We just changed our build from 17B to 19 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
We just changed our build from 17B to 19

At the time that we ordered our 17B, we had not yet had an opportunity to see an actual Escape except in pictures.

Shortly after placing our order, we had an opportunity to see a couple of 19's locally. While we liked the 19 and loved the roomy feel, we still felt good about ordering the 17B because we felt like the layout of the 17, with two separate seating areas, would give us the flexibility that we wanted.

As time went by, as I'm bad to do, I started second guessing myself a bit. So I really wanted to see a 17B up close before we were past the point of no return.

This past Sunday, it turns out that our very own Jon Vermilye was going to be camping about 20 minutes from my moms's house, so there was my chance.

So after seeing Jon's camper, while there was nothing at all that I dis-liked about it, and I still felt like it would be the perfect camper for us right now, while we are still working and only taking short trips, we decided that for the long run, the 19 would probably work better for us when we start taking longer trips and spending more time in it.

Our goal all along was for this to be the one and only camper that we bought. So I reached out to Escape yesterday and let them know that we had decided to move up to the 19. And of course, they were more than happy to take more money from us . So now, instead of the 2016 17B, we will be taking delivery of a 2016 19. Same build date of August 3rd.

While it will be a bit more money now, we know that it would be a lot more money later to get into a 19 if we waited until retirement.
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:39 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
At the time that we ordered our 17B, we had not yet had an opportunity to see an actual Escape except in pictures.

Shortly after placing our order, we had an opportunity to see a couple of 19's locally. While we liked the 19 and loved the roomy feel, we still felt good about ordering the 17B because we felt like the layout of the 17, with two separate seating areas, would give us the flexibility that we wanted.

As time went by, as I'm bad to do, I started second guessing myself a bit. So I really wanted to see a 17B up close before we were past the point of no return.

This past Sunday, it turns out that our very own Jon Vermilye was going to be camping about 20 minutes from my moms's house, so there was my chance.

So after seeing Jon's camper, while there was nothing at all that I dis-liked about it, and I still felt like it would be the perfect camper for us right now, while we are still working and only taking short trips, we decided that for the long run, the 19 would probably work better for us when we start taking longer trips and spending more time in it.

Our goal all along was for this to be the one and only camper that we bought. So I reached out to Escape yesterday and let them know that we had decided to move up to the 19. And of course, they were more than happy to take more money from us . So now, instead of the 2016 17B, we will be taking delivery of a 2016 19. Same build date of August 3rd.

While it will be a bit more money now, we know that it would be a lot more money later to get into a 19 if we waited until retirement.
Good choice. You cannot go wrong with the 19' (no matter what those naysayers with other sizes of Escapes say). We have a 19' and are very happy with it.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Welcome to the "I was going to buy a 17 but switched to a 19 club"

Now that we've got lot's of miles on ours we don't regret the decision for a second. We especially are glad to have the extra dinette space.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Planning for the long run! Smart! Would have done the same. Now on to the build sheet! Best wishes for everything!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Planning for the long run! Smart! Would have done the same. Now on to the build sheet! Best wishes for everything!
Really no need to change the build sheet. We had already locked in all of our options for the 17B, so that translated over very well. We actually came out a little better with the 19. On the 17, we had paid for a larger fridge, and an exterior storage hatch. Both of those come standard with the 19.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:59 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Welcome to the "19ers."
I'm assuming you stayed with the "Classic" which will soon formulate another club possibility. Maybe a "Classic" gathering down the road?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Welcome to the "19ers."
I'm assuming you stayed with the "Classic" which will soon formulate another club possibility. Maybe a "Classic" gathering down the road?
We definitely stayed with the classic. I saw nothing on the new and improved that I felt like I had to have. And a classic gathering sounds good to me
Old 04-05-2016, 02:46 PM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Glad to hear you had second thoughts too! We started out looking at a 19' locally, thought it was nice, then saw a 21' and thought it was nicer so ordered it, then sight unseen switched our order to a 5.0TA because we thought it was the nicest!

We didn't like that the 21' bed was the same size as our Casita's, and we didn't like the idea of crawling over each other in the 19' like we had to in our Casita, so when thinking about it, the 5.0TA was the glass slipper.

Oh, the 2 kids? They factored in to all of it as well!
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 02:51 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Congratulations from another 19 owner. I went back & forth until I saw a 19, and there was no looking back. At 5'5" tall the standard dinette works as my special u dinette - I can stretch out on either bench. Also, I can stretch out vertically and the Queen size bed is great.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:21 PM   #10

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
You didn't need best wishes; happened already. Time to relax, reflect, and be happy! Cheers on another classic!! (from another classic fan)
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:32 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Now was the time to do it. It just saves a lot of time and money to get it right the first time. We were sure it was the 19 but once we compared the trailers side by side in Chilliwack, we ended up ordering the 21. Enjoy. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 03:37 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:

Sitting over here in Cookeville laughing.
Good Choice!
Old 04-05-2016, 04:13 PM   #13

Trailer: 2016 21' Classic
Congrats Greg and Teresa. Yes, a Classic rally sounds like a great idea. Who knows-maybe Escape will become the official State camper.
titanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 07:44 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Nathan, from what you've written I think the 5.0 will suit your family. If we were traveling with kids, I'd want a 5.0 too.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountrykamper View Post
Sitting over here in Cookeville laughing.
Good Choice!
I knew that you would get a kick out of it Tom. Of course, now that means two 19's at the eggcamper rallies with the same graphics, since we liked your colors so much. Of course, there will be a big truck in front of yours so they should be easy to tell apart
Old 04-05-2016, 09:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanizer View Post
Congrats Greg and Teresa. Yes, a Classic rally sounds like a great idea. Who knows-maybe Escape will become the official State camper.
It does sound like Tennnessee was well represented on 4/1 for new orders, so perhaps it will
Old 04-05-2016, 09:48 PM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
That's awesome- you just skipped one two-foot itis
Rossue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:22 AM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
I knew that you would get a kick out of it Tom. Of course, now that means two 19's at the eggcamper rallies with the same graphics, since we liked your colors so much. Of course, there will be a big truck in front of yours so they should be easy to tell apart

Classic Tennessee Twins!
Old 04-06-2016, 11:37 AM   #19

Well, after a night of sleeping on it, we are more convinced than ever that we've made the correct choice now. August 3rd will be here before we know it. Of course, I keep hoping/waiting for that call or email from ETI telling us that our build date has been moved up with their expanded production capacity.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:55 AM   #20

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Well, after a night of sleeping on it, we are more convinced than ever that we've made the correct choice now. August 3rd will be here before we know it. Of course, I keep hoping/waiting for that call or email from ETI telling us that our build date has been moved up with their expanded production capacity.
Now we're sure about this aren't we? There is still the 21 or the 5.OTA to consider. But I have to be serious about one thing. That time is going to fly by and your build sheet will be due before you know it. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote