Pay With Gasbuddy - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2018, 12:16 AM   #21

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I deleted the Gas Buddy app today after seeing prices listed on the app at 152.9 and at the pump 158.9. Not wasting gas chasing ghosts.
North Van GasBuddy users seem to be particularly bad at entering correct data - I don't recall ever noticing an incorrect value in GasBuddy, although I don't use it every time.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:37 AM   #22

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I noticed a 152.9 price liste on Gas Buddy, but it was out of my way and wasn't a Shell station. My wife had a 4 cents off coupon from Thrifty Foods, valid at Shell, so I was particularly tuned to finding a Shell station nearby ( there are two on my usual routes ).

It's been a week now, and I'm creeping toward 1/4 tank, but since I won't go out of my way to save a couple pennies on 40 litres ( my usual fill ), looking up inaccurate prices is just a waste of time.

Using a litre of gas ( at $1.58.9 ) to save 80 cent on a fill makes no sense to me.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Using a litre of gas ( at $1.58.9 ) to save 80 cent on a fill makes no sense to me.
Of course it doesn't, but a price finding app can still be useful, especially when we're on the road.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:14 AM   #24

Trailer: 2012 E19
You Canadians are literbugs!
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:16 AM   #25

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
I agree Glenn and despite our litre price locally at 1.30 it's worth it for me to drive three miles into the US for 2.88 a gallon gas to fill my 35 gallon truck tank even with the exchange. Mind you we mostly use the truck for camping and much of that in the US so we're usually there when it needs filling anyway. For example we're off just an hour and a bit this Sunday to meet up with Alf and May Anne.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:18 AM   #26

Litrebugs.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 7.17.36 AM.png  
Old 06-01-2018, 10:10 AM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Gasoline with Ethanol

87 octane gasoline with 10% ethanol is $2.64.9 a gallon in Eastern Iowa today. Sinclair stations have the “cheapest” upgrade to non ethanol gasoline at +$.20 a gallon. Some are as much as $.40 per gallon for non ethanol gasoline. I like straight gasoline for all of my small engines and for my outboard. I usually buy top tier gasoline. I rarely price shop for gas, it never seems to work out for me and I have certain places I like to stop wherever I go. Whether I need 5 gallons or 15, I always stop at Montana Wheat bakery but it’s not for the fuel for the Highlander, it’s fuel for me. In addition, I like to stop at Town Pump stations in Montana as a lot of them have a free dump station. Some “require” a gas purchase and some don’t have a sign to that effect. Clean restrooms, cheap eggs and bananas and two
for $1.09 salted peanuts are my parameters in Iowa. I always stop at the Kwik Star at mile marker 201 on I 80 in Iowa. A nice lady smiled at me there once and I thought we had a moment. Later I realized she was laughing at me and my full camo face paint. Oh well.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-01-2018, 10:26 AM   #28

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Here is the norm now in Vancouver.
Attached Thumbnails
73FEE7B9-D96D-4483-B1E8-B7C479820312.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:51 PM   #29

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Litrebugs.
I see we're being very litre-al.

I feel for you folks up there, paying those high fuel prices. No fun! I can see how an auxiliary gas tank in the pickup bed could be a great asset on any runs south of the border.

I just filled up this a.m. for $2.52 point 9 per gallon. Getting ready to head north to Michigan, where some places are over $3.
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:21 PM   #30
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
yeah, I wouldn't mind having a 40 or 50G aux tank on my F250 diesel. as it is, i've got a 500 mile range, but with the aux tank, wow, could go 1000 miles before I had to look for fuel
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:04 PM   #31

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
I’m putting one in the bed of our truck for our adventures
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:42 PM   #32

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Of course it doesn't, but a price finding app can still be useful, especially when we're on the road.
I find that the last thing I want to do when I'm on holidays is to drive all over an unfamiliar city looking to save a few cents on gas. If the cheaper station is not on the route I'm plaining to take then I don't bother with it.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:08 PM   #33
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrisetrucker View Post
I find that the last thing I want to do when I'm on holidays is to drive all over an unfamiliar city looking to save a few cents on gas. If the cheaper station is not on the route I'm planning to take then I don't bother with it.
But that's just it. We don't go out of the way to save a few cents, but we do stop at places that are cheaper than surrounding stations along the way. We've seen as much as a 11-12 cents per gallon difference in prices at gas stations along our route that are only a few miles apart.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:30 PM   #34

Trailer: 2015 17b "Shelly"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
But that's just it. We don't go out of the way to save a few cents, but we do stop at places that are cheaper than surrounding stations along the way. We've seen as much as a 11-12 cents per gallon difference in prices at gas stations along our route that are only a few miles apart.
Yeah it can be a bit frustrating to fuel up at one place and half mile down the road find it selling for less. But I usually just go " WHAT EVER " and carry on enjoying my vacation.
Old 06-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #35

I'm buying gas on Wed. morning.
Gas Prices: Wednesday Mornings is Best Time to Buy Gas | TIME.com
Old 06-01-2018, 07:16 PM   #36

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
On the theme of not going out of the way, but still choosing a less expensive source...
Prices can vary substantially between areas. Anyone driving between the Vancouver area and Alberta, especially via Kamloops (Trans-Canada and/or Coquihalla) will likely have noticed big changes in prices. Kamloops is a local low point in prices (likely due to the pipeline terminal and refinery there), and having the range to choose a refuelling location a hundred kilometres further down the route can make a substantial difference. For those not familiar with these price patterns, a service such as GasBuddy can be useful.

Also, GasBuddy runs a website as well as the app - the app is not needed to see price lists or maps.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote