What new features would you like? - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-17-2016, 07:54 AM   #71
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
One thing we all may be missing here in determining what items should or not be standard, is Escape's point of view!! By making items standard, such as location of lights, type of water heater, refrigerator model, Escape can preplan items and purchase them in bulk, they can standardize plumbing and electrical wiring harness and wiring runs all of which would make their production smoother and quicker. This is why Airstreams do not make changes, their units have all been made, on paper, and they know the cost and thus the selling price in order to make a profit. An Airstream can be made in less than 2 days, not bad considering some are close to 30' long, because they have standardized their production.
This can be good for Escape for several reasons, they can order in bulk, they can effectively calculate their profit timely, considering the market changes all of which helps both them and the customerIn addition standardization would lead to elimination of the, at present, one year order backlog.
So which do you want, customization and a long wait or standard with a short wait?

Old 01-17-2016, 08:27 AM   #72

Trailer: 2000 Honda TRX 300
I would like to see the option to get 4 ea. recessed "D" rings put in the
outboard corners of the hall walk way thru fastened to the frame. This
would allow the ability to secure items to the floor during portage.

Also I loved the thought of the Dicor 4 way pneumatic table that was
mentioned in this thread

Dinette table pedestal

1vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #73

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
One thing we all may be missing here in determining what items should or not be standard, is Escape's point of view!! By making items standard, such as location of lights, type of water heater, refrigerator model, Escape can preplan items and purchase them in bulk, they can standardize plumbing and electrical wiring harness and wiring runs all of which would make their production smoother and quicker. This is why Airstreams do not make changes, their units have all been made, on paper, and they know the cost and thus the selling price in order to make a profit. An Airstream can be made in less than 2 days, not bad considering some are close to 30' long, because they have standardized their production.
This can be good for Escape for several reasons, they can order in bulk, they can effectively calculate their profit timely, considering the market changes all of which helps both them and the customerIn addition standardization would lead to elimination of the, at present, one year order backlog.
So which do you want, customization and a long wait or standard with a short wait?
Hi: cpaharley2008... Most of the "Stickies" we saw at Tampa RV show looked like they were built in 2 hrs. not two days. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:26 AM   #74

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Alf
We went to an RV show a couple years ago and looked at some campers. There was one there that had a wall by the door that had all of the instrumentation mounted on it. Four different " gauges", thermostat, holding tank, battery level etc. However, three of them were not even close to level and none were evenly spaced or lined up. It was a mid $30K unit. Looked like a sixth grader put it together. Well probably not even.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 10:58 AM   #75

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
No brown for us either after the last one! I think they use brown so much to hide stains. It is nice to see all of the other colors people are getting which has included just about everything in Escapes by now.
Yeah, several salesmen told me that was why everyone used brown.

And I agree, even if I don't like a pattern/color someone has picked, I know *they* like it and it's fun to see what all everyone comes up with. Mine is a medium purple, which I know not everyone will like, but I love it and that's what counts. I get to live in it. (My husband knows if I'm happy, he's happy, so he's letting me make those decisions.)
Old 01-17-2016, 11:03 AM   #76

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I want things my way. I don't want no stinkin' bathroom, yet a 17' trailer (of any make) wasn't going to work with my Newfoundland and Golden Retriever. I couldn't be happier with my bathroom free 19. I had to wait a year for it and that's just cost of having it my way.

I replaced the thermostat with a digital one. The Atwood is just a pain and doesn't seem consistent with the quality of the trailer.

I love my pnuematic pedestal, I'll bet it's option shortly.
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:21 AM   #77

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
A topper for the dinette bed.
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:11 PM   #78

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturski View Post
I want things my way. I don't want no stinkin' bathroom, yet a 17' trailer (of any make) wasn't going to work with my Newfoundland and Golden Retriever. I couldn't be happier with my bathroom free 19. I had to wait a year for it and that's just cost of having it my way.
So, what's in that area? Did they leave out the surrounding wall/door? I'd be most interested in seeing a picture of that area.

Do the dogs sleep on the permanent bed and you get the smaller one for yourself? Not exactly small dogs, are they?
Old 01-17-2016, 05:40 PM   #79

Trailer: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturski View Post

I replaced the thermostat with a digital one. The Atwood is just a pain and doesn't seem consistent with the quality of the trailer.

I love my pnuematic pedestal, I'll bet it's option shortly.
I am assuming you are single . Your approach would not pass muster with my traveling companions. I like our dog but I like my wife even more.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:46 PM   #80

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I am assuming you are single . Your approach would not pass muster with my traveling companions. I like our dog but I like my wife even more.
I think Mary's favorite thing about our trailer vs our old tent days, is being able to use the bathroom after bedtime, especially on cold nights.

SAE Towing Standard "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote