Our Almost Signed Off 5.0TA Build Sheet - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #21

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post
Congratulations Nathan and Tammy on your build sheet! You've done great! Looking forward to seeing your trailer when we are all in New England!
Thanks guys! I can't believe its just a little over 3 months to go! We will definitely need to camp together at least once to do a side by side comparison!

nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 09:44 AM   #22

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGDriver View Post
Satellite receiver shelf and extra coaxial cable and outside jack to connect the dish?

Cheers
Doug
Tell me about the satellite receiver shelf. I'm wrapping up my build too and puzzled where to put it. I was pondering stashing it inside the overhead with my blu-ray. Better idea?

Greg

Old 03-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Hi Greg

Reace built a nice shelf just under the foreword cabinet beside the door. He also ran a coaxial cable from there to the drivers side of the trailer for me to connect my dish to. Will post a photo in a while.

Cheers
Doug
PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Hi Greg

Here is the set up I have.

Here is the outside dish connection the other is for the campground cable which is installed as part of the Jack antenna package.

I later ran a hdmi cable up through the above cabinet and from there connect it to the TV.
Hope this helps.

Cheers

Doug
PGDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 03:23 PM   #25

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Doug,

Very nice. I'm trying to figure out a nice, clean install for my dvd and sat tv receiver. I'm wondering if there might be room above the drawer stack in my new 21 for a similar shelf. So far, the tv is centered on the wall and I have a mod happening to move the plugs to the wall behind the tv. Stereo will be moved 24" toward the front and 90 degrees from the wall, not angled. I'm going to have power in the overhead cabinet and the outside sat connector will be terminating up there.

Food for thought.

Greg
Old 03-13-2016, 05:57 PM   #26

Trailer: 5.0TA 19 Aug 2016, 2012 Dodge RAM 1500, Andersen Hitch.
Nathan and Tammy: Congrats on your build sheet. We are behind you, Aug 12,'16 for our 5.0. May I ask where did you purchase your Horst probes? The manufacturer in the US or from the Canadian source? We have spent a lot of time on our flooring and countertop selection, finding a flooring alternate has been tough. Several Home Depots & Lowes in our area (San Marcos, 40 m north of San Diego, CA) have not had very good sample selections available. Did you select your upholstery from the ETI source? My only comment on your Build Sheet (other than your are really getting close!) is your choice of 2 LED Captains Lamps in the Dinette area. We had considered that and I mentioned it to '15 5.0 owner and he mentioned with Led overhead you didn't need them. Now I can't find anything in my notes on the source. Someone may give us a reply if they see this. Good Luck and Happy Travels.
-Ethan
ethanallen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:18 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanallen2 View Post
My only comment on your Build Sheet (other than your are really getting close!) is your choice of 2 LED Captains Lamps in the Dinette area. We had considered that and I mentioned it to '15 5.0 owner and he mentioned with Led overhead you didn't need them.
I have them and like them! I'm a reader. It's nice to burrow back in the corner of the dinette and have a "spot light" on a book. There's a difference to me for have a light for seeing and one for reading. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:23 PM   #28

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Nathan and Tammy: Congrats on your build sheet. We are behind you, Aug 12,'16 for our 5.0. May I ask where did you purchase your Horst probes? The manufacturer in the US or from the Canadian source? We have spent a lot of time on our flooring and countertop selection, finding a flooring alternate has been tough. Several Home Depots & Lowes in our area (San Marcos, 40 m north of San Diego, CA) have not had very good sample selections available. Did you select your upholstery from the ETI source? My only comment on your Build Sheet (other than your are really getting close!) is your choice of 2 LED Captains Lamps in the Dinette area. We had considered that and I mentioned it to '15 5.0 owner and he mentioned with Led overhead you didn't need them. Now I can't find anything in my notes on the source. Someone may give us a reply if they see this. Good Luck and Happy Travels.
-Ethan
Hi Ethan, or is it Allen? We got our probes from Amazon.com. The black probes were $43 and the gray were $36.

The fabric we got from Sailrite, although we looked at our local Joanns. We just liked the pattern we saw on SailRite.

We ended up going to a local flooring store for the flooring, to make sure the flooring we liked on Armstrong's website was really the one we liked. Which it was. Several others we thought we might like, in person, we didn't. We then ordered the flooring from Pioneer Building Supply in Chilliwack. Get a decent exchange rate and there was no shipping, and Escape will go get it when they need it.

We decided on the lights in back because my wife likes to sew, quilt and do needlepoint, so thats why we went bright lights back there. We sure have over-analyzed our build sheet, but we think we will be happy with our decisions.

Good luck!!
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:24 PM   #29

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Nathan and Tammy: Congrats on your build sheet. We are behind you, Aug 12,'16 for our 5.0. May I ask where did you purchase your Horst probes? The manufacturer in the US or from the Canadian source? We have spent a lot of time on our flooring and countertop selection, finding a flooring alternate has been tough. Several Home Depots & Lowes in our area (San Marcos, 40 m north of San Diego, CA) have not had very good sample selections available. Did you select your upholstery from the ETI source?(snip)
While I'm not Nathan (thank goodness ), I can tell you that you can get Horst probes off Amazon. I got mine from this place and they were a bit less than Amazon's price:

Horst Mircacle Probes - Get accurate reading on your RV's holding tanks

Do you have any large flooring stores in your area? That's where I saw way more flooring samples than Home Depot/Lowe's had. I also contacted the mfgr and asked for a sample of the flooring. They sent me a large piece that goes in their sample books. It was great seeing that larger size and made it nice for holding it against our countertop samples (you can order multiple samples from Formica) and fabric sample.

For our fabric, I bought a yard off Amazon (thanks to Donna D for that suggestion ) after viewing a bazillion of them at a local upholstery shop and getting free samples from some online places. I ended up ordering more from the same company I bought the yard off ebay from - Patio Lane. Someone else on the forum bought from them and had it shipped directly to ETI for not very much money. I plan to drive my roll up there, but you won't have that option. When I called Patio Lane, they matched the ebay price, I bought enough so there was free shipping and they also had a coupon sale going on, so I got it for a really good price (and less than from a Canadian source, taking the then-current exchange rate into consideration).

Outdoor Upholstery Fabric, Furniture, and More - Patio Lane

I found picking out the countertop, flooring and fabric to be the hardest decisions on our trailer. So, good luck with your decisions!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #30

Trailer: 2014 21 2013 Yukon
To me the ceiling LED lamps are too bright for reading. I often turn the captains light to face backwards to have sort of an indirect light (when not reading).

Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote