Pedestal that drops down for bed setup - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2016, 12:58 AM   #41

Trailer: 5.0 TA hatched April 2017
No sorry it's under tables UK price E99.00. Just saw total weight 4 lbs guess that would be sturdy, at least heavy enough.
Removable Table Pedestal with Locking System - Adjustable Height
Terry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:28 AM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
Anyone have any experience with the Marine Teak
Removable Table Pedestal with Locking System - Adjustable Height

I like the fact that it has no footprint on the deck once removed. But I don't know if it will come up high enough or how stable it is. I do like the price.
I too assume you are referring to Marine Teak.

https://www.marineteak.co.uk/removab...able-height-22

I have looked at them, but there adjustable pedestal will not work as a bed, being only two section it does not drop low enough. You would have to remove it completely to do that. That said, if you do not make up your dinette as a bed much, it might not be that much of a bit deal.

I looked a lot at their Lagun mount. The idea in a U-shaped dinette is a good one, as their is no leg to contend with at all. I even talked to the company getting specifics for dimensions, but I does not seem to work that good with the narrow back bench of the dinette, as there is not room for it to swivel right around. Have not totally given up on it, but do think the Springfield pedestal with Dicor table slide combo will be just as effective, just not easily removable. I ad actually wondering how often I would really want to remove the table though, as just out of the way if needed will be fine. I am likely going to build an adjustable sized table top, either with folding or removable leaf. Waiting to get the trailer to make my final design choices though.

https://www.marineteak.co.uk/removab...ing-system-331

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:59 AM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
I noticed that there are 2 models of the Springfield 3-Stage Air-Powered Table Pedestal when you look it up on their site

Gas Powered

The 1660230 and the 1660231 with the difference being that the lowest height is 12 3/4" on the former and 14" on the latter.

Although they don't list the part 1660230 on their web listing, Overton's sells the 12 3/4" height so I'm assuming that is the part that people have been using. However, it did occur to me that someone could have gotten the 14" version 1660231 if they ordered at another store.

Anyway, just thought I would post this for someone looking for a source other than Overton's.
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:32 PM   #44
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbny View Post
I noticed that there are 2 models of the Springfield 3-Stage Air-Powered Table Pedestal when you look it up on their site

Gas Powered

The 1660230 and the 1660231 with the difference being that the lowest height is 12 3/4" on the former and 14" on the latter.

Although they don't list the part 1660230 on their web listing, Overton's sells the 12 3/4" height so I'm assuming that is the part that people have been using. However, it did occur to me that someone could have gotten the 14" version 1660231 if they ordered at another store.

Anyway, just thought I would post this for someone looking for a source other than Overton's.
We have the one you linked, where the lowest height is 12 inches. It wouldn't matter though on our 19 if it was the one that only lowers to 14 inches, because our bench rails that the table rests on when lowered are about 14 5/8 inches above the floor. Either will work. On the 17 foot model that the OP references, you'd want the one that lowers to 12 inches, since the bench rails are apparently lower.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:29 AM   #45

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Pedestal that drops down for bed setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I looked a lot at their Lagun mount. The idea in a U-shaped dinette is a good one, as their is no leg to contend with at all. I even talked to the company getting specifics for dimensions, but I does not seem to work that good with the narrow back bench of the dinette, as there is not room for it to swivel right around. Have not totally given up on it, but do think the Springfield pedestal with Dicor table slide combo will be just as effective, just not easily removable. I ad actually wondering how often I would really want to remove the table though, as just out of the way if needed will be fine. I am likely going to build an adjustable sized table top, either with folding or removable leaf. Waiting to get the trailer to make my final design choices though.

https://www.marineteak.co.uk/removab...ing-system-331
Jim,

I'm intrigued by the Lagun mount. It looks cost effective and versatile. I really like that there is nothing on the floor!

Mostly I travel alone and sleep in the loft. This might be a perfect thing for me. But it doesn't slide, which might be useful when more than one person is sitting.

Too many options!

I also found these YouTube videos by a guy who put one in his boat.

Installation:
https://youtu.be/ndgkur197js

With the table attached:
https://youtu.be/lOZsFMOU8Pg

I like the way his table folds into half its size. That might solve the any issues when more than one person is sitting. It reminds me of the folding table Chris R built.

https://escape440.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/dinette/

Rich
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 01:36 PM   #46

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Hi Robert,
Which model # 1660230 or 1660231of the Springfield 3-Stage Air-Powered Table Pedestal - Overton's did you used on your table? Thanks

Tonny
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:08 PM   #47

Trailer: Escape 21' May 2017
All of this has gotten me confused on which pedestal I need. I am ordering a 21" 2017 with the u-shaped dinnette. My husband and are both tall so I don't want to make any floor adjustments. I don't know if my trailer will come with a raised floor or not. Which pedestal should I get?
The Quilting Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 02:49 PM   #48

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReagentGrade View Post
Jim,

I'm intrigued by the Lagun mount. It looks cost effective and versatile. I really like that there is nothing on the floor!

Mostly I travel alone and sleep in the loft. This might be a perfect thing for me. But it doesn't slide, which might be useful when more than one person is sitting.

Too many options!

I also found these YouTube videos by a guy who put one in his boat.

Installation:
https://youtu.be/ndgkur197js

With the table attached:
https://youtu.be/lOZsFMOU8Pg

I like the way his table folds into half its size. That might solve the any issues when more than one person is sitting. It reminds me of the folding table Chris R built.

https://escape440.wordpress.com/2016/04/11/dinette/

Rich
I am also interested in the Lagun pedestal. I am thinking about mounting it on the forward passenger side of the U shape dinette and allowing it to swing around. That way it can also be useful as a kitchen counter extension. Or, a second mounting plate can be added next to the door for use as a counter extension instead of the drop down table. I'll have to wait until I get a trailer so I can measure and visualize. The mounting bracket area will have to be beefed up quite a lot.
Also, at COSTCO there is a small Lifetime plastic table for children which is 24" X 24" and 20" high for $19.99. Remove the metal legs and it is a nice white plastic top which is very lightweight. Not the highest class but very cheap and my trailer will be for camping so any convenient table will do.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:27 PM   #49

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quilting Lady View Post
All of this has gotten me confused on which pedestal I need. I am ordering a 21" 2017 with the u-shaped dinnette. My husband and are both tall so I don't want to make any floor adjustments. I don't know if my trailer will come with a raised floor or not. Which pedestal should I get?
The 2017 21 has a raised floor. Get the Springfield referenced in post #3.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:17 AM   #50

Quote:
It reminds me of the folding table Chris R built.
The Lagun pedestal is very much like what Chris built. I saw those videos, and have played around with dimensions and how it would work a bunch, but for a table only I think the Springfield and Dicor combo would work just as good. Where this mount would shine is how easy it is to remove, and the fact it is away from the feet.

I know some like no table, but I don't really foresee us wanting to go that way. I think having a table that can go from full size to even near half size, with the ability to move it out of the way would be key.

I still have not seen that one perfect type table mounting system. I imagine what would be perfect for me, would not for others.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #51

Trailer: 2017 Escape21. Pick up date May,2017
If only the Lagun would support the standard table top! Best of both worlds,big movable table. I wonder how large of a table top would work? I guess someone will have to play with size to get maximum versatility . Input would be great. It could be we are the experimenters ,but that won't happen until next May.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #52

I think someone should buy the Lagun, and give it a trial run in a U-shaped dinette in an Escape. I have been the guinea pig already on pedestals.
Old 12-04-2016, 03:58 PM   #53

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA / 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax
I currently have and will be using the Lagun table mount with U shape dinette and believe it will be perfect for my needs.

I like the fact you can rotate it out of your way or remove it completely thus allowing easy access to under seat area's of U-shape dinette. Table top can still be used if needed to make a bed. Since the table can be rotated I would not add any sort of slide mechanism.

My table top will be wide enough for the rails to make bed, but not as deep as stock table. If needed I can always add a filler piece to make the bed.

If you have any questions or want any pictures of Lagun mount beyond what you can already see on internet just let me know.
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 05:12 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
If you have any questions or want any pictures of Lagun mount beyond what you can already see on internet just let me know.
Just be sure to document your install well, with lots of photos, and even a video of it in use. I am keen to see how this works out.

As mentioned a bunch in the past, I hope to do a folding leaf table, that folds open to full size to easily be used to make the bed up. With the Lagun, one would need to make the hinged joint from side to side so it would span the opening to support the bed.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:39 PM   #55

You can count on it Jim. I'm always keen on documenting a project like this one so others can visualize it, see it in action and see how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Just be sure to document your install well, with lots of photos, and even a video of it in use. I am keen to see how this works out.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:49 PM   #56

Quote:
I currently have and will be using the Lagun table mount with U shape dinette and believe it will be perfect for my needs.

I like the fact you can rotate it out of your way or remove it completely thus allowing easy access to under seat area's of U-shape dinette. Table top can still be used if needed to make a bed. Since the table can be rotated I would not add any sort of slide mechanism.

My table top will be wide enough for the rails to make bed, but not as deep as stock table. If needed I can always add a filler piece to make the bed.

What is the timeline for your installation? I'm anxious to see it in action.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:19 PM   #57

Sorry Ginger I have not placed my order yet. Will be traveling to ETI end of April 2017 to see the new 5.0TA in person. Since I want a May or April delivery date and the build takes as least 10 months, the soonest will be April or May 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
What is the timeline for your installation? I'm anxious to see it in action.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:25 PM   #58

Quote:
Sorry Ginger I have not placed my order yet. Will be traveling to ETI end of April 2017 to see the new 5.0TA in person. Since I want a May or April delivery date and the build takes as least 10 months, the soonest will be April or May 2018.
Ok, maybe we can give you info. Good luck
Old 12-05-2016, 10:55 AM   #59

Trailer: '87 Bigfoot 20DLX 5er (sold) - 2017 Escape 5.0 TA: Sep-17
Pedestal that drops down for bed setup

Ginger,

What's your timeline? I'm hoping to know more before I have to finalize my build sheet at the beginning of June.

My DW really likes what she sees in the YouTube videos.

Rich
ReagentGrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:09 AM   #60

Quote:
Ginger,

What's your timeline? I'm hoping to know more before I have to finalize my build sheet at the beginning of June.

My DW really likes what she sees in the YouTube videos.

Rich
We pick ours up at end of may. We'll start with standard dinette,then when we get homewe will evaluate how the trip went and go from there. I want the flexibility of removing table for lounge area, easy put down for bed and a decent size table that i can maneuver around. If only a coukd get a king sized bed in there.......just kidding.