Time to buy Springfield pedestal - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Time to buy Springfield pedestal

We just purchased the Springfield Air-Powered 3-stage table pedestal from Overton's. The price was 319.00 less $60 discount code CHRISTMAS. No tax (at least in my state of WA) and free shipping. Net price: $259.99.
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 12:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
We just purchased the Springfield Air-Powered 3-stage table pedestal from Overton's. The price was 319.00 less $60 discount code CHRISTMAS. No tax (at least in my state of WA) and free shipping. Net price: $259.99.
Carla Jean, are you taking the pedestal with you when you pick your 21 so that ETI can install it?

After the rally we had ETI install our Springfield Pedestal. We were surprised when Reace asked us if we wanted the pedestal installed flush to the back wall, or 3" out so that it could be lowered. We didn't realize that the back wall of the trailer is curved in slightly so that the table can't be lowered all the way unless it sits out from the wall when fully upright.

We finally decided to have it flush with the wall because a) we don't plan on using the dinette as a bed, and b) the main reason for the pedestal was to adjust the table for use as a computer desk and as an eating area.

The main reason I mention this is that we hadn't thought about this question, it was bit late, and we had just barely made the ferry from Vancouver Island to the main land. We were the next to the last car on the ferry. So we were not as coherent as we might have been and I am sure Reace thought "Boy are these folks ever a couple of ditzes." So hopefully now you have time to consider the alternatives.

When do you pick up your trailer?
Old 12-07-2015, 02:09 PM   #3

Hi Leon,
We plan on taking the pedestal to ETI and have them install it to the table. However, we still are not certain as to whether we will have them install it to the floor and if we do, it will be several inches out so that it can be made into a bed. Having said that, we sure like what Doug and Sooz on Toto have done with their table. They cut down the table to a smaller size which drops to make into a lounging area. (See their blog: followtoto.com) Best of both worlds, except not room for dinner with friends, just drinks and appetizers. We always have the drop-down tables. And that's our final answer...! We'll see when we get there.
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Old 12-07-2015, 02:48 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 21 'Toto'
You folks in Port Townsend must be getting excited -- just a few weeks to go, yes?
Old 12-07-2015, 03:05 PM   #5

Yes, just a few! Looking forward to photos. Guess the 21's pretty much look alike during the manufacturing stage, however!
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Old 12-07-2015, 06:14 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
We sent table legs and bases in advance. They did an excellent job installing them.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
We sent table legs and bases in advance. They did an excellent job installing them.
Cathy,
You said "legs", plural. Did you use the Springfield collapsable base?
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Old 12-07-2015, 06:21 PM   #8

We did not get a Springfield, just another version of table legs with flat bases.
Old 12-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
We did not get a Springfield, just another version of table legs with flat bases.
I have seen table legs that screw onto the flat table base. Do you happen to know the brand or where you bought them? I certainly would prefer the flat base. How is it different from the Springfield?
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Old 12-07-2015, 07:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
I have seen table legs that screw onto the flat table base. Do you happen to know the brand or where you bought them? I certainly would prefer the flat base. How is it different from the Springfield?
We wanted to remove the table so we wanted flat bases. We only have the ETI table. The legs and bases are Sequoia from Pontoonstuff.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 12-07-2015, 08:27 PM   #11

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
We have a 21 on order so I need to get up to speed.

So what is the standard factory hardware for the dinette table? What would be the point of installing the pedestal support in a manner that would not allow it to be lowered?

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 09:43 PM   #12

I was just checking them out, and that's the conundrum. The table legs would have to be stored, and the table, as well. There was is no perfect table on the market. If only the Springfield had a flat base! Oh, well, our Springfield table has been ordered, at a good price.
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Old 12-07-2015, 10:37 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
We have a 21 on order so I need to get up to speed.

So what is the standard factory hardware for the dinette table? What would be the point of installing the pedestal support in a manner that would not allow it to be lowered?

Greg
Congratulations Gregg ! Want to see your pictures too when they come in . Your the reason we bought our 19 you know .How long do you have to wait ? Are you going to put your trailer up for sale or wait ? You sure have a great storage option . Keeps your trailer looking new . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Congratulations Gregg ! Want to see your pictures too when they come in . Your the reason we bought our 19 you know .How long do you have to wait ? Are you going to put your trailer up for sale or wait ? You sure have a great storage option . Keeps your trailer looking new . Pat
Pat, it's going to be a year. Might as well have waited for 2017 but heck, it's done now. Love the 19' (alot!) but our camping has changed since I retired. Farther and longer trips kind of necessitate a bit more elbow room and more storage.

Re: dinette table, I'm thinking of going rogue and looking into an "all of the above" solution so we're set if/when things change for us in the future. Standard dinette today, u-shaped dinette later, covertable into a tv lounge or convertable bed later. Still working on it...

G
Old 12-08-2015, 12:07 AM   #15

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Pat, it's going to be a year. Might as well have waited for 2017 but heck, it's done now. Love the 19' (alot!) but our camping has changed since I retired. Farther and longer trips kind of necessitate a bit more elbow room and more storage.

Re: dinette table, I'm thinking of going rogue and looking into an "all of the above" solution so we're set if/when things change for us in the future. Standard dinette today, u-shaped dinette later, covertable into a tv lounge or convertable bed later. Still working on it...

G
Well I can't wait to see your new trailer . Time will go by and before you know it the wait is over . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:45 AM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:

G
Hi: greggo... What I'm contemplating is changing the table legs to the marine flat turn to lock "Sequoia" 7" style. Just not sure if the bases would cover all the existing holes in the floor. Just found it's available to look at in Gander Mountain Stores. http://www.gandermountain.com Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:43 AM   #17

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
table

The Springfield raising pedestal seems like a winner You could cut table in 2 and put a piano hinge in to make full table .That's how some boat builders do it that way you could use as a table for 4 or a lounge area for watching tv or reading etc.
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 07:55 AM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
The Springfield raising pedestal seems like a winner You could cut table in 2 and put a piano hinge in to make full table .That's how some boat builders do it that way you could use as a table for 4 or a lounge area for watching tv or reading etc.
Though I plan to use the Dicor Cosmo, with the 4-way sliding top, my plan is to do something similar. I am thinking of folding both sides (25% width each) to form a half sized table for lounging.

Nothing is bought yet, and the planning continues.

Zwaardvis has some great solutions too, but certainly seem expensive.
Zwaardvis | Table pedestals for recreational vehicles
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:38 AM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Though I plan to use the Dicor Cosmo, with the 4-way sliding top, my plan is to do something similar. I am thinking of folding both sides (25% width each) to form a half sized table for lounging.

Nothing is bought yet, and the planning continues.

Zwaardvis has some great solutions too, but certainly seem expensive.
Zwaardvis | Table pedestals for recreational vehicles
Hi: Jim Bennett... A "Half sized table" sounds like a diet aid... like using smaller plates. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 10:31 AM   #20

Folding table sounds good. Attached to a twist lock style floor mount will reduce the wobbles. I'm contemplating having hardware on the wall to hook the table to for a full dinette. I might be asking a little much from a folding table.