Pulled the trigger - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2015, 09:29 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post
...... and thank goodness for the good people of this forum. A wealth of knowledge and understanding!
Name:  LikeButton.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  23.1 KB
In the end, please remember... there's a bunch of us with custom ETI builds, but it's really about you and your needs
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:39 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Congrats! Enjoy the planning, dreaming and waiting!
Oregonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1549 View Post
I asked about delivery and was quoted over $4,000.
Marion, know you are very excited about your Escape.

There are people who have gone a great distance to meet a truck delivery of Escapes. I see no reason why yours could not be on a truck with two others for much less than $4,000. (Splitting the cost). And you could meet a truck half-way somewhere far south of Chilliwack but nowhere near your home and have a trip home still quite a distance. The month being around October, you could pick a place that has no chance of snow.

I mean, when you see a truck with an Escape going to a place you want to meet yours, tell ETI you want yours to be on that truck. Then it is possible that a third party, if space, will also book that truck and you can split the cost three ways.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:50 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Do not forget, that is $4,000 canadian, not american plus if you get another person on the same truck/route your will save a lot.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:58 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Do not forget, that is $4,000 canadian, not american plus if you get another person on the same truck/route your will save a lot.
Big difference, all right. Not that long ago, it was a bit of a loser and that went on quite a while. Hard to believe where it is now.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:32 PM   #26
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1549 View Post
I asked about delivery and was quoted over $4,000.
October is great weather in the Northwest, no travel issues should you decide to pick up yourself. You could go either North or South routes to get home to Bama.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 06:27 AM   #27

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Hi Marion,
We also are getting our new Escape this fall - Sept 4th (5.0TA). We are excited for you too. And we will be going through all the questions along with you and thank goodness for the good people of this forum. A wealth of knowledge and understanding! And a really good natured bunch of folks we hope to meet on the road!
Hey Charlie and Lucy. Before moving to Florida in 1985, I lived in Hooksett.

My 5.0TA will be ready at the end of May, just before the Annual Escape Rally. Not looking forward to the drive out to BC as it will be a marathon event, but the leisurely return trip will be Heaven (not almost Heaven, like West Virginia is said to be!).

Posts which say that there are helpful people here are absolutely correct. I was recently fortunate enough to have the owners of the 5.0TA that is in the Escape advertisement in Trailer Life spend a few days in my yard on their way to Fort Myers. Got lots of questions answered and really rose my level of excitement. Of course it cost me a bundle because the end result was I added about $1,300 in options to my build list! But the point is that several Escape owners have provided me with invaluable insights, for which I am most appreciative. And I can't even begin to say enough about Reace and Tammy, who have answered so many questions and addressed all my perceived issues which turned out to be non-issues.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:32 AM   #28

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
pick up the new trailer

We have picked up our 19 and 21 during the month of October. If you have ever thought of driving the West coast, that is the time to do it. Summer traffic is gone, kids in school, the most good weather of the year, and the coast route has the lowest elevations of mountains. Take a month and do it, even if you have to retire early or use the exchange rate savings. When is the next time you'll have a chance to camp along the ocean, have great sea food, see Paul Bunyon and his blue ox, drive over the Golden Gate Bridge, stay a day or two in San Francisco, See the Monterey Aquarium and drive along hi way 1 to Southern California and then I-10 towards home.
We have driven that route many times in/on everything from antique vehicles, motorcycles, motorhomes and a number of camp trailers and can't wait until the next time. Probably on the way home from the Escape Rally, but that will be in June with the traffic, hot and cold weather, but still a great trip.
Jack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:37 AM   #29

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2020 Toyota Sienna
Not only that, you could take a jog over and visit the California State Capital, the Old Town along the Sacramento River and the Railroad Museum, just to mention a few things this way.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:44 AM   #30

Trailer: Shopping tv 2014 Nissan Pathfinder
Quote:
Hi Marion,
We also are getting our new Escape this fall - Sept 4th (5.0TA). We are excited for you too. And we will be going through all the questions along with you and thank goodness for the good people of this forum. A wealth of knowledge and understanding! And a really good natured bunch of folks we hope to meet on the road!
"Eggactly"
mk1549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:57 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
We have picked up our 19 and 21 during the month of October. If you have ever thought of driving the West coast, that is the time to do it. Summer traffic is gone, kids in school, the most good weather of the year, and the coast route has the lowest elevations of mountains. Take a month and do it, even if you have to retire early or use the exchange rate savings. When is the next time you'll have a chance to camp along the ocean, have great sea food, see Paul Bunyon and his blue ox, drive over the Golden Gate Bridge, stay a day or two in San Francisco, See the Monterey Aquarium and drive along hi way 1 to Southern California and then I-10 towards home.
We have driven that route many times in/on everything from antique vehicles, motorcycles, motorhomes and a number of camp trailers and can't wait until the next time. Probably on the way home from the Escape Rally, but that will be in June with the traffic, hot and cold weather, but still a great trip.
Jack

Like most folks the plan, God willing, is to travel to places I've never been and that's a lot of places. I was born and raised in Calif and have been from one end to the other and side to side yes it is a beautiful state. Weather will play an important factor so we'll see.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:08 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Attachment 9439
In the end, please remember... there's a bunch of us with custom ETI builds, but it's really about you and your needs
Your so right Donna, I have read where some folks have had extra outlets installed usually the 12v but after receiving the layout of all the outlets, for me, I really don't see the reason to add extra.
Now after I go to Chilliwack in June I could very well change my mind.
Right now I'm trying to figure out which inverter do I need the 600w or 1500w