where to terminate battery monitor wires? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-04-2016, 08:49 AM   #31

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
That's a great spot Don, did you caulk or Velcro it in place?

Old 06-04-2016, 10:54 AM   #32

Trailer: 2014 19' Escape
I used VHB tape.

Old 06-04-2016, 03:51 PM   #33

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonF View Post
I used VHB tape.
I like your solution, can't get the shunt any closer to the batteries then that. Off topic a bit, I did not get the box, but have the two 6v and had never seen a pic of them installed in the box. Is there a cover that goes over the top of that battery setup or is that the way they are in the box?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:00 PM   #34

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
I like your solution, can't get the shunt any closer to the batteries then that. Off topic a bit, I did not get the box, but have the two 6v and had never seen a pic of them installed in the box. Is there a cover that goes over the top of that battery setup or is that the way they are in the box?
Hi Gregg ,yes there is a piece of ply for the top . Made mine a little better so it will stay there unless I remove it . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #35

Trailer: ex Casita/ 2016 Escape 21 '16 TRD 4x4
I had a 2030 in my Casita and I loved it. My new 21 has already been built and the original requester didn't have the cable added (everything else but), so I will have to run the wires myself. I know that the 21 has the batteries under the bench seats, and I would like to put it above the fridge. How hard would this be? Would I have to remove the fridge to do it? (That would allow me to insulate the space around the fridge and run the wires, but I would rather skip this step.)
Jerry 2016 21
July 6 p.u.
jerryandmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 09:53 PM   #36

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape born Dec 28, 2016, Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryandmaria View Post
I had a 2030 in my Casita and I loved it. My new 21 has already been built and the original requester didn't have the cable added (everything else but), so I will have to run the wires myself. I know that the 21 has the batteries under the bench seats, and I would like to put it above the fridge. How hard would this be? Would I have to remove the fridge to do it? (That would allow me to insulate the space around the fridge and run the wires, but I would rather skip this step.)
Jerry 2016 21
July 6 p.u.
good question. I wonder......

did you ever resolve this?

good luck.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:31 AM   #37

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
From working on my 5.0, which should be the same, I believe you will have to pull the fridge.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:40 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiginpetaluma View Post
I agree with Bob and Brian, routing the negative to be installed to the shunt is the most difficult part. If your batteries, solar controller, inverter, and WFCO are in different locations things get more complicated.
With the U=shaped dinette on the 21 all those components are in the same location, so installation is somewhat simple and straight forward.
I'm not to familiar with the layout on the 19, but seems they are spread out.
On our (yet to be built) 2017 we are getting dual 6v batteries, dual roof solar, and also an all plug 120v inverter.

No u shaped dinette.

I'm assuming all (most?) of this stuff will be in the passenger curb dinette bench?

...and if yes.... how hard will it be for a bonehead such as myself to install the 500 Amp/50mV shunt?

(the Trimetric website suggested that with our setup that shunt is more suitable, and won't overheat when running bigger loads on the inverter)

and... i'm going to have ETI pre-wire the 4 lead wire in during build, from near battery box to the cabinet above the wardrobe. (not getting microwave)

thanks
Old 08-31-2016, 05:29 PM   #39

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
On our (yet to be built) 2017 we are getting dual 6v batteries, dual roof solar, and also an all plug 120v inverter.

No u shaped dinette.

[B]I'm assuming all (most?) of this stuff will be in the passenger curb dinette bench?
My understanding is that with a current (2016 or 2017, first or second generation) Escape 19' the battery or batteries are on the tongue (in the optional storage box is so equipped, individual boxes otherwise). The inverter is presumably near the converter and distribution panel (which is in the street side dinette seat).

Some 19's do have the battery or batteries in the passenger side dinette bench, either as original equipment (but they're no longer built that way), or as a modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
.... how hard will it be for a bonehead such as myself to install the 500 Amp/50mV shunt? )
I find it difficult to accurately predict how hard will it be for a bonehead such as myself to install or fix stuff. Anyone else... even harder to say.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 06:02 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
My understanding is that with a current (2016 or 2017, first or second generation) Escape 19' the battery or batteries are on the tongue (in the optional storage box is so equipped, individual boxes otherwise). The inverter is presumably near the converter and distribution panel (which is in the street side dinette seat).

Some 19's do have the battery or batteries in the passenger side dinette bench, either as original equipment (but they're no longer built that way), or as a modification.

I find it difficult to accurately predict how hard will it be for a bonehead such as myself to install or fix stuff. Anyone else... even harder to say.
sorry - i forgot to mention.... 21' (not a 19')