The very last 5.0 classic SOLD! - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2014, 02:37 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 Classic
The very last 5.0 classic SOLD!

Hi Guys,

Donna already mentioned it in her report about her trip to Chilliwack.

The very last 5.0 Classic-Single Axle is SOLD, well maybe not tha last VIN number but at least as the actual last 5.0 Classic to leave the factory grounds. and this baby goes to The Netherlands!
So that map on the wall in Chilliwack needs to be extended with a little piece.

This is the start of a journey with lots of hurdles.

1st hurdle to take is the shipping, we found Reace willing to put the 5.0 in a container and make sure it getīs secured in the proper way.
2nd hurdle to take will be to get i legalized overhere, 5th wheels are not to common overhere and we need to get a legal brake controller, replace the kingpin with a legalized type, adapt/change the lights to the legal standards and then some things.
3rd hurdle will be to get a Tow Vehicle with a 5th wheel hitch, again a road with some bumps overhere. But we have our eyes on a beautifull Toyota HiLux.

Last but not least we will need to do something in order to make sure the fridge doesn't blow up when we hook the trailer up to our mains, beeing 230V instead of 110V.

Anyway, we look forward to our new 5.0 and the adventures with it to come. 8)

We will keep you posted in the process of getting the trailer overhere etc.

Have fun!

Severinus and Yvonne

Seef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
ooooh So it's you Severinus and Yvonne, that get that wonderful 5.0 classic. I got to peek inside, it's as fabulous as you can imagine.

I can't comment on your future challenges, but as long as it meets gov't requirements and is safe to go down the road... just USE it! No one says you have to hookup, until you get the issues resolved. It would be the classiest hard-sided tent EVER. I know that's not your intent, but I don't believe in delaying if at all possible.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #3

Trailer: ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seef View Post
Last but not least we will need to do something in order to make sure the fridge doesn't blow up when we hook the trailer up to our mains, beeing 230V instead of 110V.
I suggest you get a small - 150-500 watt 240/120 transformer for the fridge - you can put it behind the lower fridge exterior access panel.

And replace the converter/charger with a 240v unit. Then replace the outlets with the appropriate plugs and the circuit breakers with 240V ones at half the current.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
I suggest you get a small - 150-500 watt 240/120 transformer for the fridge - you can put it behind the lower fridge exterior access panel.

And replace the converter/charger with a 240v unit. Then replace the outlets with the appropriate plugs and the circuit breakers with 240V ones at half the current.
Hi Jamman,

Yep, thought also about the transformer, first i will check just make sure the fridge isn't (coincidental) a 110-230V model. That can be possible since we can get the exact same model (dometic) fridge overhere in 230V. If that turns out not to be true, it's time for a tranformer.

Thanks for the tip on the circuit breakers, you're right about them needing to be only half the current, almost forgit about that.

Time to start searching for a converter/charger too.

Have fun!

Severinus and Yvonne
Seef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
That is amazing !!!! Congratulations you will undoubtedly have wonderful time with it , and a gizillion visitors camping through Europe !!!
Old 04-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Hi: Seef... Get used to not being alone... as every where you go people will want to look inside. Congrats. on the new trailer. What is the shipping time to Holland?
We camped with a couple that shipped their Volvo diesel wagon and Biod trailer over here for a six month tour of Canada and the US. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010578.jpg (390.0 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg P1010573.jpg (365.6 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Lex& Rita Sept'09 Niagara.jpg (118.8 KB, 26 views)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:43 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Lex and Rita! I was lucky enough to meet them and camp with them too at the Oregon Gathering. Nice, nice folks and totally cool BIOD.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 17B "Suite Escape" pulled by a 2005 Toyota Sienna
You sure will have a great time! Congratulations.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:47 PM   #9

Trailer: Former class c .. Deciding on 17B
Where there is a will...there is a way!

Congrats...Netherlands wow Escape is truly global! Now if you tell me you did this all sight unseen....I have no excuse NOT to order one!

Speaking of the Netherlands we are headed there this time next year for a riverboat cruise on the Rhine! Can't wait to see your country!
reetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:58 PM   #10

Trailer: 5.0
Hi Seef and congratulations! We just picked up our 5.0 last week, the last Vin. number, and towed it home. It towed beautifully behind our Frontier and as Alf says you can't park it without drawing on lookers. One thing Reace and Tammy don't supply with the vehicle is a nylon lube plate for the hitch, it quiets down the ride and is less messy than using grease.

Al & Donna

Not so Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote