So Many Mods, So Little Time - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-13-2016, 06:20 PM   #121

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
In other words, you found the camera, you should have known what it's limits were and if a switch should have been used, then you could have specified such. Escape, in installing your supplied product is in no way responsible for it's operation, just that it works.
The camera is a well known camera systems because of how Escape installed it , they should of known it needed a shut off switch . I got this information from a RV repair here in town because they are usually installed to lights which when your TV is shut off or disconnected ,so is the camera .The information did not come from the manufacturer. Funny Oliver knows to install a shut off . It is done when you order that option .We are upset ,and out a lot of money . We are not making this up . It just brought it back home when I saw this trailer yesterday . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Sorry to hear your camera failed, but was a switch supplied with the unit, and did the installation manual say one was required? If not, how would Escape know one should have been installed?
No ,to first question . How does Oliver know to install the shut off switch ? If this was beyond Escape"s capability they should of never agreed to do it in the first place .We don't like throwing money away . Pat
Old 11-13-2016, 06:25 PM   #123
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Funny Oliver knows to install a shut off . It is done when you order that option.
That's precisely the point. Oliver installs a camera they provide as a factory option -- it's not custom. Therefore, Oliver is on the hook for installing it a certain way.

I'm sorry your out the money for the camera though.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:30 PM   #124

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
A factory option is guaranteed to work, a custom install is not.....
Old 11-13-2016, 06:39 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
That's precisely the point. Oliver installs a camera they provide as a factory option -- it's not custom. Therefore, Oliver is on the hook for installing it a certain way.

I'm sorry your out the money for the camera though.
Same camera as what Oliver installs and maybe because of the limitations of the fiberglass shell , they know this is what you have to do . I found out because of the installation ,the camera is not supposed to be on constantly never getting a rest , so to speak .It was on , I didn't know it , while under our cover also . I found this out after a lot of searching . Escape is now offering backup cameras . They are basically all the same . Wish I knew about the differences in a fiberglass shell before hand , so I could of got all the information needed and maybe just installed myself . Pat
Old 11-13-2016, 06:55 PM   #126

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
So...maybe this should be its own thread? [emoji51]
Old 11-13-2016, 09:27 PM   #127

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I just had my wall to wall carpets professionally cleaned by a carpet cleaning service that came to the house. I got a nice 50 inch TV but it's a bear to move around. First thing they told me is we don't move around anything electronic. How come?, I asked. Answer was, "Too risky. We only do carpets."
Old 11-13-2016, 09:36 PM   #128

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I'd post a response, but it might mysteriously disappear.
Old 11-13-2016, 09:56 PM   #129

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I'd post a response, but it might mysteriously disappear.
Doesn't your position as a Moderator come with a badge and a six shooter?
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 10:05 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I just had my wall to wall carpets professionally cleaned by a carpet cleaning service that came to the house. I got a nice 50 inch TV but it's a bear to move around. First thing they told me is we don't move around anything electronic. How come?, I asked. Answer was, "Too risky. We only do carpets."
Guess Escape shouldn't be putting in backup camera's then with this anology? Already know how you feel about backup camera's Myron . Pat
Old 11-13-2016, 10:51 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardoz View Post
Doesn't your position as a Moderator come with a badge and a six shooter?
I'm not a moderator. I quit about six months ago.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:55 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Guess Escape shouldn't be putting in backup camera's then with this anology? Already know how you feel about backup camera's Myron . Pat
So, I guess Pat, it would follow that Escape shouldn't accommodate their customers in all the other ways either? Should ETI take responsibility for a customer's choice of cellophane and brown paper for flooring and counter tops?
Old 11-13-2016, 11:09 PM   #133

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
I think Pat was saying that Oliver knows to put in that switch and Escape did not, which seems true. Whether Escape should have known is another question. Who knows if Oliver did not put in such switches and found out from a customer that they needed to do that when someone's camera like Pat's was ruined. Or maybe Oliver did not even put a switch in for that reason at all. For all we know, the switch was installed for some other reason. If Oliver always installs such a camera, well, Escape has not except in a few cases.

Of course, an Oliver costs about twice as much for the bigger one. They are truly beautiful trailers and I even love the interior which some do not. Pat, when you get your Oliver, you will have to meet us half way and show it to us!! With THE switch!
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:54 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
I think Pat was saying that Oliver knows to put in that switch and Escape did not, which seems true. Whether Escape should have known is another question. Who knows if Oliver did not put in such switches and found out from a customer that they needed to do that when someone's camera like Pat's was ruined. Or maybe Oliver did not even put a switch in for that reason at all. For all we know, the switch was installed for some other reason. If Oliver always installs such a camera, well, Escape has not except in a few cases.

Of course, an Oliver costs about twice as much for the bigger one. They are truly beautiful trailers and I even love the interior which some do not. Pat, when you get your Oliver, you will have to meet us half way and show it to us!! With THE switch!
Pat and Linda
Old 11-14-2016, 08:18 AM   #135

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Lessons learned here: To Escape administration.... no good deed goes unpunished. To victims: Do your homework and take nothing for granted.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:45 AM   #136

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Lessons learned here: To Escape administration.... no good deed goes unpunished. To victims: Do your homework and take nothing for granted.
Great summation, Myron.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:50 AM   #137

Yes, this sums it up.....
Old 11-14-2016, 10:21 AM   #138

Quote:
Myron ,I respect you and like you ,but I do not agree . Escape in my opinion shouldn't have agreed to install a electrical item which they agreed to install, which can work fine , installing a different way ,due to the fiberglass ,is the manufacturer and knows the limits of the their fiberglass shells .Escape is installing backup camera's now they provide . Basically they are all the same. They are easy installations . But if you can't install to lights , which is the normal installation , which provides the camera to have a shut off when lights are off or TV disconnected . You need to provide a shut off switch . Learned this from a RV repair .Interesting Oliver knows this and the RV repair .Or maybe don't install them at all . I asked Escape if I could have one and have it installed . I am not the first for this reguest . I usually don't mess with any electrical . I have very little knowledge in that department. I thought the manufacturer was the best place to get this installed . Learned a expensive lesson . Trying to inform and save others .Pat
Old 11-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #139

Since you keep reopening this issue, there are some items that need to be said. You mentioned that the camera was on, even under your cover. Why did you not turn off the master switch if it was covered, then your camera would not have "burned up" if you did this in accordance with standard operating procedures for storage. Perhaps it was owner error??
I quote .It was on , I didn't know it , while under our cover also .
Old 11-14-2016, 10:43 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Since you keep reopening this issue, there are some items that need to be said. You mentioned that the camera was on, even under your cover. Why did you not turn off the master switch if it was covered, then your camera would not have "burned up" if you did this in accordance with standard operating procedures for storage. Perhaps it was owner error??
I quote .It was on , I didn't know it , while under our cover also .
Since you make me having to defend myself . I don't leave the battery cut off switch on constantly even under the cover , which has a pocket for it , I had CalMark put on cover . I am getting tired of repeating this . Say I am boondocking for 6-7 days . You want your battery disconnect on ? Camera was powered the whole time , never being shut down . That is not for any of these camera's what you want . As another note you just get to keep speaking and I need to shut up . Pat