Tumbleweed is christened - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2015, 12:41 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurerl View Post
I like the round tire cover idea -- can I steal it?
I love the name and the graphics!

While I have just a plain black tire cover from ETI, I kept this URL from a post a few years ago for when my tire cover gives up the ghost: https://www.custom-tire-covers.net/index.php/
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 12:59 AM   #22

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
But the fanciness of the font DID mean no individual vinyl letters but screen-printed on a solid vinyl sheet.
Is it on a white sheet intended to match the Escape's body colour? The match would be tough - I would want it on a clear sheet so the trailer shows through between the letters.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:04 AM   #23

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I for one, don't mind the size, "font", color or anything else about your graphic. If I ever meet you coming or if you pass me going away I'll simply say "there goes old tumbleweed."
I agree with Dave here. When spotting an Escape trailer on the road, having larger graphics like this will really make it stand out, esp if you're going the other direction and only get a quick glance at it. Then, when you travel, you can keep an eye on the Escape Sighting thread and see if yours pops up.

I think it's a pretty nifty font, with the tumbleweeds added to the letters. And hey, it's your trailer - get it done the way you like it.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:41 AM   #24

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Probably Elton John, probably from his country (!?) album Tumbleweed Connection, which I used to have a looooonngg time ago but no more.

Yep, it's definitely way too big, have ordered new, smaller, ones. Yes, front & back.

Yep, hard font to read, but this works for us. I did like a simpler font, like the western themed example, but in the end we agreed on the busier graphics because we liked the whimsy.

But the fanciness of the font DID mean no individual vinyl letters but screen-printed on a solid vinyl sheet. Unless we find another sign-maker . . . ?

I like the round tire cover idea -- can I steal it?

I'm havin' fun with this. Happy trails.
By all means steal it !......would love to see it ...
Old 08-29-2015, 09:45 AM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
But the fanciness of the font DID mean no individual vinyl letters but screen-printed on a solid vinyl sheet. Unless we find another sign-maker . . . ?
If you decide to go smaller, it doesn't need to be silkscreened. Find another sign shop that does vinyl decals. For instance, the sugar skull below is only 7"x10" (going on a vehicle back window) and all the white is vinyl, all the clear space has been "weeded." Look how tiny some of the "dots" are... oh my stars. The vinyl is Oracal 651 which is exterior-use marine grade... like the kind used for putting names on boats. Which may very well be the brand/type of vinyl ETI uses too.

If you need more information, send me a PM.
Attached Thumbnails
SugarSkull.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote