Skylark Build Sheet (Long -- much too Long) - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #11
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Wifey had me add an exterior 12V outlet next to the rear mounting hinge for the awning so she could use 12V awning/exterior lighting without cords to trip over.......

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Something else to consider. At the rally, Reace showed off a new, remote controlled, 12v LED light strip mounted under the awning, really sharp looking. I have requested additional info on it and I'm thinking of installing one myself. It will involve drilling a hole to obtain power inside one of the interior cabinets. Definite upgrade material.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #13

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
Once again the solar powered melon baller is left off the build list. :
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #14

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0
I installed a 12 v receptacle on my 5.0 on the back driver side corner of my 5.0. I use it for pumping up bike tires as well as for a 12 volt pump to pump water out of my large wheeled fresh water container into the the trailer tank when dry camping ..... saves the back when refilling the fresh water tank.

Barry

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #15
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There are no low point drains in the 21' so the air compressor method for blowing out the lines will not work, ....
Not true. ETI is the only trailer I know about that ever added low point drains, but plenty of all molded towable owners blow out the lines rather than pump in RV antifreeze.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #16

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #3
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
There are no low point drains in the 21' so the air compressor method for blowing out the lines will not work, ..

I'm with Donna on this. Reace told me during our orientation that his preferred method of winterizing is using a compressor to blow out the lines in our 21. Our 21 has what looks like low point drains just behind the entrance steps, but Reace told me to ignore them.
TAfraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #17

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19'
I am in the other camp on inverters and would absolutely get an inverter again. Mine is 2500 watts. It would really be a bummer for me to not be able to use my blender while camping and 12volts blenders do not work. I also love to make breakfast on my 1800 watt electric griddle. The microwave is handy also. I use my 120 volt toaster 2 or three time per week. Many folks stay in full hookup campgrounds most of the time and if you are going to also then you don't need an inverter. It all depends on how you are going to use your trailer. I like boondocking exclusively so the interter gets used every single day. My suggestion is to get one if you plan to do a lot of boondocking. You will be glad you did....and Happy Father's Day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
[*]We currently have the 1500w inverter on the build sheet. I have mixed feelings on this ranging from just forget it to go ahead and have all the outlets powered -- which would be another $300.00. I think the only things that it would be useful for are the microwave (see above), charging computers, and Lindy's hair dryer. It won't power the AC, and everything else runs just fine off of 12 volt power. Would welcome opinions on this. Leon
"Want Some Ice Cubes?, "Want a Frozen Margarita?", Want a Jump?"
hotfishtacos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
IMHO, when you use air to eliminate water in a vertical piece of plastic pipe, there is always going to be some water residue left, unless you run the air continuously until the lines are air dried. That said, any water left in the lines can accumulate at a low point and freeze. But as we all know YMMV!
Old 06-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #19

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
When blowing out the lines to winterize and there isn't a low point drain, where does the water in the lines exit?
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:22 PM   #20

Trailer: Working on my build list
If a microwave will make the cook happy then get the microwave. People have strong preferences on cooking methods, but not everyone agrees. Whoever does the cooking should make the final decision. The same goes for getting an inverter that will run the microwave. You want camping to feel more like pleasure and less like work to the cook.

WestEnder is offline   Reply With Quote