Springfield Pedestal - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2018, 06:46 AM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Springfield Pedestal

Hello,

I am replacing the two standard table legs with a Springfield Pedestal. I have seen several models referenced.
What model and size Springfield Pedestal Works in the 19’?

Thanks,

Virgil
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:39 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 19’ Reversed Floor Plan
Ordered & Recieved a Springfield Pedestal Base to be installed in our 19’ Rear U-Shaped Dinette next month during orientation.
SPR-1660230 Springfield 3 Stage Table Pedestal
$283 from LLebroc - WWW.HELMCHAIR.COM
Note: Ordered Silver Anodized - Received Black (+$30) & decided to keep the Black color.
RB Donath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:31 PM   #3

I had planned on using this pedestal in the traditional bench seat setup and not the U-shaped dinette. Is the size still the same as the U-shape.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
I had planned on using this pedestal in the traditional bench seat setup and not the U-shaped dinette. Is the size still the same as the U-shape.
I don’t think the dinette configuration matters. What matters is that the pedestal can go low enough if you need to convert to a bed. Many here have gotten them from Overton’s with 20% discount codes, but I can’t find it on their site any longer. Llebroc seems to have the best price:

https://www.llebroc.com/product-p/spr-1660230.htm
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:40 AM   #5

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 19’ Still Long Gone
Springfield pedestal

Question from the uninformed on this issue:
We are working on our build for a 17B and plan to use the rear dinette in usually bed mode but may occasionally want to use the bigger table.
So, what are advantages of the Springfield pedestal? I can see it might be nice not to have the 2 table legs to store, but what else? I feel as though I am missing some points here because I never heard of this prior to joining this forum.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Catherine
outwiththedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
easy to push up or down go from bed to table and spins when loosened so easier to get in and out when used in conjunction with a slide. More foot room. Thing i don't like is you can't remove the table easily if you want to.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 05:27 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
One thing to consider is that the Springfield pedestal will remain in place when the table is made up as a bed. I have four containers that slide under the bed. Not sure they would be easily accommodated with the pedestal in place.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:01 PM   #9

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by outwiththedogs View Post

So, what are advantages of the Springfield pedestal?

The primary advantage of the Springfield, as others have noted, is that it’s *much* faster and easier to go from table to bed, or vice versa. The hinged table mount that they used to offer was equally fast, albeit less attractive. The default legs are a pain to switch if you have to do it often, plus they tend to be wobbly. And as you noted, you have to store them somewhere. But, having a fairly unobstructed space under your bed affords more storage than you would have with a Springfield. Although, if you’re going back and forth between table and bed often, you need another place to store that stuff anyway, else you won’t have room under the table for your feet.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
The primary advantage of the Springfield, as others have noted, is that it’s *much* faster and easier to go from table to bed, or vice versa.
I don't think it's much quicker. With the poles you just give it a yank upward, stow the poles and place the table. The Springfield doesn't really save time there. To me the advantage is a much more stable table than the wobbly sockets, one pole centered instead of two that take up more leg space, and the number one advantage of all - the table rotates. The ability to rotate as well as slide is a big win over the stock setup.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #11

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
The original reason for searching for a replacement was the wobble of the double tube legs.

Con is it is not removable.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:20 AM   #12

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
I don't think it's much quicker. With the poles you just give it a yank upward, stow the poles and place the table. The Springfield doesn't really save time there. To me the advantage is a much more stable table than the wobbly sockets, one pole centered instead of two that take up more leg space, and the number one advantage of all - the table rotates. The ability to rotate as well as slide is a big win over the stock setup.
I must respectfully disagree with you, sir. However, this sounds like another rally event in the making: Table Races! Participants must fully convert from table to bed, quickly lie down on it to validate correct conversion, then bounce back up and convert to table!

Which reminds me, I’ve been slacking on my Awning Deployment/Stowage race training lately. Need to get that back into the workout routine [emoji6]
Old 09-12-2018, 09:48 AM   #13
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
I must respectfully disagree with you, sir. However, this sounds like another rally event in the making: Table Races! Participants must fully convert from table to bed, quickly lie down on it to validate correct conversion, then bounce back up and convert to table!

Which reminds me, I’ve been slacking on my Awning Deployment/Stowage race training lately. Need to get that back into the workout routine [emoji6]
Let's not race! You would surely win.[emoji23] My point was the other advantages such as a more stable tabletop and the ability to rotate it outweigh any speed in setup or teardown imho.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:13 AM   #14

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I agree with the more stable, and easier bed operation. The big negative to the Springfield is that you cant remove the table to enjoy the U dinette as an open lounge. That is predominately why we got the U lounge.
The lagun would seem to be the answer to provide all the positives and remove the big negative if we were going to do this mod.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 10:18 AM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Then there is the Lagun mount. Not as stable as the Springfield, but very positionable, and completely removable. Lots of choices, depending on your needs/desires.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:37 PM   #16

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
25% discount for online orders at Overton’s with code MARINE25. I got an email 5/7. Not sure how long it will last. (Springfield pedestal or ?)