Storage for CalMark cover - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2018, 06:42 PM   #1

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Storage for CalMark cover

So, just got our new CalMark cover delivered. Eagerly opened the box. Discovered there isn't a storage bag included. I hadn't really thought about that ahead of time.

I could go to The Container Store to look for a bin to put it in, but I was wondering if there was another option.

What all do you folks use to put the cover in when it's not in use? I know the cardboard box it was shipped in will not last forever, so want to get something more permanent.

Now to wait for a few dry days so I can wash and dry the trailer and then we can install the cover. Yay!

Thanks!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
So, just got our new CalMark cover delivered. Eagerly opened the box. Discovered there isn't a storage bag included. I hadn't really thought about that ahead of time.

I could go to The Container Store to look for a bin to put it in, but I was wondering if there was another option.

What all do you folks use to put the cover in when it's not in use? I know the cardboard box it was shipped in will not last forever, so want to get something more permanent.

Now to wait for a few dry days so I can wash and dry the trailer and then we can install the cover. Yay!

Thanks!
Get the container . Best way to store . Don't put away wet though but I am sure you already know that . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:37 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Hummm I just roll mine up and toss it in a corner of my garage, has worked so far.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
Hummm I just roll mine up and toss it in a corner of my garage, has worked so far.
You can do want you want with your cover but mine goes in a container and I hope to get lots of life out of it . Bought this one because got tired of replacing other covers every 1 or 2 years . Pat
Old 01-09-2018, 08:48 PM   #5

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Wish we had a garage! the one that was here burned down many, many years ago and was never replaced.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:06 AM   #6

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
+1, but it goes in the basement, no garage either.

How about a trash can?
Old 01-10-2018, 09:29 AM   #7

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:

Thanks!
There are plastic barrels for yard leaves and they can be collapsed. We have one and it is actually nice. Turquoise!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #8

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Seems like a fairly trivial solution. Cardboard boxes, rubber maid tubs, large fabric bag with a drawstring, wooden crate, almost anything would work.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
Seems like a fairly trivial solution. Cardboard boxes, rubber maid tubs, large fabric bag with a drawstring, wooden crate, almost anything would work.
Oh I know. I was just curious what others were using since it didn't come with a storage bag. and if it did, not to say I'd be able to get it back in anyway. HA!
Old 01-10-2018, 12:21 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Oh I know. I was just curious what others were using since it didn't come with a storage bag. and if it did, not to say I'd be able to get it back in anyway. HA!
My Expedition cover came with its own fabric storage bag. My Calmar cover is stored in a Rubbermaid style tub. Both do the job.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
There are plastic barrels for yard leaves and they can be collapsed. We have one and it is actually nice. Turquoise!
Cathy got my attention "Turquoise ". We spent a pretty amount of money for our Cal cover and it goes in a plastic tub , easy , peasy . Pat
Old 01-11-2018, 09:36 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Cathy got my attention "Turquoise ". We spent a pretty amount of money for our Cal cover and it goes in a plastic tub , easy , peasy . Pat
Pat, there are hundreds or thousands of shades of blue and I think we like them all!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
Pat, there are hundreds or thousands of shades of blue and I think we like them all!
Cathy blue's and grey's after Turquoise, that is number one for me .Linda just goes along . Pat