Lenten tradition - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2016, 06:31 PM   #11

Trailer: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
Steve, couldn't help but notice the url on the bottom of your post, which looks to be searching for "Handi-Hitch" in Maplewood. Unfortunately, they are closed. I have been using Burnsville Hitch instead. But would like to find something in St. Paul. So far, I have not found a good trailer place on this side of the river.
Yes ,, my son in law was looking to have a hitch put on his van . I have used Handi Hitch in the past and was happy with their work.
I guess he will have to look elsewhere . We moved out of St Paul and I was not aware that they closed so thank you for the heads up

Steve D

steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #12

Trailer: 1996 Northstar 10'
IowaDave--we have a customer in Vining/Elberon--Benda Ag. Ever heard of them? 4m north of Vining.

msethsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:30 PM   #13

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Benda's

Quote:
Originally Posted by msethsmile View Post
IowaDave--we have a customer in Vining/Elberon--Benda Ag. Ever heard of them? 4m north of Vining.
I know exactly where Benda's is located. Vining has gotten too small
To support a tavern and the next town north is not much bigger but still has a little one. So when I get a thirst and am in the area, I run up to Clutier and go past Benda Ag. Our farm ground is about the same distance south of US 30 as Vining is north. I'll be in Vining next Sunday morning for an auction and flea market but mostly for some kolaches and a sandwhich at the CSA Hall. It's the only place I know where you have to know Czech to eavesdrop
on a conversation. I have rotor cuff damage and can still throw a rock the length of the business district in Vining.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:44 PM   #14

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Iowa Dave, My dad grew up around Vining and Clutier. My Great Grandfather settled in the Czech hills around there but they were not the first ones to love that rolling country. The Native Americans did too and my dad as a kid was always picking up arrow heads, stone scraping knives, and spear points. I have a beautiful collection. Will be up that way with the trailer in about a month and we should try to get together. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:07 PM   #15

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 pulled by a 2010 Highlander Anderson hitch,
Loren,
Small world department. The farmer who lived adjacent to where my mom grew up used stone axe heads for doorstops, I remember seeing them as a kid. We will be is Southern Iowa for a fishing tournament ( read that drinkathon) the last weekend in April, other than that we will be around. Keep us apprised of your plans, we'd very much like to meet you.

Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote