Skylark Build Sheet (Long -- much too Long) - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2014, 08:06 PM   #51
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Loews has the type with 2 USB and a single 120V. Fits in a standard box fine - added to my Casita.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0181.jpg (148.9 KB, 31 views)

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:29 PM   #52
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
anyone want to buy some double USB outlets…….real cheap!!!

Old 06-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #53

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
I may get some of the combo 120volt/USB outlets, but if so it will be an aftermarket thing. I am trying to be somewhat respectful of Reace and ETI's patience in customization, and with all the 12volt outlets, I probably won't need them.

Oh, and I forgot to mention to J Mac that the solar powered melon baller will be on the shopping list for that first visit to camping world -- the one where you go spend more money than you planned on because somethings are either "so useful", or "so cute" that you just can't resist. ETI won't offer it as an option.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #54

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17b
LeonW,
While you have your Visa out, you may also want to consider Camping World's solar powered tanning beds and booths.

"Camping World, a place where you can't pay more".
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:57 AM   #55

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherian View Post
I have posted these here a few times no one seems to notice they are available and simple to install yourself or have ETI do it for you. WHITE - Hubbell USB Charger Tamper-Resistant 15 amp 125 Volt Duplex Receptacle WHITE - Electrical Outlets - Amazon.com Might reduce the amount of 12v accessory outlets you need installed. IMHO

Cypher
I don't see any point in these, at least for me. They are pointless unless you are on shore power, running a generator, or using a built-in inverter... and in each of those cases inexpensive USB adapters in 12V sockets or even the AC sockets work as well. The big difference is that the 12V adapters also work when there is no AC power.

Also, when USB power standards change, those special outlets will be obsolete, but new adapters can be just plugged in. Not long ago 500 mA ports would have been fine, but now at least 1500 mA is expected for some devices; some of those combination receptacles are probably already obsolete.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:10 AM   #56
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
See post #52…..
Old 06-17-2014, 09:12 AM   #57

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19 & 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
... and in each of those cases inexpensive USB adapters in 12V sockets or even the AC sockets work as well. The big difference is that the 12V adapters also work when there is no AC power...
Our approach is to use the 12V USB adapters. I bought a half dozen of them online for a couple $ each. They work well in the car and trailer for charging almost all of my USB devices (ipads, ipod, cell phone, etc). I have transformers with 12V plugs on them that I use for the television, Bluetooth speaker, and laptop. We don't actually bring any devices with us that plug directly into the 120V system.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:39 PM   #58

I considered getting some to the 12volt dedicated USB adaptors. But soon came to my senses and realized that it was just as easy to have the little insert and that way I could use the 12volt socket for other things as well.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:27 AM   #59

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5TA
Leon,

Again I wish to thank you for putting your build sheet on paper, it has and will continue to be use full.

My build list is very similar to yours, one item of difference is the shelf / cabinet to the right of the entry door. I have ask ETI to place a second wardrobe in that location. A mirror image of the standard wardrobe. $300 adder. All of the 5.0 build pictures I have looked at had the standard cabinet / shelf with drawer.

I intend to travel for months at a time and the extra storage space will be use full, add to that I do not like shelves that encourage visible clutter. Anal intensive is how I refer to my condition.
strawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:38 AM   #60

I am glad this was helpful. I had mixed thoughts about posting it. I know that some items are perennial subjects of discussion -- Microwave vs. no Microwave, for example. We talk about these items often, but the end result is always "different strokes for different folks". But on the other hand, I am a bit afraid of missing something that should obviously be included, or just making a bone-headed decision. So I figure more eyes reviewing it is useful.

I assume when you mention the wardrobe to the right of the entry door, you are talking about your 15, right? I don't think there is room for a wardrobe there in a 21.