The 5.0 appliances..... - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
JCZ

The 5.0 appliances.....

I've received info. from Tammy on the new refer for the 5.0 (not sure if it'll be used in other Escape models).

It's a 6.7 cu. ft. Dometic Mdl # RM8555. You can read about it yourself by clicking on this link..... http://www.dometic.com/enus/Americas...ctdataid=73059

And the Operating Instructions here..... http://www.dometic.com/FileOrganizer...eration_EN.pdf

This looks to be a bonus for us.....we were concerned about a smaller refer. We were thinking we'd always have to be lugging an ice chest just to keep the beverages cold. This one looks like it may be just the ticket for both the groceries and the beverages.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
JCZ

Re: The 5.0 has a new refrigerator.....

and it has interior LED lights!

Old 08-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th

I just got the last set of production pics from Escape today, got to see the picture with the 6.7 cubic ft fridge and it looks very large in there. it did take all the space that would be for the microwave in a 19ft, not sure what happens in the 5.0 to alow for the extra space needed. I hope this spacious fridge will have i bit of room for some barley sandwiches so i don't have to keep ice in a cooler.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA

Looking at the spec sheet. Is that really 18.3 gallons per hour on gas? Or does g/h mean something different?

Dick
Old 08-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #5

when i talked to Reace about the new fridge he assure me it will be more efficient than the previous 5 ft fridge, not sure what that spec is but i certainly hope it is not a gas pig.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:20 PM   #6
JCZ

Dmac, is the refer a stainless steel? I sure hope so, since I'm going with the s/s on the other appliances.

Will you please post of the pics of the refer here?
Old 08-03-2012, 11:22 PM   #7

i posted some pics in the gallery, not sure how to link them to the post however. yes it is stainless as is the range hood, the oven is black though
Old 08-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #8
JCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac
i posted some pics in the gallery, not sure how to link them to the post however. yes it is stainless as is the range hood, the oven is black though
Oven......does the 5.0 have an oven? No mention of it on the specs sheet and not visable in the photos. Just last evening my wife was asking "what are we going to do without an oven?".
Old 08-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #9

I checked the options list on the web site and it says it is a 19ft oven so i am not sure if it is availaible in the other models, lots of people don't want a oven but we really liked it and used it in another trailer we had so we ordered one.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #10
JCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac
I checked the options list on the web site and it says it is a 19ft oven so i am not sure if it is availaible in the other models, lots of people don't want a oven but we really liked it and used it in another trailer we had so we ordered one.
Thanks a bunch D. Just looked in the 5.0 options and it doesn't mention an oven like it does in the 19'. I shot an email off to Tammy.

I wish this forum was organized just a bit better. For instance a board for appliances......so we wouldn't have to jump all over from one board to another looking for things. The search feature doesn't seem to work very well but then it doesn't on the Harley forum either and that's an SMF (Smart Machine Forum) forum just like this one.

I had suggested a board for each model but the moderators shot it down saying that all the models had the same features and were pretty much the same.