Brought My New Trailer Home - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-19-2016, 12:21 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,052
I was picturing something smaller - that can carry a substantial pile of tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabeck View Post
You are such a teaser ........here we thought it was your new TA
Well, it is a Tandem Axle trailer...
__________________

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:33 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Ah,,,,
I thought it WAS the new one, but just with one of Daubsy's
stealth paint jobs on it!
Well, it is a new one. Just not an Escape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne H View Post
You had me going there for a minute! !
Sawwy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I was picturing something smaller - that can carry a substantial pile of tools.
I will be outfitting it over the next while to carry all my work tools. No more keeping some things stored, and not having them with me when needed.

As well, I will be cleaning up my 2013 F-350, and putting it on the market. It will be the first time in almost 30 years I will not have a 3/4 ton or 1 ton pickup, with beastly pulling power.
__________________

__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:27 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Posts: 7,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
It will be the first time in almost 30 years I will not have a 3/4 ton or 1 ton pickup, with beastly pulling power.
Don't worry Jim. As you pass the gas pumps and laugh, it'll ease the pain.
__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Don't worry Jim. As you pass the gas pumps and laugh, it'll ease the pain.
This is true. When towing the fuel economy was the same vehicles with smaller engines, like my Pilot. But the fuel economy did not do much better, unlike my Pilot which increased dramatically. I suspect similar with my F150.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:14 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Posts: 997
I have always toyed with the idea of converting a good quality cargo trailer into a travel trailer. The possibilities would be endless. But just love our 21 which is going to get dragged out of the cave one of these first days. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:22 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
I have always toyed with the idea of converting a good quality cargo trailer into a travel trailer. The possibilities would be endless. But just love our 21 which is going to get dragged out of the cave one of these first days. Loren
I have seen a couple cargo trailers outfitted for camping. A good friend of mine, with a fancy 25' motorhome, has one to haul his ATV around in. He has a cabinet area along the front, upper cabinets along one side, with two drop down bunks on the other side. Not only is it a toy hauler, it does double duty as guest lodging (for his young adult kids mostly), and he uses it for overnighters himself pulling it behind his FJ Cruiser when out quadding.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 03:32 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
blue_bullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Fortine, Montana
Trailer: 2016 21 Escape "Wishbone", 2017 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I have seen a couple cargo trailers outfitted for camping. A good friend of mine, with a fancy 25' motorhome, has one to haul his ATV around in. He has a cabinet area along the front, upper cabinets along one side, with two drop down bunks on the other side. Not only is it a toy hauler, it does double duty as guest lodging (for his young adult kids mostly), and he uses it for overnighters himself pulling it behind his FJ Cruiser when out quadding.
I still have a 1996 HiPoint fiberglass enclosed M/C trailer that will haul 3 dirt bikes,
has a fold down bunk for 2 (barely), an awning, an EZ Up to go over the loading ramp to serve as an open air sun room, a Coleman stove and lantern, porta potty, a 5 gal bucket and a shovel, and room for 2 sunshower bags on the roof. It is leak proof and good as new. While we look forward to getting our 21 I just cannot fathom getting rid of the HP. Too many trips to Home Depot to haul lumber and sheet rock and too many good times camping. We are lucky to have room for both. There is still a sign on the inside of the door on the HP that says "Otis Club Members Only".

For those unfamiliar with Otis or for a nice revisit:
Whatever happened to Otis Campbell from the Andy Griffith Show?
__________________

__________________
Rob
(“You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.” ― Ogden Nash)
blue_bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.