Springfield Table Pedestal - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2018, 01:26 PM   #41

Trailer: 2018 5.0 T/A "Escaper"
Just a heads up to anyone using nut serts to install the Springfield base, the floor ply is 1/2" that was straight from Reece. 3/4" screws are the right lenth, don't go any longer. Also don't line your mounting holes in a straight line or you'll find a body mount carriage bolt when you drill the ply like I did.

I'll post more info when I get home that could help with an install.
akmacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 10:38 PM   #42

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 Foot
Mad Cat, Wanted to see how the Garelick Slider is working for you. We have the long table with the Springfield and it shifts and wobbles pretty easily. We are ready to make some changes. May consider cutting our table or building a new one and either converting to a u shape with the Springfield more forward and the filler as a bench at the rear, or using the table as an optional 30 inch lounger when it's down at the rear. Would also like to know how large your table is. We also turn into a bed pretty frequently. Thanks so much, Debby G

Considering
Zengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:09 AM   #43

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Sounds like what we did with our U: shifted forward a bit and made 23.5" table. Use it every day as a bed & lounge then table.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:49 AM   #44

Trailer: 5.0 TA 2017 Taj MaSmall
To stop most of the wobble ~ undo the clamps, turn the tightening screw till it's firm, and re clamp it. I haven't gotten around to replacing the plastic slider glides with sturdier metal ones but that'll be upcoming.
Bobnjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:22 AM   #45

Rossue, do you already have a u shape dinette? I do not, but I have the Springfield under the big table pretty much in the middle. Does the 23.5 table/lounge extend from a back bench (u shape) or is it a mod created from the standard set up?

I'm thinking a 30 inch table lounger mod might work well. This would mean moving the Springfield back to be centered on the new 30 inch table.

Any photo by any chance?
Old 07-31-2018, 12:36 PM   #46

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zengranny View Post
Mad Cat, Wanted to see how the Garelick Slider is working for you. We have the long table with the Springfield and it shifts and wobbles pretty easily. We are ready to make some changes. May consider cutting our table or building a new one and either converting to a u shape with the Springfield more forward and the filler as a bench at the rear, or using the table as an optional 30 inch lounger when it's down at the rear. Would also like to know how large your table is. We also turn into a bed pretty frequently. Thanks so much, Debby G

Considering

Hi Debby:

The Garelick is working well for us: no appreciable table wobble when clamped. It does allow only about 5 inches of movement, however our table is set far enough forward so that it provides enough room to sit on the back bench of the U-shaped dinette. We do have counter extensions on both the driver’s and passenger’s side, but the table works alongside these: we sometimes angle the table slightly when raising or lowering the extensions, but then turn it back to its usual position. If you use a half-inch intermediate plywood piece as we did in the picture above, you may need to add thin spacer slats along the sides where the table nests when down. Our table is 18 inches deep, with a filler board that sits behind the table when down. The depth and filler board dimensions could be altered according to your need… We find the table to be adequately large for our needs and generally have the other extensions (kitchen and wardrobe) in use if we’re all eating a meal inside.
Thanks!

— Claude
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:21 PM   #47

Think what we'll do is cut the table to 28 or 30 inches and reposition the Springfield to the proper location on the floor where it will be in the middle of the table for stability and all the way to the back wall. We'll see if the wobble goes away with smaller table and if it doesn't buy and install the Garelick. Sure seems like the Garelick adds a lot of stability. We'll then need to build a filler board/ or table when the 30 " is in the down position or to make into the full bed when needed. Ready for the change, thanks so much for your posts and pics!