RV Fridge Guard on sale - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2016, 10:25 PM   #1

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
RV Fridge Guard on sale

Yep, spending more money on The Trailer. I knew I wanted one of the Fridge Guards, but waited until we actually got it in case there were any other changes to the size of the frig.

I was quite surprised and pleased to find they're priced at about half off right now. Heck if I know how long they've been priced this way or how long it'll last, but at least it did long enough for me to order a small one, with the "milk on top" style.

Igloo, Coleman & Rubbermaid Replacement Parts, Trays, Racks & Accessories

Hey, always a pleasure to help folks spend THEIR money.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:41 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
The door shelves are the warmest place in the fridge, in my experience. I would think, with the Fridge Guard, they'll be even warmer.
Rather than trying to find stuff that's behind a plastic curtain, I'd recommend keeping stuff in open containers so you can quickly open the door, grab the container and close the door. Then, you can rummage through the container, looking for the brie.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:47 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm pleased with the way mine works, I think it does keep the refer colder in that it keeps warm from entering when opening. I put very little items on the door.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:44 AM   #4

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
fridge

We have the 21 with Dometic fridge what size fridge guard do we need ?
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 11:14 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm pleased with the way mine works, I think it does keep the refer colder in that it keeps warm from entering when opening. I put very little items on the door.
Thanks to you Jim we also purchased the fridge guard . We found it really helps keep the cold in . We also have fans inside to circulate the air . It also helps from keeping food from falling out when you open the door . Once before the fridge guard , opened door and blueberries went everywhere. We have removed the guard in the winter and put back the freezer compartment , but twice now in hot temps have the guard installed have enjoyed temps in the 30's . We have the 4.3 , besides fans and insulationing the cabinet , the guard helps maintain the low temps . We don't put much on the door either , not expecting those items to be really cold . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 12:07 PM   #6

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
We have the 21 with Dometic fridge what size fridge guard do we need ?
I ordered the small since that works for the 6-7 cu ft frigs. the frig in the 2nd Gen 21 is 6 cu ft.

And I already got a shipping notice from the company that it's been packed up and is on its way here! Dang!

I shall report back as to the fit when it gets here.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
... It also helps from keeping food from falling out when you open the door . Once before the fridge guard , opened door and blueberries went everywhere. ...
This is one of the main reasons I wanted to get this! I got a set of those pole thingies and I just couldn't get them to work so they got flung somewhere, heck if I know where.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:51 PM   #8

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
This is one of the main reasons I wanted to get this! I got a set of those pole thingies and I just couldn't get them to work so they got flung somewhere, heck if I know where.
Hi Laura really helps keeping the food on shelves . You don't want to pack food in refrigerator tight. .Refrigerator works better if there is air circulation around your food items .So you will be able to see what you want . Yep used those spring bars too , not impressed . What a good sale . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:30 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
Folks:
Several of you have been fairly enthusiastic about the fridge guard in the past. Are you still using it? If it is still working well for most of you, I'm likely to purchase one. We have a 2015 17B with the 4.3 Cu. ft. fridge--I believe I need the small size. Any thoughts as to whether MOT or MOB is preferable? Thanks for your input.

Dave
Dave & Penny Smith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:51 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
When you call them and give them your size they can explain which model is best, I'm using the one from my 21' Escape and just cut it down to fit, mine has the MOB which means large panels in middle to allow access.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:31 PM   #11

I'm still using mine and still like it. At times it's a PITA to get something out as you have to pull down the velcro strap holding the panel in place. I do really like it for travel as there's less possibility of stuff falling out when I open the door. When I stay somewhere I put a bunch of stuff in the door that I'll want more frequently, so I don't have to access behind the panel that much.
Old 07-01-2017, 04:44 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I purchased and installed a fridge guard in my 19, but took it out. Felt it was better to have the door open for 15 seconds instead of several minutes while dealing with the fridge guard.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:10 PM   #13

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
We haven't had problems with our fridge, so when we first looked at it it was too cumbersome to bother with if not having problems. If you are having problems with your fridge it wouldn't hurt to try it.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote