Service station showing - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2017, 02:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Service station showing

Back in the 60's the slogan for marketing the little Honda motorcycles was "You meet the nicest people on a Honda." Remember that? Well today after leaving Brown County State Park in southern Indiana we stopt for gasoline. A fellow and his charming wife pulled in opposite us to gas up. He said he couldn't believe his luck as he'd been studying Escapes on line. What could I do? What could I do? Service station showing to Jeff and Connine from Saginaw Michigan. Best of luck to them in their pursuit of a retirement dream trailer/ bucket list checker offer. "You meet the nicest people when you pull an Escape."
Iowa Dave
Old 10-15-2017, 03:16 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
One for the book!!!

Hi: Iowa Dave... Long story... short, cleaning drivers side window in the morning while camping in Herkimer NY., and the window won't go up!!! GPS finds the nearest Nissan dealer 25 miles back in Utica. After a breezier than normal drive we get there. While in Carbone Nissan Service Dept. A technician from Carbone Hyundai next door runs over with his ipad camera to take pic's. of our rig as he has been looking at Escapes on line to pull with his Frontier pickup. After every sales person in both dealers had a good look and with a new window regulator installed we continued our trip to Vermont... a little late, but much less wind blown!!!
We left the trailer hooked up and they worked on the truck out in the driveway. Nice sunny day too.
Yes you do "Meet the nicest people when you pull an Escape". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Was there every a m/c brand that didn't play the 1 c.c. under game to make sure the bike was in a lower insurance/regulatory category.

But, back to the original post, yes, the Escape is often a conversation starter even with folks who are unlikely to ever own one. The molded f.g. does seem to attract some folks who'd like to chat and ask some questions.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:06 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Was there every a m/c brand that didn't play the 1 c.c. under game to make sure the bike was in a lower insurance/regulatory category.

But, back to the original post, yes, the Escape is often a conversation starter even with folks who are unlikely to ever own one. The molded f.g. does seem to attract some folks who'd like to chat and ask some questions.

Ron
I have a sticker on my toolbox that says, "I'd rather have a sister in a cat house than a brother on a Honda".

I sold my one and only Honda m/c, a 600XR, to my riding buddy. He consistently thrashed me in the woods.

Last fall en route to camping at Banks Lake in WA we stopped at RNR RV in Spokane. They graciously fit us in to fix a faulty plumbing connector to the outside water (which ETI later covered under warranty). While there several salesmen half jokingly offered to buy our new 21. They were aware of the waiting time for a new one. The service manager showed me photos on his phone of his 13 (painted yellow). At the time I did not even know ETI had made a 13.
Old 10-15-2017, 07:32 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Similar story to yours Alf and Dave. Last month was shopping at Costco in Birmingham AL, arrived at trailer with my groceries, when a lady pulled up and said she couldn't believe she could now see her first Escape in person. She had been checking out ETI website as well.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 07:56 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Virtual RV
Let's stay on topic.

Old 10-15-2017, 07:59 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Let's stay on topic.

Dave, did they offer you any poutine in exchange for the tour?

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 08:24 PM   #8

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_bullet View Post
Last fall en route to camping at Banks Lake in WA we stopped at RNR RV in Spokane. They graciously fit us in to fix a faulty plumbing connector to the outside water (which ETI later covered under warranty). While there several salesmen half jokingly offered to buy our new 21. They were aware of the waiting time for a new one. The service manager showed me photos on his phone of his 13 (painted yellow). At the time I did not even know ETI had made a 13.
I’m sure the irony is not lost on many here that a service manager at eastern Washington’s largest RV dealer with at least 13 major brands represented owns an Escape.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 10:50 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
We are on our way home from North Carolina and Today, I’m checking into the Gallup, N.M. KOA. The clerk asks me the length and brand of my trailer. I answer, a 21’ Escape, and the gal behind me in line asks, “An Escape? How did you you get an Escape?”. With a smile and a lot of pride, I answered, “With an 8 month wait and a lot of patience”. She answered, we were very lucky.........I think she is right!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:47 AM   #10

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Clark View Post
We are on our way home from North Carolina and Today, I’m checking into the Gallup, N.M. KOA. The clerk asks me the length and brand of my trailer. I answer, a 21’ Escape, and the gal behind me in line asks, “An Escape? How did you you get an Escape?”. With a smile and a lot of pride, I answered, “With an 8 month wait and a lot of patience”. She answered, we were very lucky.........I think she is right!
I can totally picture your face. Probably even glowing?
Old 10-16-2017, 08:57 AM   #11

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I’m sure the irony is not lost on many here that a service manager at eastern Washington’s largest RV dealer with at least 13 major brands represented owns an Escape.
Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny as well. I just emailed my friend over there that has a motorhome. She's taking it for winterizing pretty soon and I told her to ask the mgr about his trailer.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:29 PM   #12

Trailer: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Back in the 60's the slogan for marketing the little Honda motorcycles was "You meet the nicest people on a Honda." Remember that? Well today after leaving Brown County State Park in southern Indiana we stopt for gasoline. A fellow and his charming wife pulled in opposite us to gas up. He said he couldn't believe his luck as he'd been studying Escapes on line. What could I do? What could I do? Service station showing to Jeff and Connine from Saginaw Michigan. Best of luck to them in their pursuit of a retirement dream trailer/ bucket list checker offer. "You meet the nicest people when you pull an Escape."
Iowa Dave
Thanks to Dave and Rita for sharing their Escape experience. This chance meeting at a gas station was our first opportunity to see an Escape in person. Your a great couple and we hope to meet again someday.
Jeff & Connie
Jeff B is offline   Reply With Quote