Amazon follies - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2018, 09:40 AM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
On a side note, I used an Amazon locker for a shipment while on the road.
I use an Amazon locker even here at home. It's available at a convenience store (24 hour) about a mile from me. Dang Porch Pirates anyway. It's easier to drive a mile to pickup than dealing with the hassles of theft of packages.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:41 AM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Amazon will deliver to campgrounds with an address too. My buddy was getting all kinds of things sent his way.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:44 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Amazon will deliver to campgrounds with an address too. My buddy was getting all kinds of things sent his way.
It depends on the campground. There are at least some COE campgrounds that no longer accept packages - Bolding Mill in Georgia for example. I found a way around it, but according to the hosts, they were told no more packages except for host sites.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #24

Quote:
It depends on the campground. There are at least some COE campgrounds that no longer accept packages - Bolding Mill in Georgia for example. I found a way around it, but according to the hosts, they were told no more packages except for host sites.
I guess it would be advisable to check first. At two different commercial campgrounds he had no problem. UPS would deliver right to the site, USPS only to the office.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-05-2018, 09:58 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I guess it would be advisable to check first. At two different commercial campgrounds he had no problem. UPS would deliver right to the site, USPS only to the office.
Asking sorta worked. I asked a groundsman about packages, he said sure, & gave me the address. I ordered $200.00 worth of camera filters, then on the day before they were going to arrive mentioned to one of the hosts that I'd moved sites so they would know where the package needed to go. The host informed me that they don't accept packages & it would be refused. Can you say nervous?

I eventually found the groundsman again, and he lives in a trailer just on the edge of the park, and FexEx will deliver to him - he took delivery & got the package to me.

The reason the host gave for not accepting packages or allowing them to be delivered in the park is concern about package bombs. What a world!

The lockers seem to be a great idea. They are a well protected unit that sits outside the building - you can pick up your shipment any time of day. They email a # that opens the locker door. They hold it for 10 days or so...
Old 04-05-2018, 10:04 AM   #26

Quote:
The reason the host gave for not accepting packages or allowing them to be delivered in the park is concern about package bombs. What a world!

The lockers seem to be a great idea. They are a well protected unit that sits outside the building - you can pick up your shipment any time of day. They email a # that opens the locker door. They hold it for 10 days or so...
That's crazy paranoia there.

I had not heard of these lockers before. Is it an option under shipping address?
Old 04-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #27

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17b
Here you go, I was curious as well
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=6442600011
Kootenay couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay couple View Post
Here you go, I was curious as well
https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=6442600011
Good for US travel, but in Canada only available in Vancouver and Toronto.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
This is interesting; thanks for the info. But it looks like there are no lockers in my home area yet. Might be useful when I'm on the road, though.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 12:53 PM   #30

Trailer: Will get an Escape 19 some day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay couple View Post
We have always had good luck but the overpackaging of most of their items is insane.

Same here, the worst case was Amazon sending 20 small packets of freeze dried food (4.06 oz Pro-Paks from Mountain House) in 7 separate large boxes. And when I say large boxes, I mean big enough for me to get into and sit down and I am not a little gal.

Edited to add: and they didn't even have the excuse that they were sent from separate facilities, because they were all sent from the same warehouse in Kent, WA, at the same time! And they weren't even packed well, just a handful of those air filled plastic bags rattling around with the packets of food. Yeesh.
Y is Me is offline   Reply With Quote