New trend - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2018, 06:50 PM   #21

Trailer: Will get an Escape 19 some day
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Sitting outside is always preferable to being inside IMHO. BUT weather and bugs sometimes makes that impossible. The one thing sadly lacking in all the molded towables is a comfortable place to sit inside. I have a u-shape dinette and I 'lounge,' but sitting in a comfortable chair would sometimes be grand! I've even used a lawn chair inside in the aisle way just to be able to sit and read a book. I didn't want to lay in bed, didn't want to 'lounge,' just wanted to sit and read. Often that's in the very early hours before the sun comes up or late at night. And yeah, I know about pillows and back support do-dads, but it's just not the same.
Agreed. A pair of those small 'Euro rockers' with one of those folding leg tables would be preferable to a dinette.
Y is Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:02 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y is Me View Post
I have to use a goodly portion of what I had been squirreling away for my Escape to replace a @%$^%*# broken hot water heater and get a cleanup crew to deal with the flooding

Your homeowner's insurance might (and should) cover this.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 07:14 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Insurance claim?
Old 07-16-2018, 07:39 PM   #24

Trailer: Will get an Escape 19 some day
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Your homeowner's insurance might (and should) cover this.
Once I get a total for the whole shebang, I'm going to contact my agent and see how much my premiums will go up if I file a claim. If filing a claim will make my premiums go up too much and affect the insurance equivalent of a credit rating, it will be cheaper in the long run to just eat the cost out of my savings.

And I'm not going to get on my soapbox about insurance. Nope.
Y is Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:02 AM   #25

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Hmmm, I have a love hate relationship with camping, I listed my 2007 17b for sale 2 times, I only got low ball offers. I finally decided I needed to make a few changes and keep it until I near retirement which is 15 years away. One change is a good mattress.

There seems to be less interest here in Ontario than the west coast with smaller trailers, I think because of it’s flatter geography, people buy bigger trailers.

I hope ETI keeps putting out Fifth wheels, because I want a gently used one for retirement.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:21 AM   #26

So, the trend continues, I wonder if these sales are going to be flippers for the framed windows?
Old 07-21-2018, 07:47 AM   #27

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
There seems to be less interest here in Ontario than the west coast with smaller trailers, I think because of it’s flatter geography, people buy bigger trailers.
t.
I don't know about that, there seems to be a ton of small FG trailer owners in Ontario and Quebec, and the vast majority of RVs I see around here are of the behemoth variety.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 09:38 AM   #28

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I don't know about that, there seems to be a ton of small FG trailer owners in Ontario and Quebec, and the vast majority of RVs I see around here are of the behemoth variety.
A local mass-volume RV dealer's current television add is promoting "$30,000 off" on select Jayco 5th wheels. That's more "off" than we paid for our Escape 21'!
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Always amazed to see people pull into a campground in their rolling palaces, plug in, pull the shades, and never seem to come out for days with just the hazy blue glow of the tv letting us know they are still there. Why not stay at home. We refer to them as "Pod People". We love being outside as much as possible as long as the elements allow.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:00 PM   #30

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
Always amazed to see people pull into a campground in their rolling palaces, plug in, pull the shades, and never seem to come out for days with just the hazy blue glow of the tv letting us know they are still there. Why not stay at home. We refer to them as "Pod People". We love being outside as much as possible as long as the elements allow.

I've noticed them too, often we are the tiny trailer when we are in campgrounds. And one of the few who go outside.

But something else I have noticed is,,, the smaller the trailer the bigger the dog. Often those behemoth 5th wheels and class A's will have tiny little lap dogs traveling with them.

Scamp 13's and such seem to have big dogs associated with them.
When we were at Scamp camp FL this year we were amazed at the size of some of the dogs and in one case the fact they had 3 big dogs in their little trailer.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:12 PM   #31

So true on the dog camper size relationship. We have noticed that also. I am a dog lover but one thing that drives me crazy is having the peace and quiet shattered by a yappy or barking dog. So often the owners are immune the to disturbance they are causing. Always a touchy situation.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:14 PM   #32
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
I can think of several reasons you don't see these people. Maybe they're not 'campers' but full-timing in their RV. Being outside and sitting around a campfire is no longer a big interest. Another reason may be for health reasons. A number of years ago, I talked to a man... in a big monster 5th wheel, who's wife had breast cancer. She wasn't feeling well after a treatment, but didn't want to be at home. He was tending to her wishes. Good for him!

I only know about me. I truly can't judge people based on what I see and don't know. Different strokes for different folks.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 12:15 PM   #33

That is the way it is in the big cities, a person with a one room apartment will have a great dane while someone with a 5 acre estate will have a tiny pomeranian. Bill Cosby did a record skit about this long ago, the richer the person, the smaller the watch dog. Man wakes up and says someone is in the house, how do you know the wife says, he says, the dog wet all over my leg from being scared....
Old 07-21-2018, 12:19 PM   #34

You are correct Donna. Just seems that we see so many of them that it might be a combination of situations. Never judging them, just observing.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:29 PM   #35
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I remember a time I was in a campground a big moho pulled in a lots of people spilled out. Then about 4 EZ-ups were put up, the big ole grill came out and with push of a few buttons a big screen TV came out of the 'basement.' First thought, Why? Being at home or a sports bar would be better. THEN... oooh I want to watch that college football game. Wonder if I can go over and make friends with those people
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:21 PM   #36

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
There are so many reasons why not all people staying in campgrounds are "campers." One example I know is a guy who has his own consulting business. He may have an out-of-state contract for several weeks work, and rather than rent a hotel room for those weeks, he takes his camper with him to stay in. He might spend some entire days inside his camper on his computer working on design elements and paperwork associated with the project. When evening comes, he's on Skype having face time with his wife and kids back home. He's not on vacation. He's making a living, keeping down his out-of-pocket costs, and still trying to stay in touch with his family. Just one example....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 07:56 AM   #37

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
There are so many reasons why not all people staying in campgrounds are "campers." One example I know is a guy who has his own consulting business. He may have an out-of-state contract for several weeks work, and rather than rent a hotel room for those weeks, he takes his camper with him to stay in. He might spend some entire days inside his camper on his computer working on design elements and paperwork associated with the project. When evening comes, he's on Skype having face time with his wife and kids back home. He's not on vacation. He's making a living, keeping down his out-of-pocket costs, and still trying to stay in touch with his family. Just one example....
Or, on the other end of the spectrum, see the first episode of Breaking Bad, lol!
Old 07-22-2018, 12:22 PM   #38

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilola View Post
Or, on the other end of the spectrum, see the first episode of Breaking Bad, lol!
I never made it past the first five minutes.

Doug
NuthatchBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuthatchBC View Post
I never made it past the first five minutes.

Doug
You should give it a good chance. One of my favourite TV series.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:05 PM   #40

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Sitting outside is always preferable to being inside IMHO. BUT weather and bugs sometimes makes that impossible.

And THIS is why we loved our screen room (and hope ETI brings them back)!!! I'm a mosquito magnet. If I'm in a campground with any of you, you will not need a repellent because they will all be buzzing around me.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote