Trailer Completion date now Jan. 31/18 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2017, 01:13 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Once to Chilliwack, 3 times to Osoyoos.....always a great time. Any Escape rally is fun, Mississippi River Rally and Alf's Niagara Falls Rally were both nice to attend.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #22

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
But, if ETI could somehow make a fiberglass toy hauler, I might consider it!
While ETI did build a very small number of toy haulers, they were of conventional construction, not fiberglass:
For Sale: 2012 Escape Terrain (toy hauler)

The closest things currently in production that I know of are the Happier Camper (very small, patterned after the Boler 1300 and so the size of an Escape 13') and some cargo trailers intended for motorcycles (not travel trailers). There are also some cargo trailers with moulded fiberglass shells, but not entirely self-supporting (use some framing), such as the Shuttle.

One could always try to convince Reace to do a moulded toy-hauler, but I think that would push the completion date out... by a few years, if not indefinitely!
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:50 PM   #23

Actually that link is to a Forest River product being sold here on the forum, I'm not aware of any toy hauler by Reace & Co.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:07 PM   #24

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Actually that link is to a Forest River product being sold here on the forum, I'm not aware of any toy hauler by Reace & Co.
Jim, if you read the entire thread you'll see that some members thought it was a Forest River trailer, but the owner (an ETI employee) clarified that it was a genuine ETI product, built by Reace. I saw one of them at Escape's factory around that time. Its existence does support the idea that Reace has (or had) some interest in a toy hauler model.

By the way, the conventionally-constructed "Escape" models that often cause name confusion with ETI's Escapes are from K-Z, which is a division of Thor, not Forest River. But hey, if guessing the RV manufacturer, Thor and Forest River each have almost 50:50 odds.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #25

I stand corrected, thanks for clarifying, Brian.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:25 PM   #26

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Yup. Reace built that toy-hauler to accommodate his and Tammy's ATVs. Don't know when they ever had time to use them though.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:43 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Confusion

I went to a local RV dealer to get a simple replacement part. I think it was the winterizing T valve for the 19. The relatively young person behind the counter asked me what trailer we had. I told him an Escape by ETI. He said they were made by Forest River and I told him there were two “Escapes”. He told me no just one and he should know, his dealership sold them. I told him he needed to expand his knowledge base and walked away. Never went back. I do the same with hardware stores, big box stores, outdoor equipment dealers etc. My current Stihl dealer is 38 miles. I drive by three others to get there because I like the parts guy at City Tractor in North Liberty. I only buy lumber at a country lumber yards. Call me old fashioned suits me fine.
Dave
Old 12-05-2017, 05:00 PM   #28

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Confusion

Double post, sorry
Old 12-05-2017, 05:07 PM   #29

Dave,
How about we just call you old and leave the fashion to Rita.....
Old 12-05-2017, 06:09 PM   #30

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Welllll, That's not exactly true. If you got everything that I have on my trailer on a new-order unit, I calculated that one would pay $2006 more.

We bought extras that were not on the build sheet as well, and/or were unique add on's. And the base price of the units have gone up as well. Plus, you would save either a drive or delivery costs, which could amass to several thousand dollars. There is a huge convenience factor as well for those in the Midwest or the East Coast. There is something to be said for accessibility!

But, to each his own. I certainly can understand the thrill of a brand new Escape!

The reason I chose new over used was primarily the fact that the cost was about the same. The other benefits I gained are:
1. I'll be getting a brand new model.
2. The trailer will have the options that are important to me.
3. It will have brand new tires and brakes.
4. When my wife and I make the bed, we know we're the first one's sleeping in it (at least I hope... )

I certainly would have taken a used one but I just felt I would have to save money doing that. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I wasn't addressing specifically your sale. Over the last two years I have seen several. There have also been some great deals listed. I missed one right in New York State! Good luck with your sale. I wish you the best.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:25 PM   #31

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Hillbilly, it's a shame that for some reason my post has raised your ire. There was no need to progress further in the manner in which you have done.

I won't continue this in a public forum, as I was making a general statement in response to some misinformation, as well as point out the benefits of a used trailer...as others have done.

There's absolutely no doubt that a used trailer has multiple bennies...especially a tried-and-true gently used one, as also pointed out by others.

There are some points you make that simply are inaccurate, but I won't engage you point-for -point.
As I said before, I hope you enjoy your new Escape!
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:28 PM   #32

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
While ETI did build a very small number of toy haulers, they were of conventional construction, not fiberglass:
For Sale: 2012 Escape Terrain (toy hauler)

The closest things currently in production that I know of are the Happier Camper (very small, patterned after the Boler 1300 and so the size of an Escape 13') and some cargo trailers intended for motorcycles (not travel trailers). There are also some cargo trailers with moulded fiberglass shells, but not entirely self-supporting (use some framing), such as the Shuttle.

One could always try to convince Reace to do a moulded toy-hauler, but I think that would push the completion date out... by a few years, if not indefinitely!

That is very interesting, I wonder if they ever will build something along that line in the future
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:24 PM   #33

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
I don't relish going through those mountain passes with the trailer ever again, however!
Oh Addie, you're such a flatlander!

And yet you're willing to have me drive 'em to visit you if I'm in your neck of the woods.

(just teasing ya)
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:55 PM   #34

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
If you got everything that I have on my trailer on a new-order unit, I calculated that one would pay $2006 more.
I have recommended to a number of people to buy used. If prospective buyers have any budget problem with a new Escape, or just want to save thousands, they can. People can save that $2006 and much more by buying used, and that is before the cost of going to Chilliwack. And there been been a number of nearly new units going up for various reasons.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:55 AM   #35

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Heights!

Yes, NW,
Didn't I tell you that I was afraid of heights??!! I couldn't look down off of the highway of those mountains as we were driving home. Flat land and the beach is fine for me!

And yes Float, I agree. In fact with the exchange rate changing, I calculated almost $2400 difference now . Plus add other fees like brokerage fees, exchange fees, tire fees, etc.
Lots of time and effort, too. So much time spent in researching! It was exhausting.
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote