I can not believe some one tows this.... - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2016, 12:39 PM   #11

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I thought there was some limit on size?? This has to be at least 3 Escapes in length....
even if its a fake as some post indicate...maybe toyota needs a new challenge for an ad after the space shuttle!

saw a Jayco Seismic three axle toy hauler and rv trailer one day behind a pickup and thought wow...what a tow!

freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 02:16 PM   #12

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
even if its a fake as some post indicate...maybe toyota needs a new challenge for an ad after the space shuttle!
Toyota gets a lot of flack for that ad, but at least it only shows the Tundra doing what it is actually doing: slowly pulling a Space Shuttle by towbar on level ground. Those ridiculous Ford/Ram/GM ads are in another category entirely, with many of them showing the trucks bouncing over rocks like they're running an offroad race (try that for a while and see what breaks), one supposedly pulling a ship out of the water, and other towing a 40-foot shipping container away from a port... not mentioning that it's empty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
saw a Jayco Seismic three axle toy hauler and rv trailer one day behind a pickup and thought wow...what a tow!
Toy haulers are among the biggest of the fifth-wheel RV trailers because they need the length for the garage, and they look big because the roofline stays high over the rear for loft space.

I think the third axle is the knee-jerk reaction to always wanting to use the same ST235/85R16 tires and 8,000 pound axles and running out of capacity with two sets. The faked photo had four axles, which is just dumb, but real trailers of this size are actually triples. Long ago I saw some large luxury fifth-wheel trailers, with dual wheels on tandem axles... 8 tires, just like the classic semi-trailer of an "18-wheeler" rig. I see one brand (Agusta) currently uses 17.5" commercial wheels and tires... almost a real truck tire.

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote