Sink Options - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2018, 06:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 VW Westfalia
Smile Sink Options

Hello,

We are working on our decision making for purchasing an Escape 17B. One area we are looking at are options for the kitchen sink and stove top.

I learned that Escape has updated their standard stove top to a great looking Suburban stainless w/ a flush glass top. Great move on their part...

I'm hoping I can have them install an upgraded sink to follow suite. Preferably a stainless w/ a glass top. Similar to the Dometic sinks: https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/pro.../cooking/sinks

However, Escape says that the sink faucet has to be counter mounted - not sink mounted like the Dometic sinks.

Does anyone have suggestions on a sink that is like the Dometic but doesn't use a sink mounted faucet?

.....and has anyone had Escape install the Dometic by off chance w/ some finagling? Why can't they do a sink mounted faucet?

Thanks!!

Alan
aland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:59 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape 19'
We, too, are hoping to replace the sink with a deeper one as part of our build (August 1 delivery). We are seeking recommendations for a deeper --- though not wider --- sink that Escape would install for us.
egraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:16 AM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by egraham View Post
We, too, are hoping to replace the sink with a deeper one as part of our build (August 1 delivery). We are seeking recommendations for a deeper --- though not wider --- sink that Escape would install for us.
Contact Escape to find out the max size they will install. Then look for bar sinks in that size. Really easy process if you know the max size they will install. The rest is just shopping.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:20 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
Think it would be hard to incorporate a faucet not mounted in sink with a glass top.
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 10:35 AM   #5

Thank you. I have been told only that one side cannot exceed 16". What I am trying to find out is the size of the hole. In truth, it is rather like pulling teeth to get that specific detail from ETI.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:23 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
We had Escape install this sink for us and really like it .
Attached Thumbnails
5BB1BD95-E135-4B3E-9266-A4A38ED1B123.jpg  
Old 02-19-2018, 12:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
We went with this Ruvati sink we found. It has good depth and size, and comes with the bottom rack and an excellent food-solids catch basket that is easy to remove and clean.
Doug & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:29 PM   #8

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ruvati sink.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	29718

I think/hope this image attaches with the sink. (My first attempt at adding a photo...)
Old 02-19-2018, 12:55 PM   #9

What a great sink! Could you say where you found it?
Old 02-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If it were me, I'd buy a sink where the faucet mounts around the sink, not outside. Seems like every Escape I've had, with the old style and new style faucets, I always find water on the countertop and constantly mopping it up.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:18 PM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
If it were me, I'd buy a sink where the faucet mounts around the sink, not outside. Seems like every Escape I've had, with the old style and new style faucets, I always find water on the countertop and constantly mopping it up.
I love mine, but it was stated about three months ago or so, that ETI will no longer install faucets on the sink rim, so it's important to find a sink such as Doug & Betty posted.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #12

I was told by Tina that I must provide a sink that ensures Escape can mount the faucet on the counter and not through holes in the sink.

I would have thought that the new faucet with the extendable hose would reduce water on the counter. And also, having a deeper sink.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:22 PM   #13

It happens when using the sink in the closed position, washing your hands and then reaching up to turn off the faucet.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:30 PM   #14

Aha. I understand. But I have also given up on the idea of replacing the sink before we take delivery --- I am experiencing major sticker shock! We will make do with a small rubber tub to wash the dirty dishes in, and rinse them using the pullout hose on the faucet.

Why do you imagine the standard sink is so shallow on the smaller trailers? Our Wilderness 21' had a deep double sink.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:28 PM   #15

The deeper the sink, the more water you use....
Old 02-19-2018, 06:54 PM   #16
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The deeper the sink, the more water you use....
As a member of the big sink club, I don't think this is true. It's not a bathtub, doesn't get filled to do the dishes. But, it's big enough I can use a container or bowl as a faux half-sink and it still has room for rinsing. What it does do, is it's deep enough and big enough that I'm not slopping water everywhere. The only time I'd worry about using "too much water," is if I'm drawing water from the tank. Most of the time I'm hooked up to water anyway.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:22 PM   #17

Trailer: 1977 VW Westfalia
BTW - I ask Escape - they will only provide a sink cover with the sink they install. If you have them install a customer supplied tank - no cover by them.
aland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 05:53 PM   #18

Our Ruvati sink is 14" x 16" inside dimensions and 8" deep. We got it from Amazon about a year ago but I'm not finding the same model now. Check with ETI as to how large a sink will they install in your model TT, and yes, they want you to only use sinks that do not have an integral faucet location or large "apron" for the faucet to mount through. We had also considered getting a higher/taller faucet but with the 8" sink depth the stock ETI faucet works great.

The 14" x 18" at the URL below is the closest I can find to ours. Also, we must have caught it on sale or they have had significant price increases as we did not pay near what this is going for.

https://www.amazon.com/Ruvati-RVH711...ds=ruvati+sink
Old 03-23-2018, 04:46 AM   #19

Trailer: 21 foot
Why is that? They’ve been doing this long enough, don’t you’d think they have a research sheet to make our lives easier after dropping $40K?
Adeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:02 AM   #20

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
We have a deep sink and if I was doing it again I would look for a shallower one. We really have to be careful to not use too much water, both for consuming fresh and filling the grey. Ideally I would look for a sink you where you could easily hang a dish pan on the rim.

Another drawback of the deep sink is that the counter is already low and you really need to bend over a lot to reach to the bottom of the sink.

But, this is also where the outside tap and wash station is handy, as you can use a basin which sits on top of a table, check out the scenery around you, and often dump the water in the bushes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug & Betty View Post
The 14" x 18" at the URL below is the closest I can find to ours. Also, we must have caught it on sale or they have had significant price increases as we did not pay near what this is going for.

https://www.amazon.com/Ruvati-RVH711...ds=ruvati+sink
I have one of these sitting at home in the box. It is much too large. Maybe if you could turn it sideways it would work. Turned so the narrow dimension is across, it does not allow room to mount a tap behind, and I had no room to turn in or mount the tap beside it. A great sink, the square corners would have matched the range better, but too big for me. It will make a nice bar sink in the kitchen some day.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote