Upholstery guidance - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2016, 05:24 AM   #41
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F View Post
Here's mine... It's indoor/outdoor. Ordered from Fabric.com
I've been inside Mary's trailer and the upholstery is wonderful and very much her!

ETI sure has made us all happy where we get to build a trailer that's uniquely our own , unlike those other brands that give you a choice of two... brown or blue upholstery.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:26 AM   #42

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Just for the fun of it, this is our fabric, Danegeld Chestnut. Lisa is a big paisley fan. I plan on flying mine out to Escape in December.

That's gorgeous , love the colouring . ( also a paisley fan )
Old 11-08-2016, 09:28 AM   #43

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
There are some pics in the It's Friday--the Classics thread. Takes awhile to go through them, but lots of different approaches.

This has a lot of charm . Pretty .....
Old 11-08-2016, 09:48 AM   #44

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
Quote:
There are some pics in the It's Friday--the Classics thread. Takes awhile to go through them, but lots of different approaches.

How beautiful is that! Love the curtains, too. It seems like most Escape owners don't put up curtains because the shades are good quality, but yours are a sweet touch.
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:14 AM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
Custom fabric

I went with the stock formica and custom flooring from Pioneer. Picking a custom fabric was getting to be a challenge for me as well since there are sooo many choices out there. I got lucky by going to Fabricland here in Abbotsford, and they had a section of a whole bunch of upholstery fabric on clearance! Ended up buying a nice solid coloured deep rusty/red fabric for $4.00 a meter! I bought 10 meters to be on the safe side and it all came to $44.80 with tax! Took it to Sarah last week and she said any upholstery fabric will work fine for the cushions. I was a happy camper with that purchase!
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 01:30 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Rossue, you are correct. Just checked, I am wrong. The fabric, factory or custom supplied, is made to be easily removed from the cushion. We all get a zipper.
Attached Thumbnails
cushions.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2016, 03:49 PM   #47

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:

Wish we had found something like that, Mary! And classy curtains. And the cushion fabric also reminds me somewhat of Donna's.

We have plain plain with the idea of changing pillows, and we have our own door curtain and some other decor items. If we find upholstery fabric like yours later, we can always go with it then.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:08 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
Well, I had to sign off on my build sheet today so I guess all decisions are final. As so many did, I went through so many websites and ordered so many samples that the lady at the post office was starting to ask questions! After all of that, I ended up buying a fabric relatively locally and shipping it today. (I was pleasantly surprised - it was only $25 through Canada Post and they said it would be there in 5 days.) A couple of thought and comments:

Regarding flooring options, I was a bit surprised when I got the form today to sign off on that option - it basically stated that if the flooring was damaged during construction and wasn't "easily repairable", then Escape wasn't responsible. It also said if there were any aspects of flooring that made installation more difficult, they could charge me $100 more. What would that be?? It's all sheet vinyl.
We were surprised to get this also which should be given to people as soon as they make a deposit or before. Good idea to have this information on the website.

This is my explanation, not theirs. They have had different stock floors. On our 19', we had a floor that had no lines on it. The stock floor was then changed to one with lines or blocks. When a floor is damaged, as they presumably found, if there are no lines, it makes it impossible to repair without the repair being very obvious. In addition, the flooring is a real problem if damaged because it goes underneath the cabinets.

Depending upon the design you choose for a custom floor, they cannot necessarily repair it to anyone's satisfaction. Their stock floor now has blocks. A block could be replaced and may or may not be noticeable. The stock floor we had had no way of being repaired really. No more such stock floors.

So they are putting it on you. That means though that they can charge that $100 no matter what if they damage it. Those ordering custom floors should take note. We happened to order a floor that has "wood planks" so that ours could be repaired supposedly.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #49
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
If the vinyl in my trailer gets damaged, I'll just buy a wider rug. Right now, only about 6" on each side of the runner even shows. I'm just grateful vinyl was the default. Based on the "It's Friday" pictures, ETI does a good job with cardboard protecting the floor during production. BTW: Both Scamp and Casita, vinyl is an expensive option and you don't get to choose what kind of vinyl either.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #50
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
I think you can't go wrong with whatever you choose. I chose a light-colored fabric for our cushions and bed cover which doesn't have a pattern. Coffee and Jam have dried on the cushions --with a damp cloth, all cleans well and there is no trace of spillage.

For me, the lighter colored fabrics make the inside brighter and I added color with pillow covers I made. It is easy to change these out. Everything I see at this blog is awesome and sometimes I wish I chose a different fabric. But, when we are traveling or camping, I'm thrilled with what I have, and even more thrilled to be on the road.

Lorna
P&L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #51

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA Sold
I believe Jackie is dealing with an ill family member. We're also waiting and Pioneer shared that reason with us.

Sometimes not having any idea where we're going works out better than we could possibly have imagined. Ann Patchett
runnergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:08 PM   #52

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnergirl View Post
I believe Jackie is dealing with an ill family member. We're also waiting and Pioneer shared that reason with us.
Could be, I have been communicating via email with her, and her response has not been all that prompt. No big deal though, as we are not in a hurry.

I did get a quote from her today, and was a bit shocked at the cost of the flooring. $4.23/sf plus taxes. She said Escape requires a 12x13 piece (seems like a lot), for a total all in of $739.07. Yikes, might look for a Plan B.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:09 PM   #53

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
I got an email today from Julie at ETI that said that Pip wee and Jackie were having trouble keeping u because of "sheet volume". They said email would be the best way to reach her but that's what I've been trying. I heard back from her Monday, but I'd really like to get my flooring ordered. Guess I need to just be patient.
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:11 PM   #54

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
Jim, the one I'm ordering is $3.97/sf. At least I need a smaller piece!
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #55

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
I did get a quote from her today, and was a bit shocked at the cost of the flooring. $4.23/sf plus taxes. She said Escape requires a 12x13 piece (seems like a lot), for a total all in of $739.07. Yikes, might look for a Plan B.
I had a sticker shock back in 2013 when I ordered mine. At the time, one just paid the difference in price between the custom vinyl and ETI's stock vinyl. I didn't ask the price thinking how back could it be? Ha. About $400 worth for my little 15A. Oh well, I'm glad I did it even in retrospect. I only have a small entry rug so I do see most of the floor. It turns out ETI pays so very little for the stock vinyl so the difference was significant.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:17 AM   #56

Flooring price

Quote:
Could be, I have been communicating via email with her, and her response has not been all that prompt. No big deal though, as we are not in a hurry.

Hi Jim, I dealt with Jennifer Myles at Pioneer and she told me Escape customers get 10% off. My flooring is not top of the line, but is a little higher quality than Escape's stock. I got Armstrong Cushionstep vinyl sheet flooring rated at "Good" quality for $1.50 sq ft. For my 19' order, 12x12 piece came to $241.92 inc tax. Maybe give her a call and ask for lower priced quotes. They've got a nice selection of the medium quality and lower priced flooring. Just a thought...
Old 11-10-2016, 05:11 PM   #57

I think we paid about $250. Ours is the least expensive or close. Yes, there was much more expensive flooring and I looked at that as I considered them. It was actually easy because we really like the floor design we have. It is a matter of wear. Ours may not last that long but we do use rugs in the middle. Several of us now have this floor, Armstrong through Pioneer. This is an upholstery thread that is now on floors. Go figure.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 11-11-2016, 01:09 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
I think we paid about $250. Ours is the least expensive or close. Yes, there was much more expensive flooring and I looked at that as I considered them. It was actually easy because we really like the floor design we have. It is a matter of wear. Ours may not last that long but we do use rugs in the middle. Several of us now have this floor, Armstrong through Pioneer. This is an upholstery thread that is now on floors. Go figure.
Very nice....the one we picked looks similar to yours. I know I liked it the first time I saw it! I guess we should get back to fabrics and upholstery now.
Old 11-11-2016, 03:52 PM   #59

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
I did get a quote from Jackie today, and was a bit shocked at the cost of the flooring. $4.23/sf plus taxes. She said Escape requires a 12x13 piece (seems like a lot), for a total all in of $739.07. Yikes, might look for a Plan B.
I just saved $152 on this price ordering through our flooring shop who will ship it to Abbotsford, where I will pick it up on Dec 19 when I am out there. Not a heck of a lot, but worth it for me. This time resorting to Plan B worked out to the best.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 04:44 PM   #60

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
I just saved $152 on this price ordering through our flooring shop
Are you offering to take orders Jim?