Tile flooring in shower pan - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2016, 06:07 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
In our 19, we just use a piece of tan, vinyl shelf paper, cut to fit the floor, for non-shower use and while traveling with our tote standing in there vertically. For showering, we just remove it, clean up whatever grit might be remaining on the floor with a paper towel, and shower away. No hassles cleaning and drying the shower afterwards. The floor shows no signs of wear.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:42 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
In our 19, we just use a piece of tan, vinyl shelf paper, cut to fit the floor, for non-shower use and while traveling with our tote standing in there vertically. For showering, we just remove it, clean up whatever grit might be remaining on the floor with a paper towel, and shower away. No hassles cleaning and drying the shower afterwards. The floor shows no signs of wear.
That is a good idea as we have that. There are also plenty of wood shower mats at many places for people who want those, in both teak and bamboo.

float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:48 PM   #23

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
LOL @ Jim--no he probably woke up due to my scream (or swearing)
The rubber mat we have is one piece--gets taken out when showering but is there for everyday use...(and is soft enough)
Old 02-03-2016, 02:03 PM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21/ 09 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
25% off. How many square feet are you getting?
I know others have a good luck with this flooring. But not me. I used it in a small boat bathroom and felt it unstable, slippery against the fiberglass floor, and was uncomfortable on my feet. I took it out. I think I will try the bamboo mat that have been mentioned here when I start camping soon.
luckyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:52 AM   #25

Trailer: 2015 17B Sold 5/2016
I just received some flooring samples from Rubberflooringinc and see the back, the part that rests on the shower floor, is a bunch of 1/8 inch size feet spaced about 3/8 inch apart. This makes me wonder what these feet will do to the floor. Are they so small that they'll eventually punch holes in it?

I'm being overly cautious because I don't know the strength of the floor. Has anybody had long term experience with the product?
2012 4Runner
OneOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:52 AM   #26

Trailer: 21 on Feb 28, 2017 2016 GMC Canyon Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Six. Probably could have gotten 5, but Dirk said to get an extra square in case we muck it up while trimming it down. Not that that has ever happened around here!
Hey Laura, have you put the flooring in the shower yet? If so, could you tell us what size the flooring ended up? I bought the same ones you have and I would just as soon trim them to size before we hit the road so I can dispose of extra.
stephen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:50 PM   #27

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA and 2018 GMC Canyon/Duramax On Order
I'm of understanding this was designed more for covering cracked or ugly concrete patios. I bought some for the house for that reason, but ended up doing something else. I believe these would be too stiff and would scratch or ruin the fiberglass floor.

I looked at the teak tiles as mentioned on this forum, but those seem to have hard plastic backing as well.

I used Dri-Dek in my previous Casita very flexible, soft, easy to clean and pull out when needed. I'm sure it has been mention on this forum before, but here is a link to their website.

Dri-Dek ® The Official Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I just ordered some "Designer Grip-Loc" flooring tiles for the shower pan of our eventually-it'll-be-here trailer. Previously I ordered samples from two different companies and these guys offered the best price. I tried all styles out with bare feet and these were the ones I liked the best.

I know they're not for everyone, but I think (hope!) they'll work for us. And best of all, they're having a site-wide 25% off sale on flooring through Thursday! And there wasn't any shipping. Double Yay!

https://www.rubberflooringinc.com/in...-grip-loc.html

I became aware of this product due to posts about it in the past. So, thanks to whomever clued me in to this stuff.

"Live Life as if everything is rigged in your favor"
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:58 PM   #28
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
See post#11...
Old 12-21-2016, 12:59 PM   #29

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent View Post
I'm of understanding this was designed more for covering cracked or ugly concrete patios. I bought some for the house for that reason, but ended up doing something else. I believe these would be too stiff and would scratch or ruin the fiberglass floor.

I looked at the teak tiles as mentioned on this forum, but those seem to have hard plastic backing as well.

I used Dri-Dek in my previous Casita very flexible, soft, easy to clean and pull out when needed. I'm sure it has been mention on this forum before, but here is a link to their website.

Dri-Dek ® The Official Site
Dri-Dek is what we also use , thanks to Greggo , who had it in his trailer . No damage to floor in shower now over 3 years . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:02 PM   #30

Trailer: 2011 Casita SD 17 Sold July 2016: 2015 Escape 21 Aug 2016
Dri-Dek

We too have Dri-Dek. Had it in the Casita, and found it worked well. It was one of the first "mods" for the new (to us) 21 when we got it in August. Four tiles (if memory serves) worked well. We like it a lot.

In addition to the Dri-Dek website, also available at West Marine and Amazon.

Paul

a602pmcc is offline   Reply With Quote