raised dinette - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2017, 08:08 AM   #1

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot TF20 DLX Fifth Wheel
raised dinette

Is this an option on the 5.0TA or is this a standard feature? I've seen several conversation that discuss the height of the step but I can't figure if this is required?

Also wondered if the high lift axle option would change the need for the step?
TheWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #2

Trailer: 2018 21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderers View Post
Is this an option on the 5.0TA or is this a standard feature? I've seen several conversation that discuss the height of the step but I can't figure if this is required?
I asked Escape the same question for the 21', not the 5.0TA, and the answer was it is standard and is required due to everything underneath. I expected that answer and I assume it applies both to the 21' and the 5.0TA but that is an assumption.

Eric
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #3

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Is this an option on the 5.0TA or is this a standard feature?
The step is an inherent feature of the current design.

Quote:
I've seen several conversation that discuss the height of the step but I can't figure if this is required?
Most of the discussions about a step up for the dinette area are talking about either additional height, or a step up in dinettes that don't normally have one (front of the 19', rear dinette of the earlier design of the 5.0TA and 21'). Certainly extra height is not needed, but some people prefer it.

Quote:
Also wondered if the high lift axle option would change the need for the step?
The original reason for the step up in the frame and floor at the rear of the Trillium design (which was the origin of the Escape design) was to provide ground clearance for the rear of the trailer. While a tall suspension would improve clearance, the trailer still isn't going to be built without the step in the frame, so it will still have a step in the floor.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot TF20 DLX Fifth Wheel
Brian, thank you for your reply. You are right. I emailed ETI to check and they answered a little later than you did:

Thank you for your email and your interest in the Escape Trailer.

In the 19’ Escape we do offer the option to raise the dinette and benches 3”. This helps create a better view from the dinette windows. In the 5.0TA the floor is slightly raised to help accommodate the fresh water tank.

The height from the floor to the top of the cushion is approximately 20”.

I was hoping to eliminate that tripping hazard because I hate that tiny step that always seems to get me, but, hey, I'll live with it.
TheWanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:32 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
I was hoping to eliminate that tripping hazard because I hate that tiny step that always seems to get me, but, hey, I'll live with it.
One gets used to the step quickly. I don't recall ever tripping on it in four years. Even if I did, I couldn't really fall as the table is right there to catch me. It really is not an issue...unless, of course, you're actually running through the trailer (with scissors no less) and there's no table in place.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote