Traffic Congestion Study - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Traffic Congestion Study

INRIX came out recently with the 2016 Scorecard for worst traffic congestion worldwide. No surprise, 5 of the top 10 worst traffic cities in the world are in the US, with LA at the top.

INRIX Global Traffic Scorecard

Old 02-07-2018, 01:48 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Yeah, I heard Portland, OR is number 12 in the USA. I could have told them that without a study! Although there are times, I think we zoom to number one.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:42 PM   #3

Trailer: TBD
Of all the metro area we have encountered while towing
( Chicago , Milwaukee , Kansas City , Toronto , Montreal , San Francisco , Portland , Atlanta, , Edmonton , Nashville , Detroit , Las Vegas , Denver , Omaha etc)
Dallas TX was by far the worst . We drove it once while going to Rice Texas and we will never drive it again if we can avoid it.
There has to be a better way to spend your time without risking your life.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2015 F150 2.7EB
Steve, I agree with you, despite not having traveled through most of those places. Our trip through Dallas on a Sat. afternoon was awful, got stuck in an HOV lane thinking I was OK there till read the sign "no trailers" then an accident in the adjacent lane with truck pushed into the HOV, don't think I could have squeezed by had we a 5.0TA.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:15 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
INRIX came out recently with the 2016 Scorecard for worst traffic congestion worldwide. No surprise, 5 of the top 10 worst traffic cities in the world are in the US, with LA at the top.

INRIX Global Traffic Scorecard
This is funny timing. I was just near NYC last Wednesday and sitting in traffic on my way to VT for some skiing. I commented to my father how the traffic in this area is so horrific and it could only be second to LA. Now it's official...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snip.JPG (24.9 KB, 31 views)
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:26 PM   #6

Trailer: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Steve, I agree with you, despite not having traveled through most of those places. Our trip through Dallas on a Sat. afternoon was awful, got stuck in an HOV lane thinking I was OK there till read the sign "no trailers" then an accident in the adjacent lane with truck pushed into the HOV, don't think I could have squeezed by had we a 5.0TA.

Adrian
The thing that I found strange was the left lane , right lane entrances and exits. You enter the freeway in the right lane and then immediately have to move over 4 lanes to exit on the left , to drive 3 blocks and again have to move over 3 or 4 lanes to make an exit in the right lane. This game of demolition derby goes on for what seems like 100 miles.
The other problem is lack of signage . If you drove it every day it may help but if you are from out of town your screwed . Placing sign one or two car length before an exit makes absolutely no logical sense.
I believe they designed this freeway so people could stand on the overpass bridges and film accidents and footage for crash scenes in movies
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:37 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Our trip through Dallas on a Sat. afternoon was awful, got stuck in an HOV lane thinking I was OK there till read the sign "no trailers" then an accident in the adjacent lane with truck pushed into the HOV, don't think I could have squeezed by had we a 5.0TA.

Adrian
Dallas is bad, at 28th worst traffic In the world and 10th worst in the US, but it has nothing on LA. If you ever happen to be in San Bernardino or Riverside and have to get to Santa Monica, better pack a lunch - and dinner too.

For those who are contemplating picking up their trailer in Chilliwack and proceeding south through Seattle, a look at these stats will tell you why it can be a pain. 9th worst congestion in the US.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:43 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
I only travel to Dallas around mid morning or early Saturday or Sunday mornings never never on a Friday
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:52 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
A book I read about traffic said that the Academy Awards ceremony is a major undertaking for the Los Angeles traffic police. They have a city-wide effort that involves hundreds of people to ensure that movie stars can get across town and arrive at the venue in time, so that it appears that they are casually pulling up in limos to get out and walk the red carpet.

When I lived in the D.C. area I would sometimes get on the Washington Beltway and have it come to a complete stop at midnight for no apparent reason, then traffic would proceed and I'd never know why it stopped, the accident having been cleared up by the time I got to the scene. Then there were the times the radio announced that the Beltway was closed at a certain location for "police activity". Hmm.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:14 PM   #10

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A
The terrain and small footprint of San Francisco make it a towing hell. I have been routed by accident through there with my Aframe and it is NOT fun.

I wish WAZE had a way you could notify "her" that you're towing.