Waiting and waiting for more info on 2017 models - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2016, 03:34 PM   #1

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Waiting and waiting for more info on 2017 models

I had really hoped to find more information and photos had been posted here and to ETI's web site today. I guess there's still hope as there's a few more hours in the work day for today (Monday). All of the information on pricing for the options should be updated by Thursday at the latest, as it's really not a good idea for folks that will be placing orders on Friday to not know exactly what they'll be paying for their long anticipated trailer order.

Last night I did pricing comparisons for our 21', between what we've already paid and would have to pay for the 2017 version. I was able to figure out most of it, but some I'm unsure of since someone previously mentioned the options can vary between the trailer sizes.

I did notice some new options were listed on the Build Sheet for the 19', so that was nice to see. However, most of them are items that were already listed on their site under Accessories. Filling the propane tanks was new, so that was good to see a separate price on that, instead of how it was grouped in the Starter Kit before. And it was all listed in alphabetical order so it's much easier to find the listed items (least for me!).

(BTW, it was nice to get the link to the build sheet, which printed out much nicer than the current options list on their site - the line spacing is rather goofy when I print it.)

What would be really nice would be to see some of the frequently done (least I think they are!) options added to their lists. Such as reinforcing the inner walls (for extra support, sound insulation, ease of installing hooks/flip up counters/whatever, and just plain peace of mind). It's an option you won't know about unless you delve into this forum quite a bit. I imagine not all buyers do that or think they should.

Since I didn't look at the options/build sheet pricing for a 19', before the information on the 2017 was released, I don't know if the "cabinet door at end of bench" was on there before. I know it wasn't on mine for the 21'. And yet that's a very handy option to have included as I really don't feel like lifting up the bed all the time to access stuff underneath.

Other items that could be included that we're getting is the toilet shut-off valve, additional light switch by the door, rotating the stove top, white (instead of the standard black) belly band (which I think will look better with the graphics I'm going to put on myself) and installing Horst tank probes. I'm not saying everyone gets these, but it would be nice for potential customers to know it can be done, if they want it done and are willing to pay for it.

Some folks will get different table pedestals installed, as well as having ETI build a different sized table. Or get a different kitchen sink installed. Or shower heads. And other things that I can't think of right now. I can imagine it would be nice for the staff if they didn't have to constantly type "yes, we can reinforce the interior walls and it costs $100.00 each to do so". Hey, save on labor hours that way!

Anyway, just letting out some of my frustration here.

To those that already have a trailer or know they're far enough ahead in the queue that they won't have a choice of which version they want - no need to be a cheerleader for the company and say "it'll all get figured out eventually" or whatever. I just think all that information should have been gathered together and released on their web site, as well as posted to this forum, when the first photos were unveiled. (Which were early, but probably frustrated some folks that read on their site it would be on March 24th and they didn't come back here until then and wondered where the information was, since it wasn't updated on their site to that effect.)
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:46 PM   #2

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Okay I must be slow on the uptake here. Laura/Dirk you say you found the build sheet to print out, may I ask where you found it on the ETI website. I wouldn't mind having one myself.

Thanks,
Steve M
Steven M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:05 PM   #3

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
Okay I must be slow on the uptake here. Laura/Dirk you say you found the build sheet to print out, may I ask where you found it on the ETI website. I wouldn't mind having one myself.

Thanks,
Steve M
First post on this thread by Reace:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f2...ions-7403.html

PS, it's Laura doing all the posting. Dirk isn't interesting in joining my new cult - the Escape Forum cult where you spend hours on end each day. HA!
Old 03-28-2016, 06:11 PM   #4

Trailer: "The Noble Nest" 2016 Escape 21
Stat Holiday

ETI may be closed today for Easter Monday. I am sure they will ramp up info this week for Fridays 2017 orders. This is all growing pains for them too.
Cheers
kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:20 PM   #5
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
I had really hoped to find more information and photos had been posted here and to ETI's web site today. I guess there's still hope as there's a few more hours in the work day for today (Monday). All of the information on pricing for the options should be updated by Thursday at the latest, as it's really not a good idea for folks that will be placing orders on Friday to not know exactly what they'll be paying for their long anticipated trailer order.

Last night I did pricing comparisons for our 21', between what we've already paid and would have to pay for the 2017 version. I was able to figure out most of it, but some I'm unsure of since someone previously mentioned the options can vary between the trailer sizes.

I did notice some new options were listed on the Build Sheet for the 19', so that was nice to see. However, most of them are items that were already listed on their site under Accessories. Filling the propane tanks was new, so that was good to see a separate price on that, instead of how it was grouped in the Starter Kit before. And it was all listed in alphabetical order so it's much easier to find the listed items (least for me!).

(BTW, it was nice to get the link to the build sheet, which printed out much nicer than the current options list on their site - the line spacing is rather goofy when I print it.)

What would be really nice would be to see some of the frequently done (least I think they are!) options added to their lists. Such as reinforcing the inner walls (for extra support, sound insulation, ease of installing hooks/flip up counters/whatever, and just plain peace of mind). It's an option you won't know about unless you delve into this forum quite a bit. I imagine not all buyers do that or think they should.

Since I didn't look at the options/build sheet pricing for a 19', before the information on the 2017 was released, I don't know if the "cabinet door at end of bench" was on there before. I know it wasn't on mine for the 21'. And yet that's a very handy option to have included as I really don't feel like lifting up the bed all the time to access stuff underneath.

Other items that could be included that we're getting is the toilet shut-off valve, additional light switch by the door, rotating the stove top, white (instead of the standard black) belly band (which I think will look better with the graphics I'm going to put on myself) and installing Horst tank probes. I'm not saying everyone gets these, but it would be nice for potential customers to know it can be done, if they want it done and are willing to pay for it.

Some folks will get different table pedestals installed, as well as having ETI build a different sized table. Or get a different kitchen sink installed. Or shower heads. And other things that I can't think of right now. I can imagine it would be nice for the staff if they didn't have to constantly type "yes, we can reinforce the interior walls and it costs $100.00 each to do so". Hey, save on labor hours that way!

Anyway, just letting out some of my frustration here.

To those that already have a trailer or know they're far enough ahead in the queue that they won't have a choice of which version they want - no need to be a cheerleader for the company and say "it'll all get figured out eventually" or whatever. I just think all that information should have been gathered together and released on their web site, as well as posted to this forum, when the first photos were unveiled. (Which were early, but probably frustrated some folks that read on their site it would be on March 24th and they didn't come back here until then and wondered where the information was, since it wasn't updated on their site to that effect.)
LOL Laura you and I think so much alike it scares me.
I admire your honesty and tenacity, a real earthshaker
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:24 PM   #6

Thanks Laura, I wish there was a 21 build sheet but that will do. I was hoping that it wasn't the cats posting.

Steve M
Old 03-28-2016, 08:30 PM   #7
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
All I can ask for is patience! Tammy and my youngest daughter have been away on a school field trip to Europe for the last 2 weeks. I was under strict warning not to touch the website! That is Tammy's baby that she is working on with the web guy. She has only returned this past weekend and has been working diligently to update the standard features and options lists. I know it should be an easy update, however there were still some unknowns until just recently.

On Wednesday there will be photos of the 2017 17' exterior. The 21' molds are still about a month away.

Reace
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post
All I can ask for is patience! Tammy and my youngest daughter have been away on a school field trip to Europe for the last 2 weeks. I was under strict warning not to touch the website! That is Tammy's baby that she is working on with the web guy. She has only returned this past weekend and has been working diligently to update the standard features and options lists. I know it should be an easy update, however there were still some unknowns until just recently.

On Wednesday there will be photos of the 2017 17' exterior. The 21' molds are still about a month away.

Reace
Reace,

I guess this means that ordering the 21 will be essentially blind. I'm guessing here that the outside is basically a longer 19, and you had stated earlier, in another thread that the interior wasn't changing much. So I can still go ahead on 01 April (if I get through) and place an order to get into the production schedule.

Peace, Steve M
Old 03-28-2016, 10:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks Laura, I wish there was a 21 build sheet but that will do. I was hoping that it wasn't the cats posting.

Steve M
Well, Spike, the big 16+ pound kitty, does like to get on the desk and lay his head on the corner of my curved keyboard and/or my left hand. And he's been known to hit keys that I really don't want him to hit. Although, he's never started to type "as$" like someone else mentioned in a different thread. HA! I've also been known to put away the keyboard when he's in a lovey dovey mood as it's impossible to keep him away and to use the computer at the same time. And when he stands up he completely blocks the screen and I have a wide monitor! But, it's great he does this as he was a feral kitty that took me over a year just to touch, never mind feel comfortable letting him inside. After 5 months he's a complete house cat and loves his comfort.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post

Reace
Thanks for this info. Any idea on when we can see what the interior looks like? And when someone (like me!) can come up to see the display model with the interior completed? And use the electric awning? Any information on the medicine cabinet? Many are pondering that addition.
Old 03-29-2016, 12:22 AM   #11

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Didn't we all order the 2016? Aren't we all waiting? But shouldn't we, all soon to be 2016 owners, be grateful ETI gives us the choice between "old" or "new"? Have some faith, be a little patient! And appreciate a little more all the hard work in progress instead of complaining!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:52 AM   #12

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Reace,

I guess this means that ordering the 21 will be essentially blind. I'm guessing here that the outside is basically a longer 19, and you had stated earlier, in another thread that the interior wasn't changing much. So I can still go ahead on 01 April (if I get through) and place an order to get into the production schedule.

Peace, Steve M
I fail to see any blindness, the exteriors are alone identical other than length and the windows would be the same, no interior changes except for sink and stove which will be up soon. I'm sure if you are dissatisfied next month, ETI will accommodate you.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:20 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 E21
Besides, a husband under "a strict warning" constitutes a complete defense.

Glenn
Old 03-29-2016, 11:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I fail to see any blindness, the exteriors are alone identical other than length and the windows would be the same, no interior changes except for sink and stove which will be up soon. I'm sure if you are dissatisfied next month, ETI will accommodate you.
Jim,

Quite basically that is what I said, and I doubt I will find myself dissatisfied. Peace, Steve M
Old 03-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #15

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I guess no one picked up on my "failure to see blindness" comment......?? I thought it was sly.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:53 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Didn't we all order the 2016? Aren't we all waiting? But shouldn't we, all soon to be 2016 owners, be grateful ETI gives us the choice between "old" or "new"? Have some faith, be a little patient! And appreciate a little more all the hard work in progress instead of complaining!
Marry,

My thing is that I haven't ordered at all. I'm not really complaining I just wish that the 21 molds were ready. I know Reace doesn't have the control on this he probably wishes he did. Anticipation and excitement is what I have right now. Things will happen when they happen . I will be ordering as I said on the 1st of April with everyone else . I don't think that I will be disappointed by Reace or anyone at ETI. Now my only worry will be getting a production slot .

Peace ,
Steve M
Old 03-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #17

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I guess no one picked up on my "failure to see blindness" comment......?? I thought it was sly.
Lol...... you are sly !!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #18

Trailer: 2014 19'
I sympathize with these people and their frustration trying to make a major purchase and not having all the pictures to view (they are trying to make a decision "blind"). And I feel they have every right to complain as it may help them come to a reasonable accommodation.

ETI has shown that they try to resolve complaints and folks that don't complain will not see any action. My hope is that ETI will extend the April 1st 'action' date by at least a day for every day these folks wait for complete information to make a decision, pictures and documentation of the 2017 models.

In my personal experience with ETI I told them we did not want to have a trailer built with a weak refrigerator. I was assured it would all work out and we picked up our new 2014 19'. Many people assured me on this Forum that "I" should trust ETI.

A year later, after a trip to ETI and $250. dollars my RML was swapped to a RMD which is still 'weak' but not as bad as the RMD. And now, in 2017 the 19' gets a bigger door and new refrigerator model.

ETI does it's best to choose components to install in their trailers and I blame the manufacturer of the refrigerator, Dometic, for selling it to them. ETI trusted Dometic and should ... Dometic let them down.

The 2017 models will have strengths and weakness's ... having pictures and documentation of features and option allow the purchaser the flexibility of choice. When I saw the pictures I thought 'whoops' the new 19' won't have a refrigerator problem .. but maybe an awning problem ... time will tell.

After my experience with our 2014 19' purchasing experience I feel these folks have a right to complain, research, etc. to their heart's content. It's too much money on the table to simply 'trust' any company. And this Forum should be a place they are free to express themselves and hopefully find what makes them comfortable parting with their cash and hitting the road!
Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 12:00 PM   #19

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
I sympathize with these people and their frustration trying to make a major purchase and not having all the pictures to view (they are trying to make a decision "blind"). And I feel they have every right to complain as it may help them come to a reasonable accommodation.

ETI has shown that they try to resolve complaints and folks that don't complain will not see any action. My hope is that ETI will extend the April 1st 'action' date by at least a day for every day these folks wait for complete information to make a decision, pictures and documentation of the 2017 models.

In my personal experience with ETI I told them we did not want to have a trailer built with a weak refrigerator. I was assured it would all work out and we picked up our new 2014 19'. Many people assured me on this Forum that "I" should trust ETI.

A year later, after a trip to ETI and $250. dollars my RML was swapped to a RMD which is still 'weak' but not as bad as the RMD. And now, in 2017 the 19' gets a bigger door and new refrigerator model.

ETI does it's best to choose components to install in their trailers and I blame the manufacturer of the refrigerator, Dometic, for selling it to them. ETI trusted Dometic and should ... Dometic let them down.

The 2017 models will have strengths and weakness's ... having pictures and documentation of features and option allow the purchaser the flexibility of choice. When I saw the pictures I thought 'whoops' the new 19' won't have a refrigerator problem .. but maybe an awning problem ... time will tell.

After my experience with our 2014 19' purchasing experience I feel these folks have a right to complain, research, etc. to their heart's content. It's too much money on the table to simply 'trust' any company. And this Forum should be a place they are free to express themselves and hopefully find what makes them comfortable parting with their cash and hitting the road!
well said Klem and my thoughts also ! thumb:Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:18 PM   #20

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Boy, I just don't understand the problem here...I guess I'm obtuse. If one is uncomfortable ordering something then don't order it until you have all the facts you need. I don't see any "blindness" either as the exterior picture has been posted and the comments have been made that the interior construction changes are minimal. Other than the medicine cabinet and change in the awning (and change to SS stove and sink), what's left to know? Those who have ordered the 2016 model don't have to change a thing (they're only putting the pressure on themselves) if they don't want to although I find that an unexpected and surprising option that ETI has offered.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote