Production Schedule - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2018, 11:19 AM   #1

Trailer: none
Production Schedule

I was looking at the production schedule for new Escape trailers and was wondering if there is more than one cycle each year? For instance, the current schedule shows all trailers being produced in November and December but that could present a problem taking delivery during those months, depending on weather.

Are these the only months Escape produces trailers?

http://escapetrailer.com/production-schedule/
Old 07-12-2018, 11:31 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
I was looking at the production schedule for new Escape trailers and was wondering if there is more than one cycle each year? For instance, the current schedule shows all trailers being produced in November and December but that could present a problem taking delivery during those months, depending on weather.

Are these the only months Escape produces trailers?

Production Schedule
I think what they're showing is the NEXT production schedule, in other words the next time you would be able to purchase one. Escape builds these trailers all year, as far as I can see, but you have to get a deposit in to get a spot because they only build a fixed number each cycle. I ordered my 19 in May and it will be ready for pick up in August 15. Escape will store them up to 3 months at no charge, and longer than that with a nominal charge, if you're hesitant about getting in on the Nov/Dec build window. If you want to wait until next spring or summer, I would just ask to be put on the next build window.
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:37 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
I think what they're showing is the NEXT production schedule, in other words the next time you would be able to purchase one. Escape builds these trailers all year, as far as I can see, but you have to get a deposit in to get a spot because they only build a fixed number each cycle. I ordered my 19 in May and it will be ready for pick up in August 15. Escape will store them up to 3 months at no charge, and longer than that with a nominal charge, if you're hesitant about getting in on the Nov/Dec build window. If you want to wait until next spring or summer, I would just ask to be put on the next build window.
Yes, they build year round and the date shown is the next available date. If you don't want to store the trailer until warm weather, they will deliver for $2.25 (Canadian) per mile...
Old 07-12-2018, 02:53 PM   #4

Thanks for your responses. Not ready to buy as yet so have contacted EFI to find out when their next two production cycles are. Since I'm a wimpy Californian, don't want to do a pick up in late Fall, lol!

Not to mention, still need to buy a tow vehicle once we figure out what trailer we will be getting.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I my opinion they do not do production cycles as they build all the time and can’t keep up to demand. It is more next spot available for that model ...next served/reserved. You can keep an eye on production and when the month arrives you want, put in your order. OR like you said give them a call and they may hold a date just for you. Personally the dates right now are getting close to snow on the roads depending on the model and it is a gamble for them being dry. If you want clear roads I would hold off to a May pickup date and come to the Escape appreciation camp out in BC near the end of the month. Usually brings about 140 Escape trailers together...something not to miss if you are driving all this way.
Good luck on your selection...we are all here to help.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 04:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
I my opinion they do not do production cycles as they build all the time. It is more next spot available for that model ...next served/reserved. You can keep an eye on production and when the month arrives you want, put in your order. OR like you said give them a call and they may hold a date just for you. Personally the dates right now are getting close to snow on the roads depending on the model and it is a gamble for them being dry. If you want clear roads I would hold off to a May pickup date and come to the Escape appreciation camp out in BC near the end of the month. Usually brings about 140 Escape trailers together...something not to miss if you are driving all this way.
Good luck on your selection...we are all here to help.

Great idea, hadn't considered the rally! Where is it held?
Old 07-12-2018, 04:52 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
It is held in Osoyoos, BC here Home • NK’MIP Campground & RV Park
Old 07-12-2018, 04:55 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Normally the 3rd week in May, we plan on picking up our new 21 at Chilliwack and then driving over to Osoyoos. The nice thing is Reace and Co. will be present and if there are any little issue with the unit, more than likely he can fix it for you.It is a beautiful CG in beautiful country....in beautiful British Columbia. Also you can get your poutine fix while there also...
Old 07-12-2018, 04:58 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
Thanks for your responses. Not ready to buy as yet so have contacted EFI to find out when their next two production cycles are. Since I'm a wimpy Californian, don't want to do a pick up in late Fall, lol!

Not to mention, still need to buy a tow vehicle once we figure out what trailer we will be getting.
The "Suite Escape" was ready in the very early spring and I don't drive in snow, so they kept it for me until I was sure that would not be an issue.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Also you can get your poutine fix while there also...
Poutine?
Old 07-12-2018, 07:45 PM   #11

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 towed by F-150 with 2.7l eb, formerly Escape 17B 2017
There was a $1,000 discount available earlier this year for those willing to pick up in the winter months. We also avoided a long line up for our first Escape by being willing to accept a date in January that they couldn't get a buyer for when they first started expanding capacity. There is an advantage for those of us living in the rain that only live one hour away from the factory!!!
Chris & Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 12:22 AM   #12

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I also encourage attending the gathering. I picked up May 17and attended Osoyoos the next week. It was awesome. Met a lot of great folks and saw a lot of trailers whose owners had clever ideas for modifications.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:33 PM   #13

For those interested, I did contact ETI to enquire when the next production cycles are and here is Tammy's response:

Hello Greg,

Thank you for your email.

Escape Trailer Industries manufactures and distributes the Escape Travel Trailer direct from our facility here in Chilliwack, BC. We manufacture year round and our Production schedule shows the next available Completion Date. We often try to post two dates at a time as customers normally secure a Completion Date based on personal holiday plans. We currently have only a few dates left in 2018 and will be releasing our 2019 Production Schedule shortly.

Our 2019 Completion Dates will begin with January and as they are reserved we will move into the subsequent days/months. If you are looking for a specific Completion Date I recommend keeping an eye on the production schedule as there will be ebs and flows with the reservations.

Please feel free to forward any questions you may have.

Warm regards,

Tammy Harmatuik, Business Manager
Old 07-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #14

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
This morning we locked up the last December production date for a 21'. I see there is one left for November 29th. Linda said she has had almost no time away from the phone with people inquiring about the frameless windows being phased out. We will be getting the frameless windows.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:38 PM   #15

Trailer: 2018 17B / 2010 GMC Sierra
Hello,

Do you know why the frameless windows being phased out? I thought these were a good thing.

Thanks,

Scott
lilkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:44 PM   #16
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkuma View Post
Hello,

Do you know why the frameless windows being phased out? I thought these were a good thing.

Thanks,

Scott
Probably due to leaks or breakage, but your best source is to ask Escape directly.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:12 PM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Just search- "are framelss rv windows a problem".