New Ranger Spotted in Moab - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-30-2017, 07:46 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
New Ranger Spotted in Moab

Looks like Ford was doing some off-roading with the new Ranger in Moab recently. There are a few similarities to the Colorado and Canyon. Although quite different than the Ranger sold overseas, it's still relatively the same size. I guess we can kiss any hopes for a 'small' light duty truck goodbye.

https://jalopnik.com/looks-like-the-...1821660039/amp
Old 12-30-2017, 07:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Looks like a pickup truck.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:59 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Looks like a small pickup truck.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:46 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Waiting breathlessly since I sold my 2004 in 2010 and went Tacoma.

Greg
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #5

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Looks like Ford was doing some off-roading with the new Ranger in Moab recently. There are a few similarities to the Colorado and Canyon. Although quite different than the Ranger sold overseas, it's still relatively the same size. I guess we can kiss any hopes for a 'small' light duty truck goodbye.

https://jalopnik.com/looks-like-the-...1821660039/amp
Oh, I don't know. Larger cab for our US bods, but the sneak shots seem to show a shorter wheel base/bed. I know that there are some folks towing 5.0TA's with SHORT bed Colorado's/Canyon's, but I'm glad I went for the extra 16". FMI, which Escapes can be towed with smaller (i.e. Frontierian) pickups?

rbryan4, said it before. REALLY understand your wish for a "small" pickup. Drove Toyota crew cab short beds with relatively tiny TDI engines in Yemen deserts for years. We fueled them with non PC diesel we made ourselves by running our crude through a field based "topping plant" - the same fuel we used for the well site gensets we used to power our 1000 HP downhole electrical submersible pumps. I LOVED those trucks - tough, dependable, HUGE AC compressors. Just not practical for towing our new 5.0TA....

Meandering now. Also loved our first post college vehicle. An '81 Isuzu 4wd pickup with the 62 horsepower, normally aspirated diesel, repurposed from running truck fridges. But after a year our one year old learned how to kick it out of 4th gear from his car seat. Son or truck? He won 2/3 coin tosses and we tell HIS kids that story....
Old 12-30-2017, 09:06 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by phalaney View Post
Oh, I don't know. Larger cab for our US bods, but the sneak shots seem to show a shorter wheel base/bed. I know that there are some folks towing 5.0TA's with SHORT bed Colorado's/Canyon's, but I'm glad I went for the extra 16". FMI, which Escapes can be towed with smaller (i.e. Frontierian) pickups?

rbryan4, said it before. REALLY understand your wish for a "small" pickup. Drove Toyota crew cab short beds with relatively tiny TDI engines in Yemen deserts for years. We fueled them with non PC diesel we made ourselves by running our crude through a field based "topping plant" - the same fuel we used for the well site gensets we used to power our 1000 HP downhole electrical submersible pumps. I LOVED those trucks - tough, dependable, HUGE AC compressors. Just not practical for towing our new 5.0TA....

Meandering now. Also loved our first post college vehicle. An '81 Isuzu 4wd pickup with the 62 horsepower, normally aspirated diesel, repurposed from running truck fridges. But after a year our one year old learned how to kick it out of 4th gear from his car seat. Son or truck? He won 2/3 coin tosses and we tell HIS kids that story....
I hear ya Bob. Old Rangers were some of my favorite "little" trucks - and they used to actually be little. You could beat them up and they just kept going. As for a tow vehicle, I much prefer my F150 (especially with my "larger" US bod...lol), but my old Ranger was just fun.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:14 PM   #7

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I waited patiently for Ford to change their mind about discontinuing the Ranger line and at the last minute bought a new one in 2011. I was hoping the new diesel one would become available at some point. However I saw one in New Zealand in 2013 and was really disappointed with the size. I've always had import pickups and every new one was larger than the old version. I'm disappointed with the lack of a small pickup choice. Even if the diesel Ranger becomes available here I'll pass on it.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:25 PM   #8

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
I bought a new 1990 Ford Ranger pickup. It had the 4.0 liter V-6, the first year for that configuration. I drove it for eighteen years. Yeah, I guess I overdid it. I would have considered buying another one but they left the country.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:24 AM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I have to admit that I do like the color
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:19 AM   #10

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I have to admit that I do like the color
like mustard....I think Toyota has something close