The Game of 21 Questions.... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2015, 10:55 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
The game of 21 Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Measure and post a picture.
Took pics for you . Almost was going to remove table . Instead cut it down so it can stay up all the time and a little more counter . Is not in the way going in and out of door . I cut mine down to 8 In wide . Maybe you can see next to wall put curved piece from cut out to stop water from running down there with the scrap piece . Underneath is a folding door to keep my dogs from screen which when someone comes over they tried to jump through . I also can get to the plug now . Works for us . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
P1010001.jpg   P1010002.jpg   P1010004.jpg   P1010006.jpg  
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 11:04 AM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE

Pictures make the difference.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:03 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Pat,
Is that a dog gate I see below the stooge table?
Old 07-21-2015, 01:52 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Pat,
Is that a dog gate I see below the stooge table?
Yes Jim . Bought for 2.00 at garage sale . It was a baby gate . Cut in half , put a hinges in middle so it folds to side if I need . Use my grey vinyl with snaps to hold it closed to wall . If you want later can take better pics . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 02:47 PM   #25

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
I was reluctant to email Escape, because the kind folks here suggested (not to me, in another thread somewhere, unless I dreamed it, which could be the case since I am so immersed in all this at the moment) that they were busy and people here could answer a lot of questions. However, with the replies to this thread including "ask Escape", I had to in order to get the answers.

I asked 5 questions, here they are and the answers:

1. Can the larger 21' holding tanks be put on the 19'?
no, the molds for each trailer are built specifically to accommodate their respective holding tanks.
2. Can white-framed windows be installed on the trailer, or is the black trim the only option?
Black is the only option for the window frames
3. Can a different stove vent be added? Specifically the "Endura Stove Vent"
No, we will only install our standard stove vent
4. Can speakers be added and wired without having your stereo being installed, since we stream our music?
We can install speakers only and pre-wire for the stereo
5. Is it possible to have a SMEV stove or sink installed? Is that something you can order?
We have done this before, please send pictures /links to the ones you are considering.
Please feel free to forward any other questions you may have.

I am a little surprised that they won't install the vent, as I could supply it to them in plenty of time. The rest are good confirmation. Of course, after we do our deposit thing, maybe Reace could be convinced. Or, it may be that way due to the actual vent size on the stove?....I'm a slow learner...
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Took pics for you . Almost was going to remove table . Instead cut it down so it can stay up all the time and a little more counter . Is not in the way going in and out of door . I cut mine down to 8 In wide . Maybe you can see next to wall put curved piece from cut out to stop water from running down there with the scrap piece . Underneath is a folding door to keep my dogs from screen which when someone comes over they tried to jump through . I also can get to the plug now . Works for us . Pat
Good idea to have that table changed. We have an extra one on order but do not want to put it there partly because it is too big for there. Probably will be near the bed.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
On the stove vent, I would expect that they are required to install an appliance with its own parts, not something else. They come under all kinds of requirements for what they are installing and where. They have plans they submit.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:56 PM   #28

As to the outside vent cover, I guess if I had THAT much of an attachment to it, I could have a local boat yard resize the opening in the fiberglass and install the new one. Sound like a lot of work and expense for such an inconsequential thing...
Old 07-21-2015, 06:58 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
As to the outside vent cover, I guess if I had THAT much of an attachment to it, I could have a local boat yard resize the opening in the fiberglass and install the new one. Sound like a lot of work and expense for such an inconsequential thing...
You could easily do it yourself too. I had to replace one on a previous trailer, and it was quite easy.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:08 PM   #30
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Stove vent may have to do with the thickness of the vent body. At 1 1/2 inches, it would work for a stickie due the framing thickness, but you don't have that thickness on a fiberglass trailer. It would stick way out from the wall in an Escape.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:21 PM   #31

Trailer: Scamp 2010 D19
The Endura is available for a thin wall. I installed one on our Scamp last year. Easy, as long as you don't mind cutting holes in your shell. Pictures of the installation are on the blog at http://justfinding.blogspot.com/2014...d-exhaust-vent.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:19 PM   #32

Ok CPACharlie, here's number 8...just in case you are still counting...

Has anyone expressed, or contemplated spraying that rhino-liner stuff they put in the wheel wells on the underside of the trailer? I think that it could be a fabulous protector of all the metal parts, as well as provide some insulation.

Well, I think it is fabulous until someone tells me why it's not and I then will have to proceed to question 9.... Actually, if it's dumb, I have also thought about spraying Fluid Film on the underside-if we don't go with the standard insulation.
Old 07-21-2015, 09:26 PM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I was just under my 19 today checking out gas and electrical lines, and looking everything over. Other than being a little bit dusty, there is absolutely no damage at all to any of the components. My trailer has seen lots of gravel roads too. The front is what shows the wear the most.

Reace does use Line-X coatings on the storage boxes. I have contemplated using it on the front of my trailer too. Like Rhino Linings a very tough coating. I doubt very much if there is any insulation value to any of these linings.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:50 PM   #34

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Don't those weigh a fair amount? I only have knowledge of how much my car battery weighs...no idea if the 6v weigh more or less.
The 6V batteries supplied by Escape are the GC2 size, and are much heavier than a typical car battery (although car batteries vary greatly in size).

Quote:
There would be too much weight even if we got 2 6v batteries which, as I understand, go in the storage box on the front?
I was thinking that even 1 car battery comes close to weighing what 2 bikes would weigh...
If you are just balancing weight on the ends against each other to reach a specific tongue weight, that can work.

The problem is that this is not the only consideration. In addition to structural concerns, the more the mass is placed out toward the ends of the trailer, the worse the effect on stability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
I added concrete blocks in a front box depending on how many bikes I hung on the back of our Scamp.
That's the definition of how to reduce the stability of a trailer. I'm glad you got away with it, but don't bet on it with another (especially longer) trailer.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:33 PM   #35

Here's number 9...What type of tires does Escape use? I was just watching some of the "long long honeymoon" youtube episodes, (very fun and informative even if a person already knows what they are telling) and they had 2 blowouts on their Airstream, and both were the ever-cursed Goodyear Marathons. I'm hoping those aren't on the Escapes...I put Maxxis LT tires on my Casita after a blow out, and they have done splendidly.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:44 PM   #36

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Used to be Marathons, but got too pricey. Now Carlisle.
My Marathons were trouble free for seven years, when I replaced them for age.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #37

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Here's number 9...What type of tires does Escape use?
Escape switched from Goodyear (Marathon, their only ST model) to Carlisle (Radial Trail RH model) a while ago. This was not a quality issue, just a matter of pricing from the tire suppliers.

Quote:
I was just watching some of the "long long honeymoon" youtube episodes, (very fun and informative even if a person already knows what they are telling) and they had 2 blowouts on their Airstream, and both were the ever-cursed Goodyear Marathons. I'm hoping those aren't on the Escapes...
I don't think there's any particularly good brand of ST tires, but I'm sure that many have an undeservedly bad reputation because people kill them with overloading. Fortunately Escapes have relatively large tires for the weight of the trailer, so the tires are not heavily loaded and are less likely to be accidentally overloaded for their inflation pressure.

Quote:
I put Maxxis LT tires on my Casita after a blow out, and they have done splendidly.
Before they went to a larger tire size, Casita 17's were infamous for tire failures and the use of alternative types of tire became somewhat common. Any mention of non-ST tires on a trailer in these forums risks launching an intense debate... might be good to avoid.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:50 PM   #38

Thanks for the heads up Brian! "How 'bout them Cowboys?!"
Old 07-25-2015, 08:54 PM   #39

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Thanks for the heads up Brian! "How 'bout them Cowboys?!"
Weather wimps!
They going to their training camp in Oxnard. 73° and sunny.
(And, of course, no rain.)
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:31 AM   #40

Question 10...Can any/all of the opening windows be the awning style, or must they be the slide? Or does it matter? If there are some that can and others that can't, which would they be? Would that be a custom install charge?

And while that's technically more questions than 1, since it is all regarding the same thing, I'll count it as 1...