The 5.0 appliances..... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
JCZ

The 5.0 appliances.....

I've received info. from Tammy on the new refer for the 5.0 (not sure if it'll be used in other Escape models).

It's a 6.7 cu. ft. Dometic Mdl # RM8555. You can read about it yourself by clicking on this link..... http://www.dometic.com/enus/Americas...ctdataid=73059

And the Operating Instructions here..... http://www.dometic.com/FileOrganizer...eration_EN.pdf

This looks to be a bonus for us.....we were concerned about a smaller refer. We were thinking we'd always have to be lugging an ice chest just to keep the beverages cold. This one looks like it may be just the ticket for both the groceries and the beverages.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
JCZ

Re: The 5.0 has a new refrigerator.....

and it has interior LED lights!
Old 08-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 21 ft November 17th

I just got the last set of production pics from Escape today, got to see the picture with the 6.7 cubic ft fridge and it looks very large in there. it did take all the space that would be for the microwave in a 19ft, not sure what happens in the 5.0 to alow for the extra space needed. I hope this spacious fridge will have i bit of room for some barley sandwiches so i don't have to keep ice in a cooler.
dave macrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #4

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA

Looking at the spec sheet. Is that really 18.3 gallons per hour on gas? Or does g/h mean something different?

Dick
Old 08-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #5

when i talked to Reace about the new fridge he assure me it will be more efficient than the previous 5 ft fridge, not sure what that spec is but i certainly hope it is not a gas pig.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
JCZ

Dmac, is the refer a stainless steel? I sure hope so, since I'm going with the s/s on the other appliances.

Will you please post of the pics of the refer here?
Old 08-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #7

i posted some pics in the gallery, not sure how to link them to the post however. yes it is stainless as is the range hood, the oven is black though
Old 08-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #8
JCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac
i posted some pics in the gallery, not sure how to link them to the post however. yes it is stainless as is the range hood, the oven is black though
Oven......does the 5.0 have an oven? No mention of it on the specs sheet and not visable in the photos. Just last evening my wife was asking "what are we going to do without an oven?".
Old 08-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #9

I checked the options list on the web site and it says it is a 19ft oven so i am not sure if it is availaible in the other models, lots of people don't want a oven but we really liked it and used it in another trailer we had so we ordered one.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #10
JCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac
I checked the options list on the web site and it says it is a 19ft oven so i am not sure if it is availaible in the other models, lots of people don't want a oven but we really liked it and used it in another trailer we had so we ordered one.
Thanks a bunch D. Just looked in the 5.0 options and it doesn't mention an oven like it does in the 19'. I shot an email off to Tammy.

I wish this forum was organized just a bit better. For instance a board for appliances......so we wouldn't have to jump all over from one board to another looking for things. The search feature doesn't seem to work very well but then it doesn't on the Harley forum either and that's an SMF (Smart Machine Forum) forum just like this one.

I had suggested a board for each model but the moderators shot it down saying that all the models had the same features and were pretty much the same.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA

It seems like every RV refrigerator I've seen has removable front panels and different panels are for sale at the refer manufacturers site. It not, you could always make one yourself... everything from plastic to metal to colorful laminate. One of the neatest I've seen for a family is where the Dad made the panel into a chalk board for the kids... when they're stuck inside due to weather, etc. and like to doodle. Cheaper than paper, not as heavy and nothing to pack.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
Site Team

I don't have a problem with the way it's organized... as long as the subject line has value. It's when we go completely off topic that finding information is difficult. For instance, why would anyone post about an oven in a topic called "The 5.0 has a new refrigerator..... " wouldn't it have been better to start a NEW topic?
Old 08-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #13
JCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D.
I don't have a problem with the way it's organized... as long as the subject line has value. It's when we go completely off topic that finding information is difficult. For instance, why would anyone post about an oven in a topic called "The 5.0 has a new refrigerator..... " wouldn't it have been better to start a NEW topic?
Thank you Donna, you made my point. There's probably a thread on here somewhere about the appliances, what's included, what's not....what's an option, what's not. I looked all over but couldn't find a thread like that. One thing's for certain, all the Escape trailers are not all the same or at least not listed the same.

As it is, I edited the title of this thread that I started so that the next person that comes along can find it using the search. Thank you Donna for pointing that out to me.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #14
Site Team

Re: The 5.0 appliances.....

You're giving us too much credit to sensibility Sure as shootin' if you post a new thread about Escape Stoves someone will post about liking to cook outside on a Coleman two burner or dutch oven... and then, there goes the topic and search capability The best you can do for yourself is read.. a lot and either bookmark the posts you want to remember, or open a spreadsheet and paste the URL into it. That's what I've done and my spreadsheet has over 400 records encompassing five molded trailer forums.

I don't think there's a perfect solution for everyone. It is, what it is...
Old 08-20-2012, 08:56 PM   #15

Trailer: 2013 Escape 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by captmath
Looking at the spec sheet. Is that really 18.3 gallons per hour on gas? Or does g/h mean something different?

Dick
metric units... grams/hour ?
onetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:50 PM   #16

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

Thank you Donna, you made my point. There's probably a thread on here somewhere about the appliances, what's included, what's not....what's an option, what's not. I looked all over but couldn't find a thread like that. One thing's for certain, all the Escape trailers are not all the same or at least not listed the same.
[/quote]

I would expect to find that sort of information on the Escape Trailer site, not on this forum. The Escape Trailer company site lists the standard features and the options for each trailer they sell, and it is up to date. The link to them is at the top of the main page on this site.

baglo

Old 08-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #17
JCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo

I would expect to find that sort of information on the Escape Trailer site, not on this forum. The Escape Trailer company site lists the standard features and the options for each trailer they sell, and it is up to date. The link to them is at the top of the main page on this site.
baglo
[/quote]

While one might think it's up to date and current for all their models it's not. The features and options are changing continuously while the company web site changes at a much slower pace.

For example, even though the company web site reflects that the 5.0 5th wheel has a 5.0 cu.ft. refer it does not. While they were installing a smaller refer for awhile, they're now installing a much larger (6.7 cu.ft. I believe) unit however, their web site still reflects the 5.0.

Another example....even though their web site does reflect some options it's not all inclusive. The digital thermostat is an example. Not mentioned any where on their web site however, it is an option.

I've learned a lot from their web site and from Tammy and Reace directly. However, there's so much more that I've also learned from owners right here on this forum......a valued resource here!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #18

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

Shows what I know

baglo
Old 08-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #19

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19

Because Escape hand builds each unit to customer's specifications, they need to have a list of standard options to allow one to choose. If the customer is aware of another choice and Escape is willing to install it, then so much better. I have seen Escape progress with LED's and other improvements on their own. But there will always be another "improvement" that maybe available. Just ask Escape. They are very flexible.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #20
JCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo
Shows what I know

baglo
Come on now......you're one of the handful that I've learned a lot from by reading this forum. And, I want to thank you for that......you have no idea.

Those of us that are newbies to the Escape, fiberglass and the trailer world in general learn a lot from these owners forums. I learned so much more about my Harley Davidson from the CVO owners forum than the techs at the dealerships knew. The CVO is a high end limited edition and most techs think they're the same as the regular models but not so in many cases. Even with my boats (Sea Ray and Crownline).....learned so much more on the owners forums than the company web site. The same would apply with the Harley truck owners forum (NHTOC.com). To a lesser degree, even with Silverado owners forum and the Ford F-350 dually forum. Just a lot of first hand experience, modifications, change applications (like the refers in the Escape), etc. can be learned immediatly on the forums where a company web site may not be updated but once a model year.