What's the "starter kit"? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2015, 12:48 PM   #21

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
During my recent month long motor home rental I used the two ply from Costco (their brand). I was part of another forum at the time and lots of folks said it worked just fine. It's what we use at home and it's fairly cushy to the tushy. As long as I used plenty of water when flushing the tank, it was fine. I found out the hard way I wasn't using enough water when flushing. Used more water and things were fine.

Having a compactable and flexible sewer hose made a big difference. Sometimes I was parked close to the sewer hookup and other times I wasn't. Some of the campsites required you to have the attachment that screws in to the hookup, while others didn't have a screw-in and you just plunked the hose (with the attachment) in there. (Don't worry, the hose doesn't fall through.)

I learned a lot during the trip just by asking others parked next to me. They were all willing to come over to help when I asked for it. I just told them I was new to this and would appreciate some help. (And I lost count of how many women told me they didn't know how to do all that and left it all to their husbands, including the driving, when they discovered I was doing this on my own. Jeez.)

A fair amount of folks used this slinky type set up to put under their sewer hose. Don't know what they're called, but I could see the advantage of it, especially if you're parked somewhere for a while. It's supposed to make the water and stuff flow better into the septic tanks. It raises up the hose so it's not sitting flat on the ground. I did get kind of tired of lifting the hose up and down to make sure everything was out of there. Hopefully the slinky thingies would help with that.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&L View Post
Can we obtain the RinoFlex at ETI when we picked up our trailer? If not, where did you get yours? We want to make sure the pieces fit properly.
Yes, Escape sells them at the factory (at least I saw one on the shelf when I was there) but you can get them in lots of places. We ordered from Amazon. Don't worry about the fittings, they're standard sized.

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-39761-Rh.../dp/B002OUMVWY