Shopping - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Old 04-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #11
Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Real Canadian Superstore would be more of a big box store where you may or may not see better prices. Of course my bias would be towards Save-On-Foods which has one store in downtown Chilliwack and one in Sardis which is south of the #1 highway. The store in Chilliwack is larger than the one in Sardis. Both stores would have everything you will need and it would be a more pleasant shopping experience in my opinion. Save-On-Foods (Overwaitea Food Group) is a privately owned food chain with stores in British Columbia and Alberta. I am fully vested but I think you should still shop at one of the stores.

LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #12
Trailer: 2013 19' Escape
Not sure what kind of "shopping" you're looking for but we would second the road side stands for fresh produce etc. If you need trailer stuff...our experience was that BC Walmart prices were often 20-30% higher than USA Walmarts for same or similar items. We also found items purchased at BC Walmarts can't be returned in USA Walmarts which was a real surprise. We purchased most of our trailer accessories from Amazon before the pilgrimage to Chilliwack.

lefttee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:15 PM   #13
Trailer: 2012 15-A
Hi Ruth, here is the Government website on what you can and can not bring into the US, food wise.

Kærnehuset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #14
Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
So what about camping supplies, kitchen utensils, etc. I remember that Tammy said she goes into Bellingham to shop, and I don't know if that's because there are more stores there or whether it's cheaper on the U.S. side. Although with the exchange rate that might not be the case right now. And I just read through the list of banned items and I realized that my kiefer starter will not be allowed across the border because it's in milk. Some people bring their pets -- I bring my grains of kiefer that turns into a kind of yogurt drink and I nurture it like a baby. Oh well.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:50 PM   #15
Trailer: 2013 19' Escape
I would buy everything I could in the states. The bin box on wheels for under the bed storage that we purchased at the Chilliwack Walmart was $24 or so as I remember. Back home in ID it was about $18-19. Padlocks were similar in price difference. I didn't figure in the exchange rate but everything felt the same as when I was trying to buy Titleist golf balls in England...$60-65 there and $45 here. The free black berries along most of the roads were another story though.

lefttee is offline   Reply With Quote