but did not study what he did but he completely removed the plumbing pipe showed me glue or something in the pipe he did more than I would be willing to do on a brand new trailer. As for Dustin I was extremely embarrassed over the no propane issue and it leaves me feeling like he thinks you’re an idiot (just my thought).

Since I am a new camper we made a lot of purchases to which all were packed in the truck as well as removed to the hotel in preparation for boarder crossing. There was a cooler packed but necessities that the trailer had were not being duplicated on this journey. Camper new like me learned about shopping as soon as you find a good store cause it might be the best or last one in the area.

We stock up at the store load the fridge all in good working order and on propane as we now move towards Montana. While on this route while camping we found that over night the fridge stopped working and the food was cool. No lights on the display boards wife not happy but I don’t gamble perishables like meat, cold cuts thrown away. Ok neglected to tell you this is the crowded 4th July week/end had the weekend to rehash with the wife this issue great fun.

Unfortunately I felt bad for Escape’s Dustin because I save his number (He may have told me too) I called him and he knew I was extremely unhappy. He did not know why the fridge had no power ran me through some troubleshooting but nothing worked Dustin had asked me if I had tried that toggle switch under the table which I was well aware of and what it does. I told him what position the switch was in which it was in the correct position so we did not troubleshoot the switch. Dustin then said he would get back to me again waiting around the trailer no sightseeing or travel. At some point Dustin did not know the cause and said for me to call Dometic that night I was trying to do some trouble shooting and toggled the shut off to the battery one simple click the first time it breaks and does not switch. I was outraged this switch is not damaged in any way and I welcome escape to look at it if they don’t believe me. BUT in my opinion that is the dumbest idea and the only one that I can see to have that type of switch installed where it is. The worst is the quality of the switch CHEAP. During our trip I call Dustin to set up service we loose the call through the mountains never hear from Dustin again. I say this cause I called him.

OK with this broken switch in the off position great guess what no solar, no boon docking, no stays in Walmart parking lots the rest of our trip had to be at sites with power.

The call to Dometic consisted of a LONG wait before an older woman answered. Oh and guess what the woman was totally unhelpful. New campers beware when you have this problem in the middle of no where like us Dometic did nothing to help us find a location for service.

OK sometimes your lucky and you meet some nice people the campground had a repairman that would come to the campground ( new campers beware this is the only guy in miles, and he cared to get us up and running the bad was he is busy and it was when he was free another great day in discussions. New campers beware what I am finding that NEVER in my life have I had this much time for discussion and doing nothing I am not complaining but I would have preferred a different escape discussion. So the repairman arrives as well as other campers all looking at the big repair van at my sight funny thing I had one if not the newest trailers gave us great feeling on our new purchase.

The repair a fused link also told about a reset button in the back that Escape for what ever reason never told us but the repair person said that clears issues he has been seeing. OK our issues were that the fused link in the back of the fridge had blown. It took him all of thirty seconds to fix. When I asked him about the switch I saw him lift the bench but he must of looked at the box next to it and says its a special switch he did not have one I never looked at the switch but funny thing when this happened I found a $4.00 switch at Walmart that I bought just in case. He was a good guy paid him his $80.00 fee he told us when we asked this happens a lot, and unknown what causes it He said it could happen again.

Great more discussions since now its fourth of July weekend. We are trying to get back to some quality time together in doing so go back to the store restock fridge working on ac power. We leave the next day for some sightseeing gone all day into evening return fridge not working oh happy times.

Well no use calling escape because its Friday this makes for excellent weekend camping discussions.

Someone must be wondering but NO nothing from the Escape office. No calls. No corespondence at all as of the writing of this it has been 23 days since my purchase. I kept Dustin in the loop and hoped he would let the people at Escape know which he said he would.

In the end the fridge is a bearly used 23 day old fridge that has now blown fuses twice what should I expect a replacement or let them fix it so it can blow again where is escape helping me with this.

As for the toggle switch I have now looked at it and see that it is pretty close to the same 3.00 switch I bought from Walmart. Pretty sad if it’s the same.

Let me add to this during one of my long days of discussion with the wife I wanted to call my salesperson Linda I really wanted her to know the joy of our new purchase. She was not in so I was going to the voicemail so I instead asked for the person who initially answered the call to listen to my controlled polite unhappiness. I told her everything in this letter and her response was to laugh. I kid you not. I then said do you think this is funny and of course she said no, but a laugh. Really.

Well in the end brand new trailer will have to find a repair shop. Its funny for my truck I would go to a GMC guy. Its not a great feeling when the repair guy says he has never heard of an escape.

Thanks Escape for the service above I hope it meets your standards. Thanks for the enjoyable retirement trip.

Please this does not need to be critiqued this is my account of what has happened. I have no reason to lie and the only reason I am posting this is for awareness. I did not do well in grammar its obvious so critique all you want.
cdmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Seems like there are several issues here, hopefully by now most have been addressed? You were probably were trying to cool on 12v on the refer while towing since you did not have propane? That and failure to have the master switch on can cause a lot of your problems. Did you not have the packet with all the paperwork for operation of the items in the trailer? Has the leak stopped?
Old 07-15-2019, 03:02 PM   #3

No nothing has been addressed that’s the point.

Did not run fridge on 12v propane only or electric

Jim you helped me and I gave escape your name for referral fee

The manual I got them all looked at them two. But having no propane is a cause but when it’s full and you set and make sure it’s set to propane are you inferring its operator error

The master switch ya when it’s broken it does not work. Cheap Poor quality switch

The leak should not have happened basic plumbing and if it’s not stated it’s fixed.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:17 PM   #4

Is it plugged in now at home and operating off 120v? Did the repair person explain why the fuse kept blowing? Was this the reason the refer would not stay while on propane? Have you replaced the master switch or is it set to "on" now?
Old 07-15-2019, 03:34 PM   #5

No Jim we just got home on Friday. We have not used the fridge since. The funny thing is we have numerous people approach but we are not in the mood to show the trailer or explain our feeling on this purchase yet.

After the second time the fuse has blown on the fridge are they just gonna put a new fuse in or replace the whole unit. By the way we were told these fuses are only available for authorized repair persons you the consumer cannot get them. The repair man had no reason why it blew but he said they do, and he has seen an increase in repairs for this situation.

No I have not replaced the switch I know its basic but I want the switch fixed with the fridge I am sorry paid a lot of money, time etc to have to start doing my own repairs. Plus unless told other wise I am planning a better switch for this situation/location.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:53 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
So sorry for your nightmare of your experiences !
When we purchased our Escape we were lucky to have the most professional and informed young lady , Kim . Wherever you are Kim ,thank goodness for you !
Concerning the inferior battery switch , we were never told about it . We discovered switch under the table, in the corner . After 3 weeks our batteries were dying with switch on .
We have since replaced with a sturdy marine switch .
I hope you get some resolutions .
Linda and I both read your whole post and feel so bad . Hoping you get to get out there and
Go camping . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:56 PM   #7

I wonder if the fuse issue is related to the refer trying to operate while the main disconnect switch is off?
Old 07-15-2019, 04:13 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
An excellent write up. It’s disappointing for any Escape owners to learn of your trials, especially on a new trailer. Hopefully you’ll get a satisfactory resolution very soon. We’ve camped with a lot of other Escape owners, especially in rally situations and I would recommend that perhaps you try a rally or two. There’s a wealth of real world camping knowledge, people are not judgemental and are friendly. I do not make excuses for the behavior or others but can guarantee you that the Escape Trailer Owners are a friendly group and once the initial perfect storm clouds clear, there’s a lot of good camping out there. I find that if you’ll share your experiences and your interests you’ll be amazed at the positive parallel universe that’s out there. Hoping to meet you someday, I am,
Iowa Dave
Old 07-15-2019, 04:51 PM   #9

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Thanks for the write up. I agree with Dave in that it's troublesome to hear stories like this. Particularly is this statement

"The forum helped a lot but some people are much friendlier with the Escape people so sometimes the truth on topics really don’t come out because of this friendship and some of these people post a lot. So at first I believed a lot but now I know these players I tend to not read their posts"

There are not a lot of folks who regularly contribute to the forum, if you skip reading someones posts just cause the folks are friendly to each other you'll miss a lot. Ask a question and you should get some answers.

As far a getting the trailer fixed, as you understandably want an RV pro to do the job an Escape to pay for it, all I can suggest is you check around for a mobile tech, preferably one that is a 1 man show.

In dealings I had with attempting to get my fridge fixed, the local mobile RV guy had to contact Dometic and pretty much do exactly what they told him to do in order for the warranty to cover it. Even though I could tell him certain things were not bad he still had to go through all the steps eventually getting the correct fix. I let him do his thing, it did cost me the one time $60 for a mobile home visit, that part was not covered by the warranty.

The local guy I use doesn't go east as far as Weston. Might be able to call Boston Minuteman Campground in Littleton and get a recommendation for a mobile or private repair shop, as opposed to a dealer.

Wishing you the best
Old 07-15-2019, 04:57 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
An excellent write up. It’s disappointing for any Escape owners to learn of your trials, especially on a new trailer. Hopefully you’ll get a satisfactory resolution very soon. We’ve camped with a lot of other Escape owners, especially in rally situations and I would recommend that perhaps you try a rally or two. There’s a wealth of real world camping knowledge, people are not judgemental and are friendly. I do not make excuses for the behavior or others but can guarantee you that the Escape Trailer Owners are a friendly group and once the initial perfect storm clouds clear, there’s a lot of good camping out there. I find that if you’ll share your experiences and your interests you’ll be amazed at the positive parallel universe that’s out there. Hoping to meet you someday, I am,
Iowa Dave
Great look at things, Dave.

The OP makes mention of seeing Reace and it being a small family business. He does need to be aware that a bigger company bought the company many months ago, and it is now run by this Karl fellow.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:23 PM   #11

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
cdmixer,

Whenever I purchase something I cross my fingers that it was made on a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday. Even Escape is not perfect!

Our 5.0 certainly was not perfect. On the maiden voyage we realized:
  • Hitch was installed in the wrong holes (corrected by myself in a foot of snow, in January, at ten degrees)
  • Kitchen faucet would not shut off (Rease told me how to temporarily fix it. Received a new one when home)
  • Sail switch problems (better learn about the sail switch. Dave gave excellent help)
  • Incorrectly made filler cushions (We now have a second set of back cushions)
  • Bad axle ate a tire (Dexter replaced the axle)
  • Entry door would not close properly. (Was an easy fix involving two 2 x 4's)
One of the complaints my starter wife had about me was, "You can laugh at anything!" I've been known for laughing at inappropriate times. Still they shouldn't have laughed, and they picked a poor time to laugh.

After nearly 150 nights on the road this is still the best camper we've ever owned.

Hang in there, and hopefully you'll love your Escape as much as we do!

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 07-15-2019, 05:43 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
John(cdmixer),

Very sad to read your story today. I can’t imagine spending on a big purchase like this and having such a rough start. I kept thinking about “you never get a second chance to make a first impression” and ETI and your trailer has kind of played that out for you.

Only thing I can offer you is that there is a good trailer under there, but I’m not sure if you and your wife can get the issues resolved and then get past the first impression. I hope you can, because there are many good years and memories the trailer can provide you with. If not, the upside is that someone will always buy these for pretty close to what you have in it.

I’m not going to try and diagnose the problems as I think you need these all resolved to your satisfaction under warranty and not be doing any of this yourself. I would interact and learn as much as I can from whomever does the work as warranties eventually expire.

Keep us posted on how this progresses and only wish the best outcome for both of you as you move forward.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 05:50 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmixer View Post
The forum helped a lot but some people are much friendlier with the Escape people so sometimes the truth on topics really don’t come out because of this friendship and some of these people post a lot. So at first I believed a lot but now I know these players I tend to not read their posts.

The reason some people are seemingly more friendly towards each other is because they are that, friends. They've traveled together, gone to rallies together and know each other. And, knowing the person, lets the communication be more personal than the one addressed to an unknown person. I think your comment about the truth crosses the line. Yes, there are some real Escape boosters on the forum but their enthusiasm doesn't include not telling the truth.

Linda our salesperson was not as helpful for somebody like us. She offered no suggestions but did answer our questions,

It's a fine line. She could have made all sorts of suggestions that a prospective owner might have followed. Then in a few months complained that they really don't like the situation and say that it shouldn't have been suggested to them.

so we decided to stay on the US side since I am allowed to carry a firearm in the US.

Since it's not needed in Canada you could have just left it on the US side. Lots do.

OK so after all the planning it was the day we drive cross the boarder and arrive in Escapes lot Massachusetts plates and all. No friendly workers to be found here we saw many employees going into work but no waves or friendliness shown. They know why we’re here. They look at us they look at the plate we look like we drove a long way.

Heck, when I go to the supermarket and employees walk by me I don't get friendly waves. I also don't expect a guy on his way to work in a factory to be a Walmart greeter.

we now see the owner of the company Reece out on the showroom floor my wife says he’s the man in the videos. I said yes he probably will come and say hi. In my mind figuring we had just spent $49,900.00 CAD on his trailer. Well I walked by him several times no so much as a head nod pretty disappointing.

Now I'm really feeling bad. I'm on my second Escape, I've been to the factory many times and the Osoyoos rally twice and I've never talked to Reace.

The fact is someone should have reminded us there is no propane included since I opted out of the kit. Really no propane warning, new campers, staff knows we are camping as soon as we drive away. If asked we would have paid any price to have the propane tanks filled. I signed so many documents why not a no propane warning. Sorry I bought many cars always came with gas.

What can I say. I thought the build sheet was pretty clear that you order the tanks filled or empty. No problem with the first Escape. Ordered empty, didn't expect anyone to be double checking when I hooked up that I understood the tanks were empty. Just ordered my second Escape with empty tanks and don't expect anyone will warn me that the tanks are empty.
Sorry your trip didn't go as planned. Be aware that you have to expect some problems and the more self sufficient you become the less the issue will ruin your day.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:23 PM   #14

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I can fully understand your frustration , and your irritation
Hopefully Escape will get everything straightened out to your satisfaction
As a side note our new Casita also came with empty propane tanks . We discovered the tanks were empty when our refrigerator wouldn’t work on gas . We failed to read the fine print when we placed our order so It’s basically my error
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:46 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Sorry your trip didn't go as planned. Be aware that you have to expect some problems and the more self sufficient you become the less the issue will ruin your day.

Ron
Comparing a visit to Walmart and spending a LOT of money and travelling a long distance to do so is weird.

Sometimes I think ETI does well in spite of themselves. It's still being run like a Mom & Pop who doesn't seem to feel a need to participate in providing "World Class Service" which most very successful companies fully understand just what comprises providing that. It's not one or two things, yet many and most importantly holding everyone accountable to achieve it.

In my cellphone stores we were required to acknowledge customers coming in the door within 10 feet or 10 seconds and we did not charge $40K cad for an iPhone. Ignoring customers is one of the worst things any business can do.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:12 PM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Comparing a visit to Walmart and spending a LOT of money and travelling a long distance to do so is weird.

In my cellphone stores we were required to acknowledge customers coming in the door within 10 feet or 10 seconds and we did not charge $40K cad for an iPhone. Ignoring customers is one of the worst things any business can do.
I think that there's a big difference between employees who are involved with customer contact and those who aren't. If I walked into the showroom and employees there didn't acknowledge my presence I'd think that was poor customer service. I wouldn't expect someone in the parking lot heading to work in the factory to go out of their way to deal with customers.

But, hey, we all have our own expectations.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:26 PM   #17

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
The repair a fused link also told about a reset button in the back that Escape for what ever reason never told us but the repair person said that clears issues he has been seeing. OK our issues were that the fused link in the back of the fridge had blown.
Do you have the external fridge fan? The reason I ask is that if the fan is left on while traveling, the fused link has a high chance of blowing.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:34 PM   #18

Yes I do have the fan I believe there is a switch on the rear of the refridge.

Thanks for all the constructive help

*Post Edited by moderator*

Thank you.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:40 PM   #19

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Had the sink leak issue, it was a 5 minute fix with a couple of wrenches , per tech support. The 12 v frig issue was explained to me and I opted out of the 12v by unhooking it. No propane in the tank would have been addressed with the starter kit which was a good value for what it contained. Any issues I have had have been addressed in a courteous manner by the staff at Escape. Mistakes are made by people, I tend to be tolerant of imperfection. Ill make no comments and or personal attacks on the poster and I understand the frustrations being new to all this, but this forum has been a great source of information and value to an owner. Owners of 100000 Airstreams have issues. Escapes are still a good value for the quality. After two years we still love ours. Take a deep breath and work out the issues and enjoy your camping. If your still that unhappy, I suspect you could sell it for what you have in it quick.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:46 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
Yes I do have the fan I believe there is a switch on the rear of the refridge.
Take the fridge vent cover off, locate the on/off switch for the external fridge fan and turn it off. It is not needed unless you are in temps above 110 deg F and even then, can only be used when the trailer is not moving. If you have the fan on while traveling, the fuse will probably blow. But it sounds like you already found that out.

This is a known issue with the external fan on the 21' and is the reason the switch to turn it off was added by Escape.

Tags
buying, escape 21, issues, problems, purchase