Yippee! A new 21’ Escape! - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2019, 07:06 PM   #21

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21' on order to be pulled by 2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
North Cascades NP is beautiful but not always open in May. I passed on going there several times and then when we had solar put on the 21 in August of 2017 we went. Still snow in the high areas. Did not have reservations but got a good site in the campground. Had a deadline back home so did not stay long. I could easily stay a week there. Wonderful visitor center and great views.
Iowa Dave
Hoping for passable roads in mid May. Want to get our national park stamp! But the Canada road to Osoyoos would be good too, if the Cascades don't work out.
GaryandEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:09 PM   #22

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21' on order to be pulled by 2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post

All of the changes do add up, so one has to stop somewhere!
Isn't that the truth?! We had some things on there and then took them off. Things that could be added later, like Umbra hooks and whatnot. With our Casita, we travelled awhile before we made some decisions about how we like to use the spaces.
GaryandEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:46 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape 2019 21'
We picked up our 21' on 01/16/19. We had no idea such options were available and I wish we did.
vmomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:41 AM   #24

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmomara View Post
We picked up our 21' on 01/16/19. We had no idea such options were available and I wish we did.
]

Yes! It took us a good two months of researching the forum to find these options and customizations.
We wound up getting several more standard options this second time around.

But we also did some logical customizing too. Such as, adding strategically placed outdoor lights and indoor receptacles. I also got a higher “throne “, as my muscles are quite weak. Then, we are having the back cushions halved, so they’re not as unwieldy.

Perhaps the biggest item we changed was the U-shaped dinette. We are going with the Springfield pedestal, and cutting down the standard table so when the table is recessed, putting a cushion on it will make this area into a lounge.

Then, we customized the fabric. I chose a fabric that (I believe) is safer, (polyurethane), with out PVC or toxic chemicals.

I’ll have to start a thread about that, as I’d like to share the discount resources I’ve found that supplies this fabric. ($17-$30/yd as opposed to $70/yd.). Of course, it’s hit or miss regarding the colors that they have.

It’s called Ultrafabrics Brisa. Unlike vinyl, it’s “breathable “. Feels like butter! It stays cooler in warm weather and vice versa. No sticking to your skin either.

So, my recommendation for any future Escape owner is to research everything! Make your new Escape truly functional and your own.
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:43 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryandEllen View Post
Isn't that the truth?! We had some things on there and then took them off. Things that could be added later, like Umbra hooks and whatnot. With our Casita, we travelled awhile before we made some decisions about how we like to use the spaces.
Agree...Now I have to research the finer things like where to put the Umbra hooks, and other changes for storage, kitchen utensils, etc.
I’m saving tips and ideas from any and all resources!
Old 11-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You will probably want to arrive early in Chillliwack and stay at Best Western located right next door. Then on day of orientation travel to Sumas and then head right back to Chilliwack to check out (ask for a late check out) and then drive over to Osoyoos from Chilliwack, a beautiful drive.

This is great! Thanks! We’ll start planning that phase soon.
Old 11-05-2019, 10:14 AM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I picked up my Escape 21 in early April 2014. I took interstate highways to Seattle, then went north on I-5 to Bellingham, then I took state roads to cross into Canada at Sumas. I don't recall problems with weather on that route. I hope you enjoy your Escape as much as I have mine.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lewis View Post
I picked up my Escape 21 in early April 2014. I took interstate highways to Seattle, then went north on I-5 to Bellingham, then I took state roads to cross into Canada at Sumas. I don't recall problems with weather on that route. I hope you enjoy your Escape as much as I have mine.
Thanks! That’s the route we took picking up our first Escape in September A few years ago. Relatively straightforward.