So Many Mods, So Little Time - Page 11 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire

Old 10-13-2016, 10:10 PM   #101

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I want motors with a remote control . Just stand there and push buttons . Pat
I think you need to step up to one of those 40-foot behemoths so you can just sit in the driver's seat and deploy awnings and stabilizers with the push of a button...sort of like being captain of the Starship Enterprise.

Still laughing...

Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:42 PM   #102

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
Tell Linda to do it, don't even have to push a button.
She does now . But the knees and back just are not what they used to be .should back down and get the front jack lift too . Pat

Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:51 PM   #103

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Brian now have used them 2+ years . Everything from dirt ,concrete , asphalt and little gravel or rocks .
The potential issue on asphalt is leaving marks on the asphalt, rather than damage to the pads. On gravel, as long as rocks don't jam into the openings and the webs don't break due to concentrated loads on them from resting on individual rocks, everything is fine. The type of gravel really matters.

Quote:
Now if I only had motors to lift jacks up .
You can replace them (they're likely BAL C-Jacks or T-jacks) with BAL Powered C-Jacks, or (since you already have the jacks) use BAL's PowerPak add-on motors (only if the existing units are C-jacks). For remote control, see the discussion of a switch box on the end of a cable for the jacks on the front of a 5.0TA, or get one of the commercially made switch boxes or remote controls.

Here's a remote control system for four jack motors:
Atwood (80436) Wireless Remote Control Kit for Power Jack

Given the common use of motorized tongue jacks on Escapes and other travel trailers of a similar size, powered stabilizer jacks seem like a reasonable idea to me... although I'll just stay with my trailer's hand-cranked (or cordless drill powered) jacks at least for now. Leveling jacks take more work, so power is more attractive there - I'm glad I don't need to manually operate the ones on our motorhome.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:26 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I think you need to step up to one of those 40-foot behemoths so you can just sit in the driver's seat and deploy awnings and stabilizers with the push of a button...sort of like being captain of the Starship Enterprise.

Still laughing...
Believe or not really don't care for powered awnings . Have had this manual awning for over 30+ years and like it fine just as it is . The jacks require kneeing and bending . If I went back to a motorhome would like it small . There are positives and negatives with all RV' s . It' s not the powered and pushing of buttons it' s making things a little easier for you if they are hard . Pat
Old 10-14-2016, 01:27 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
The potential issue on asphalt is leaving marks on the asphalt, rather than damage to the pads. On gravel, as long as rocks don't jam into the openings and the webs don't break due to concentrated loads on them from resting on individual rocks, everything is fine. The type of gravel really matters.

You can replace them (they're likely BAL C-Jacks or T-jacks) with BAL Powered C-Jacks, or (since you already have the jacks) use BAL's PowerPak add-on motors (only if the existing units are C-jacks). For remote control, see the discussion of a switch box on the end of a cable for the jacks on the front of a 5.0TA, or get one of the commercially made switch boxes or remote controls.

Here's a remote control system for four jack motors:
Atwood (80436) Wireless Remote Control Kit for Power Jack

Given the common use of motorized tongue jacks on Escapes and other travel trailers of a similar size, powered stabilizer jacks seem like a reasonable idea to me... although I'll just stay with my trailer's hand-cranked (or cordless drill powered) jacks at least for now. Leveling jacks take more work, so power is more attractive there - I'm glad I don't need to manually operate the ones on our motorhome.
Pat
Old 10-14-2016, 01:29 AM   #106

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
We can console ourselves that as our hearing deteriorates, the screech of the power jacks becomes more tolerable.

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:54 AM   #107

Quote:
Pat
Just checked , the system is not available and they don't know if it will come back . Pat
Old 10-14-2016, 02:39 PM   #108

Quote:
Just checked , the system is not available and they don't know if it will come back . Pat
Which one: the BAL powered C-Jacks, the BAL add-on motors, or the Atwood remote controls?
Old 10-14-2016, 05:08 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Which one: the BAL powered C-Jacks, the BAL add-on motors, or the Atwood remote controls?
Sorry the link to Atwood remote . Pat
Old 10-15-2016, 01:16 AM   #110

I think the remote is the least important part in this case. Because these jacks are used only to stabilize the trailer, not to level it, you can run them one at a time and not need to run back and forth between them; that means you can just mount the switch in the trailer wall (with a suitable weatherproof cover, like an outside outlet) above each jack, and walk one lap of the trailer to run them without bending... and no issues with complex wiring or transmitter reliability.

« Stolen Scamp | - »