Using Cellular Shades in The Trailer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2016, 02:37 PM   #1

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Using Cellular Shades in The Trailer

Yesterday I zipped up to ETI with one of the Bali blinds that we have at home. We really want to use cellular shades in the trailer as neither of us like the type they use. Tammy and Reace were nice enough to figure out a good time for me to be there so I could hold the blind up against one of their 2017 trailers that did not have the shades installed.

THANKS much to both of them for this. I now know the shades will work wonderfully in the trailer.

The blind I used was longer and narrower than what we'll order, but it gave me a really good idea of how they'll look in there. Love it! It hung beautifully against the straighter walls of the 2017 style (we were in a 19'). However, Reace pointed out that the front and backs of the trailers still have a curve to it, so they don't hang straight down. Dirk says that's okay as he can figure something out, such as putting a strip of velco along the bottom of the frame of the blind and along the wall. We'll see what works when we get the trailer and I'll update this thread when we do (many months from now).

But, for now, here's 3 photos for you. The first one is held against the window along the curb side. there was enough room between the light fixture and the walls for the blind to fit and it would attach to the bottom of the overhead cabinet.

The next two photos show the blind along the front window, which is curved. I've tried to show how much it hangs out from the wall. They're not the best photos due to me holding the blind and then taking the photo.

I only spent a few minutes in there, so I didn't take any other photos inside the trailer. I felt very fortunate they were able to accommodate this request, so I didn't want to push my luck any by taking more photos.

So, I'm thrilled to know that we can use these blinds. Once the new 21 is out for display, we're going to zip up and take measurements so I can order the blinds. Exciting stuff!

I also took a few photos of the underseat areas of both the new 17B and 19, which will be uploaded to their own threads:

New 19:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...otos-7889.html

New 17:
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...otos-7895.html
Attached Thumbnails
DSC04329.jpg   DSC04330.jpg   DSC04331.jpg  
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:10 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Those are very similar to the blinds I used in my 17B and I really enjoyed them vs the aluminum blinds that were in there. It's not hard to fashion a tie down for the bottom rails, so Dirk will figure it out.....
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 03:29 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
I like Reace scratching his beard in the picture, or maybe he was pulling it out.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:40 PM   #4

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Those are very similar to the blinds I used in my 17B and I really enjoyed them vs the aluminum blinds that were in there. It's not hard to fashion a tie down for the bottom rails, so Dirk will figure it out.....
I remember that you had them in your previous trailer. I sent you a PM long time ago asking how you tied them down, but never heard back from you so maybe you never saw it.

Edit: Least I think it was you! I know it was someone that had previously posted on here that they had them in their trailer.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:45 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Laura,
Pretty sure I replied, but with all the stuff going on, mighta slipped the cracks.
The 17B had loops that were on each side of the base of the windows that were screwed underneath a frame screw. The loops slipped over the ends of the aluminum blind/and my new cells base rail on each side holding the rail tight to the bottom of the window. Easy on Easy off. Must have come with those loops on every window from ETI, but it would be easy to add them.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Laura,
Pretty sure I replied, but with all the stuff going on, mighta slipped the cracks.
The 17B had loops that were on each side of the base of the windows that were screwed underneath a frame screw. The loops slipped over the ends of the aluminum blind/and my new cells base rail on each side holding the rail tight to the bottom of the window. Easy on Easy off. Must have come with those loops on every window from ETI, but it would be easy to add them.
Who knows! Maybe you replied and I forgot!

Anyway, thanks for the info on the loops. I'll mention that to Dirk and see what we can come up with. Either way, I know we'll get 'em to work. Yay!