U dinette in 19 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2016, 07:33 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 escape 19
Thanks. Great idea for a place to stash a few things. With our USB ports in that area it would be a great charging station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LDRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:52 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDRay View Post
Thanks. Great idea for a place to stash a few things. With our USB ports in that area it would be a great charging station.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Your welcome . The extra 2 in under our cushions is not because we wanted to be higher , but to make cushions more comfortable . We want to recover and have 6 in when we recover . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:58 AM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
found some pictures so you can get the idea . I keep changing so just look at the shelf in the back . I have 2 ledge boards because I made a platform to raise up the floor and for right now left the Escape ledge for structural support , because I raised my dinette sitting also . The shelf can be removed . It hasn't in over 2 years . I also shortened my table . I can get you more pictures if needed . Pat
Pat,
I am thinking about doing this mod. Please let me know the size of the dinnette table. Did you reduce the size of the table yourself? How do you cut the formica and where did you buy the edging Thanks.Tonny LR
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:35 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonny LR View Post
Pat,
I am thinking about doing this mod. Please let me know the size of the dinnette table. Did you reduce the size of the table yourself? How do you cut the formica and where did you buy the edging Thanks.Tonny LR
Hi Tonny , I cut down size I now have 30 5/8 X 30 1/4 . I cut back end so my table will swivel all around . I cut the front off and am using that piece for my removable counter in front of my sink . I cut my pieces off with my table saw after I pulled the t-moulding off out of the way for the cuts . I have reinstalled the Escape slide which I also cut down . I can turn table around and slide will go back to front . Put table back in it's orignal position and table will slide side to side . I put the t-moulding back on . You might need to glue or tack a small nail to hold the ends . I have since purchased black t-moulding and will eventually change out all my t-moulding to the black . I have to put my table down every night to put my all of 30 lbs, 3 dogs, in a nylon kennel for them to sleep . I purchased my T-moulding from Rockler . You can cut the table with any saw . Put blue tape where you are cutting . When I lower my table my back shelf fills in where I cut back end off . I cut the front part of table off to make easier to get in or out even though you can slide your table over . Hope this helps . Pat
Old 05-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Pat,
Thank you very much for sharing your mod. Your instructions for shorten the table is very helpful.

Tonny LR
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonny LR View Post
Pat,
Thank you very much for sharing your mod. Your instructions for shorten the table is very helpful.

Tonny LR
No problem . If I can help in any way let me know ? Pat