Just Be Happy You Have An Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0 TA
Just Be Happy You Have An Escape

Kinda funny that I happened upon this video after the recent discussions of Escape's shortcomings, but I gotta tell you, after watching this, I need to do a big tip of the hat to Escape and the way they make their trailers, and the after-care. Have a look, and try not to be thankful!!

And a followup:

And finally:

The resolution:

nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
I feel sorry for that guy. But here, any ONE of those problems would have had some folks wringing their hands on the terrible build quality of Escape trailers, and the thread would be 10 pages long with concern and foreboding....

It does put things into perspective though - I hope it helps!

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I do have a FG trailer just not an Escape but I am still thankful.
In today's political climate , I doubt we will see a lemon law for RV's not that it isn't warranted. Attempts in the past have been blocked. With Escape I am not sure one would be necessary.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Forest River doesn't have a good reputation. Tons and tons of complaints about the build quality. My mother who recently passed away was a full timer, and she owned a Doubletree Suites 5th wheel. She mentioned at least two friends who had the misfortune of owning a Forest River, and the many problems they had with them.

This thread is useful, but a better comparison would be not with a sticky with a poor reputation, but another popular fiberglass RV, such as a Casita. I'll take Escape's customer service reputation and build quality over theirs any day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2017, 06:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I do have a FG trailer just not an Escape but I am still thankful.
In today's political climate , I doubt we will see a lemon law for RV's not that it isn't warranted. Attempts in the past have been blocked. With Escape I am not sure one would be necessary.
Not purposely trying to exclude Casita's or Scamps or Olivers or Bigfoot's or Lil' Snoozy or Parkliner's or Trilliums or Bolers or the soon to be produced Nest's...It's just that when I think of what some folks have to deal with after buying a mass-produced trailer, somehow my "problems" seem a bit more trivial. Maybe other people's problems aren't trivial to them, but then again, I don't have a Gen 2. Just kidding!!!!
Old 05-09-2017, 06:58 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
that is why we call them SOB's-something obviously broken
Old 05-09-2017, 07:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Forest River doesn't have a good reputation. Tons and tons of complaints about the build quality. My mother who recently passed away was a full timer, and she owned a Doubletree Suites 5th wheel. She mentioned at least two friends who had the misfortune of owning a Forest River, and the many problems they had with them.

This thread is useful, but a better comparison would be not with a sticky with a poor reputation, but another popular fiberglass RV, such as a Casita. I'll take Escape's customer service reputation and build quality over theirs any day.

Seeing I owned a Casita, I will just say that dealing with their customer service was to me as good as Escapes, at least the few times I had to deal with them. I say this without having the benefit of personally knowing Reace or Tammy, but I imagine most don't, and that might change the perspective of those who know them. I'll be the first to admit that.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:01 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
Seeing I owned a Casita, I will just say that dealing with their customer service was to me as good as Escapes, at least the few times I had to deal with them. I say this without having the benefit of personally knowing Reace or Tammy, but I imagine most don't, and that might change the perspective of those who know them. I'll be the first to admit that.
You're probably right. And, I'm probably a little biased against Casita, since they never responded to repeated emails back in 2014 when I was inquiring about purchasing one. Today I'm happy they never responded.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #9

Quote:
You're probably right. And, I'm probably a little biased against Casita, since they never responded to repeated emails back in 2014 when I was inquiring about purchasing one. Today I'm happy they never responded.

I don't mind for a moment I own an Escape now either! It suits us much better than the Casita and I appreciate the personalization we were allowed by Escape to make. Absolutely.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:12 AM   #10

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Quote:

When I contacted them via phone in 2016 they emailed me a brochure within 10-minutes and answered all my question. I suspect they don't monitor their email address or your domain was blocked for some reason. I'm glad I ended up with an Escape as well, but just wanted to say that if you want to contact a business it's better to pick up the phone because there are a lot of reasons email sometimes doesn't work.
skyfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:19 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfree View Post
When I contacted them via phone in 2016 they emailed me a brochure within 10-minutes and answered all my question. I suspect they don't monitor their email address or your domain was blocked for some reason. I'm glad I ended up with an Escape as well, but just wanted to say that if you want to contact a business it's better to pick up the phone because there are a lot of reasons email sometimes doesn't work.
Yeah, I failed to mention Ron, that I called twice. Both times it went to voicemail, and both times I left a message. No call back. It was weird. As for my domain being blocked, nope. I did send one email with Outlook, but the other I just filled in the contact form.

I guess I was meant to never get a response so I could look into an Escape instead. Escape replied to my first email within a couple minutes.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:02 AM   #12

Trailer: pondering.....
being a trailer newbie, this camper narrowed the search in the beginning to anything that did not have a slideout....while some of those things may actually work well, they look like just one more complicated thing to break or maintain...power awnings are in the same category...
feel sorry for that dude in the video, must be tough experiencing all that after paying what probably was a lot of money for that super sized rig...
sometimes a good design of anything boils down to asking enough of the right "what ifs" ...in the case of that video, a few more "what ifs" perhaps should have been considered.
really liked the magic stick in the video and the occasional fire at the end of it..
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:55 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Nathan, thanks for posting the videos. I've watched the first one.

I was amazed at the intricacies of all the systems and how huge the trailer is. Which leads me to these reflections. Know what you want before purchasing. I guess if you want all kinds of comforts, lots of space and still want a travel trailer without buying some super deluxe high end bus you sign up for some of the headaches buddy in the video experienced.

The fiberglass trailer niche market has traditionally been minimalistic - small footprint and all that green environmental stuff. About the opposite of the trailer featured in the videos. We are delighted with our Escape and pleased with how ETI has stood behind their product.

Of course, SH*T happens. At 63 and being nonmechanical, I've had to learn waaay more new things than I dreamt possible. But it is good to learn new things. People ordering factory direct and who live far away from ETI, if they are not mechanically minded, will need to figure out how to use a screwdriver every once in awhile. But the freedom of hitting the road in a fiberglass trailer like ours has opened up paths we never dreamed possible.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0018.jpg  
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #14
Site Team

Larry and Liz, that's such a great photo. My kind of camping. Or at least, the camping I "want" to do.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:30 PM   #15

Trailer: 2014 17B;2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4
Quote:
Larry and Liz, that's such a great photo. My kind of camping. Or at least, the camping I "want" to do.

Yep, I guess the dude in those videos has a different notion/definition of "good camping"

Which reminds me of what my friend advised when I bought my first computer. Ask yourself what do u want to do with it ?

Larry
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0007.jpg   DSC_0008.jpg  
LarryandLiz is offline   Reply With Quote